Tysha is In Braavos

Blazfemur

It's just a crackpot theory, but their whores are renouned across the world apparently (Cat Of The Canals chapter). Where do whores go? well, why not somewhere where theyre renouned for what they do.

There's also a Veiled Lady there, that keeps her face hidden, and apparently only the ones she takes as lovers ever get to see her face.

I have no substantial evidence to support this, but that's where i believe Tyrion's Tysha is at present day.

I'll put my money on the Veiled Lady, unless ive forgotten is she's revealed or not, or, there's another whore Cat remembers is named Lanna. Lanna sounds an awful lot like Lannister, maybe Tysha wanted to keep her name (as she is married technically).

Regardless, thats where i think tysha is holed out.

It's widely believed that Tysha is the Sailor's Wife in Braavos.

Her daughter, Lanna, has blonde hair, is at the right age to be Tyrion's daughter and her name is Lanna.

BAM! awesome. still fuzzy as im still presently going through the reread, but i want to bet tysha is a braavosi whore.

The Sailor's Wife, hmm, only sleeps with those who marry her. She also speaks in westerosi common tongue.

Cat thought there was something sad about her too.

it says here she says her first husband was lost at sea, thats what contradicts her story. unless thats a coverup

Ugh, please GRRM don't bring Tysha into the story. She is much more powerful as a memory to forever haunt Tyrion

Seriously, what purpose could a reuinion between them serve, other than to further traumatize them both?

great statement, by the way.

oh i think tysha being in the story is a great find -- but i agree she should remain unknown to tyrion.

ideas that should theoretically end tragically:

-the sailor's wife is confirmed to be tysha, and her goldenhaired daughter lanna (tyrion the father)

-jon's parents are revealed, unfortunately, after jons death. jon never gets to find out who his parents truly were.

-the gravedigger being confirmed as sandor clegane. though, sandor has chosen a life of redemption, as well as 10 years of silence, and will live out the remainder of his days away from all the fighting

When I met the Sailor's Wife on a reread, the idea that she could be Tysha popped into my head as soon as Arya thought there was something sad about her. I looked into the theory more and now I'm about 95% convinced she is Tysha.

Her daughter, Lanna, has blonde hair, is at the right age to be Tyrion's daughter and her name is Lanna.

No, it's not. She's much more likely to be Gerion Lannister's daughter.

No, it's not. She's much more likely to be Gerion Lannister's daughter.

I agree. She is a red herring for Tysha I suspect.

I REALLY do not want Tysha to have become a whore, because she wasn't one. If she has any future relevance please god Martin let her have agency and a strength story.

Tysha was not a whore, and should not be one now.

I agree. She is a red herring for Tysha I suspect.

I REALLY do not want Tysha to have become a whore, because she wasn't one. If she has any future relevance please god Martin let her have agency and a strength story.

Tysha was not a whore, and should not be one now.

I prefer Tysha to never appear in this story. But if she does have to make an appearance I agree with you.

we all seem to agree, Lanna, seems to be a young Lannister.

I will keep the Veiled Lady in the back of my mind, as someone of particular interest.

I'll also keep the sailor's wife there as well, as she is someone, whether it's tysha or not, that character is definitely someone important. Westerosi accent, somewhat of a backstory, even if it turns out one of these women is Ashara, it'd be an interesting read.

but my firm belief, im jumping on the tysha=sailor's wife bandwagon. and i definitely love the idea of lanna being the spawn of tysha/tyrion (even if tysha had all those other men in her that night, she could have been early pregnant before that event happened)

She might be the sailors wife though I hope we''re left in the dark on this issue.

I hope we (or Tyrion at least) never get a definitive answer to 'Where do whores go?'. It works better as a mystery I think.

The mystery is that Tysha is not a whore

I like the theory of Penny being Tyrion's daughter it adds much more complexity to his character and Penny's aswell.

I like the theory of Penny being Tyrion's daughter it adds much more complexity to his character and Penny's aswell.

Except that I am pretty sure penny is older than 13, and she has memories of her father, who was not Tyrion. I like the Podrick theory myself.

Archived