So, who's definitely gonna die in The Winds of Winter?

LooseyRoosey

Wasn't he really bothered by the fact Lady Stoneheart didn't come to play, and that she had a some things to deal? The same about Jeyne?

And, don't forget, while a character may not be in the show, it doesn't means his role is cut off. They still can get another to do their job.

Barristan. Victarion. Jojen. Theon or Asha, maybe even both, but at least one. Shireen (probably Selyse as well). Jhaqo and Maqo. Bowen Marsh (obviously). The Boltons...I can't see them harassing the North and the resurgent Starks until the end. That plotline will end in TWOW imo. And, sadly, Tommen.

Those are the ones I am very confident in. Others like Stannis, Myrcella, Brienne/Jaime, etc seem highly probable, but I am not really certain.

i dont think stannis is going to die just yet maybe in last book but not in 6th.

I want these characters to die though.

Jaimie

Victorian

Jojen

Fake Aegon

Mance

Pycelle

few sand snakes

Roose Bolton not Ramsay though not just yet

few freys

Sansa

Myrcella

Tommen

Daarion

but i think following are going to die

Asha

Victorian

Jojen

Tormund

Greyworm

dannys

Daario

i think we will always find out that thenns are hiding something, i think we might figure out that thenns might have something to do with

White walkers or others reappearance.

Jojen, Robert Arryn, Shireen, and Tommen will probably die, for what I think are obvious reasons.  Possibly Myrcella too.  JonCon is also a likely bet, as is Barristan  King's Landing is going to be a mess once Aegon and Victarion/Euron arrive, so depending on the timeline of events and how close Dany is I think the former two are in danger.  I could also see the LS story line coming to a close, which will hopefully mean the end of Walder Frey and Littlefinger.  

Wait....what? Please can someone share a link on that.

Everything I've read has stated they are on the same path and ending will be the same that doesn't happen if you key characters although the show has only killed minor ones with the exceptions of Barristan and Stannis and most people feel they are doomed in Winds anyway.

He said it during his interview in Germany a few weeks ago.  You can easily find it on Youtube if you search for his name and filter the results by upload date and length.

The interview is over an hour long, so I have no idea where he said it in the interview itself...but he did indeed say it.

After season 4 and 5 of the tv show TWoW needs to have the deaths of

Jojen

Barristan Selmy

Stannis Baratheon

Selyse Baratheon

Shireen Baratheon

Myrcella Baratheon (Lannister)

Meryn Trant

to catch up

and

Victarion Greyjoy

'Damphair' Greyjoy

Arianne Martell

(f) Aegon Targaryen

Jon Connington

Because the tv show gave Jon Connington's greyscale to Jorah Mormont I speculate that Jorah dies in TWoW.

And with the completly invented Dorne arc for Jaime he will go, too. As does Tommen Baratheon.

Bold prediction: TWoW will end with Cersei burning King's Landing with wildfire and Jaime strangling her, both dying in the flames.

After season 4 and 5 of the tv show TWoW needs to have the deaths of

Jojen

Barristan Selmy

Stannis Baratheon

Selyse Baratheon

Shireen Baratheon

Myrcella Baratheon (Lannister)

Meryn Trant

to catch up

and

Victarion Greyjoy

'Damphair' Greyjoy

Arianne Martell

(f) Aegon Targaryen

Jon Connington

Because the tv show gave Jon Connington's greyscale to Jorah Mormont I speculate that Jorah dies in TWoW.

And with the completly invented Dorne arc for Jaime he will go, too. As does Tommen Baratheon.

Bold prediction: TWoW will end with Cersei burning King's Landing with wildfire and Jaime strangling her, both dying in the flames.

No no no, it is the books that shape the show, not the opposite. Just because a character dies in the TV  show he or she is not automatically doomed in the books, Martin himself said that. And to be honest, it will be the show that will have to distribute the of the character they killed to others, or just scrap them.

Barristan isn't dying anytime soon, his preoccupation with the Kingslayer in ADWD signals that, he's set to get knocked off his high horse and follow in Jaime's footsteps, loving where he shouldn't, betraying his queen and playing the game of thrones. At the least he will live to hear the circumstances in which Jaime killed Aerys, as Jaime will live to tell it publically.

I'm going to limit myself to POV characters. Since Barristan, Victarion, and Tyrion are going to be in the same area I think that at least one of them is going to die, if not two. Personally, I think both Barristan and Victarion are going to die. I think Theon will die as well although I'm not sure about Asha. I also have a feeling that Cersei is going to die, along with her children, and possibly Jaime if he winds up being the valonquar. I think he will be and so will have to survive his cliffhanger although I'm not sure about Brienne... I don't think Jon Connington is long for the world and somehow I think Aegon and Arianne might bite the dust before seeing the seventh book.

There's so many great Warriors still alive.....wouldn't it be great to see a ' Great Battle' in ADOS with Multiple fronts? I know I'm speculating on who's still around by the time the Dragons make it to Westeros or whom is allied with whom....but if there are some sort of Team Dragon ( Targaryen-Greyjoy-Martell-various Exiles) VS Team Reach ( Tyrell-Tarly-Faiths Militant) VS Team North ( Stark-Umber-Mormont- Glover-Reed-Manderly, Nym's Pack) VS Team Iron Throne (Lannister- Frey-Bolton- Kingsgard-Gold Cloaks)...

There can be an awful lot of Bloodshed.....keep in mind I'm only guessing on some of the allegiances, I very well could be wrong and someone may surely turn on another, which brings me to some other crazy questions....

1) aside from the soon to be dead Freys and Boltons....who is allied with the Lannisters?
2) when is the Vale going to get involved? After Sansa in disguise is we'd?

I'm going to limit myself to POV characters. Since Barristan, Victarion, and Tyrion are going to be in the same area I think that at least one of them is going to die, if not two. Personally, I think both Barristan and Victarion are going to die. I think Theon will die as well although I'm not sure about Asha. I also have a feeling that Cersei is going to die, along with her children, and possibly Jaime if he winds up being the valonquar. I think he will be and so will have to survive his cliffhanger although I'm not sure about Brienne... I don't think Jon Connington is long for the world and somehow I think Aegon and Arianne might bite the dust before seeing the seventh book.

I have a feeling Jaime will kill Cercei.....but only after She kills Tommen and possibly Myrcella as part of a Mercy Killing ( Dragons knocking on her door, perhaps?). Tyrion will kill Jaime, but it will be a really sad , Geary eyed scene.

Wait....what? Please can someone share a link on that.

Everything I've read has stated they are on the same path and ending will be the same that doesn't happen if you key characters although the show has only killed minor ones with the exceptions of Barristan and Stannis and most people feel they are doomed in Winds anyway.

If that happened at the reading in Hamburg - there he said nothing at all about the show.
But I remember interviews in Germany where he said that characters are dead in the show while being alive in the books. But he said nothing about "alive in the end" as far as I remember. If I remember correctly.

i dont think stannis is going to die just yet maybe in last book but not in 6th.

I want these characters to die though. 

Jaimie 
Victorian
Jojen
Fake Aegon
Mance
Pycelle
few sand snakes 
Roose Bolton not Ramsay though not just yet
few freys
Sansa
Myrcella 
Tommen
Daarion

but i think following are going to die

Asha
Victorian
Jojen 
Tormund
Greyworm
dannys 
Daario

i think we will always find out that thenns are hiding something, i think we might figure out that thenns might have something to do with 
White walkers or others reappearance.

Why do you want Sansa, Myrcella, Tommen and Jojen to die???!!!

The rest of the list I for the most part agree with, but the ones I mentioned seem like sweet kids. What is it about them that wish death upon them?

Theon.
Why? Because he'll be the sacrifice to bring Jon Snow back.

Boltons. Both of them.
Why? Their story arc is complete and the Starks have to make a comeback on their dead bodies.

Walder Frey (and probably the rest of the freys)
Why? Because he is linked with the Boltons in killing Rob Stark etc, and that whole gang basically needs to die to make the Stark comeback complete. Also Frey pie.

Manderly.
Why? Cause he was already just about mortally wounded and he has to get the last Frey pie laugh before dying.

Victarion.
Why? Because he is another pretender trying to own Danys. Not going to happen, we can see the arc happening that Danys cannot be possessed cause she is the dragon queen etc etc.

Jorah Mormont.
Why? Because he is a tragic case. He will get his last little sacrifice for Dany though somehow.

Connington.
Why? Greyscale story arc. Maybe related to....

Fake Aegon.
Why? Imposter needs to be shown he's not good enough and can't make the cut. He's only a midcard wrestler at best.

Sweet sweet Robyn of the Vale.
Why? Cause of Sansa and Littlefinger's arc, although I'm not 100% sure how this concludes yet.

Tommen.
Why? There's no way he's sitting on the IRon Throne at the end of this, I doubt Kings Landing is standing by the end of this book.

Cersei.
Why? The mad queen is going to make sure no-one kills her children and will burn KL to the ground to facilitate that. The valanquor will get her though, and she'll also see Tommen and Myrcella perish too. Or maybe this is finale stuff in the last book?

Loras?
He's dying anyway, isn't he? Not 100% on this one, as there could be a Tyrell coup happening and that whole story was BS.

EIther Brienne or Jaime has to die too, and probably Unkat.

Shireen  :bawl: and probably Selyse too. Stannis is a viable option as well.

Lots of Freys. Walder Frey, I hope, will be among the first and the rest of them will just rip each other to shreds when trying to figure out who succeeds papa Frey etc.

Tommen and Myrcella, poor kids...

Someone close to Dany, maybe Grey Worm or one of her bloodriders or something. But not Barristan, please, not Barristan... *fingers crossed*

Possibly Asha or Theon.

Jojen Reed...

Thanks Woman at War that was my understanding so it came as a big surprise to me.  While the show is changing the timing of certain deaths I would be amazed if the fates of major characters was to change.

Well I really wouldn't. The TV show has obviously made the decision to severely edit the number of characters  by a process of combining roles and scrubbing out entire plot lines. My opinion? Littfinger has been given Stannis's role in TWOW, with the Vale storyline being abandoned wholesale. We haven't seen the real battle of ice yet, that's being saved for next season when LF rides north with the Vale Knights.

Barristan was killed off because his book arc was given wholesale to TV Tyrion, who's now the regent in Meereen. There is no consipracy among the Northern Lords, coz they suddenly don't exist in TV Westeros and I reckon they're planning to transfer the entire Aegon invasion and turn into an outright revolt by Dorne, hence the poisoning.

Timing is everything, and yes maybe Stannis etc wouldn't have made it to the end of the series but that's not saying much as I expect very, very few of the main characters will survive, including Jon and Dany. There's a zombie apocalypse coming after all.

I'm guessing that in TWoW Long Night 2.0 will begin and the Wall will fall. So...

Doran Martell - He's the old, weak sun, and will die when the Long Night starts.

Myrcella and Tommen, in that order

Mace - taken out by Nymeria and Tyene, framing Cersei

Shireen and Selyse

Stannis, but he will rise as UnStannis. (Tywin predicted this - Stannis will fight to the bitter end, and then some.)

The High Sparrow and all the septas that pissed off Cersei - Cersei knows how to hold a grudge. It won't be pretty.

Victarion - BBQ'ed and eaten a few seconds after the dragon horn is blown

Brienne - in a way that will be vital to Jaime's story, of course

Bowen Marsh - (Marsh sigil - 10 green frogs on gold) - Jon is avenged by Meera "The Frogslayer" Reed

Jojen Reed  - actually died off-page in ADwD. Theon heard Bran weeping. (regardless of paste or no paste)

Roose Bolton - captured and executed when northern lords take Winterfell

Emmon Frey - while waving his parchment. "But, but, ...."

I'm guessing that in TWoW Long Night 2.0 will begin and the Wall will fall. So...

Doran Martell - He's the old, weak sun, and will die when the Long Night starts.

Myrcella and Tommen, in that order

Mace - taken out by Nymeria and Tyene, framing Cersei

Shireen and Selyse

Stannis, but he will rise as UnStannis. (Tywin predicted this - Stannis will fight to the bitter end, and then some.)

The High Sparrow and all the septas that pissed off Cersei - Cersei knows how to hold a grudge. It won't be pretty.

Victarion - BBQ'ed and eaten a few seconds after the dragon horn is blown

Brienne - in a way that will be vital to Jaime's story, of course

Bowen Marsh - (Marsh sigil - 10 green frogs on gold) - Jon is avenged by Meera "The Frogslayer" Reed

Jojen Reed  - actually died off-page in ADwD. Theon heard Bran weeping. (regardless of paste or no paste)

Roose Bolton - captured and executed when northern lords take Winterfell

Emmon Frey - while waving his parchment. "But, but, ...."

Wow!

Some really interesting comments on here....regardless of whether I love them or hate them...here is whom I think will die in AWOW.

1. Shireen Boratheon
2.Seylse Boratheon
3. Roose Bolton
4. Ramsey Bolton
5. The entire fucking Frey House.
6. Blackfish Brynden Tully
7. Brienne of Tarth
8. GreatJon Umber
9.Wyman Manderleys
10. Blood Raven
11. Jojen Reed
12. Gilly
13. Jorah Mormont
14. Jon Connington
15. Fake Aegon
16. Millisandre
17. Gregor Clegane
18. Sandro Clegane
19. The Nights Watch ( most of them anyway)
20. Thormund Giantsbane
21. Grey Worm
22. Margarey Tyrell
23. Lady Stoneheart
24. Ballon Swann
25. Meron Trant
26. Randall Tarly

That's War, baby!

Archived