Littlefinger and the throne

unSonofStannis

Is Littlefinger worried about who sits the Iron Throne next? I know theres a theory that hes conspiring to put Edric on the throne since he asked for Roberts tapestries but what if some one else completely alien and unknown to him like Aegon takes the throne, how would he react? Or would he ignore whats going down in Kings Landing and just focus on taking back the North for Sansa for his own purposes?

I for one think if hes still alive by then and has Sansa under his thumb then hed use the army of the Vale since Varys said he has lands and titles now, how long before he has armies? Or something like that.

Most of his titles were given by the Lannister so I guess he cares a little but this guy always has a Plan B and C and I guess it involves that 6Millions golden dragons that he probably stole.

Sansa is a key to the North and (which is often forgotten) the Riverland, you know the place where LF is the Lord Paramount. Sansa is also a useful tool to get the Vale on his side.

So:

-Milions of golden dragon
-Sansa
-Wit
-Titles
-Skills
-Bribes

He still has lots of cards to play even if the ruler was to change tomorrow.

Most of his titles were given by the Lannister so I guess he cares a little but this guy always has a Plan B and C and I guess it involves that 6Millions golden dragons that he probably stole.

Sansa is a key to the North and (which is often forgotten) the Riverland, you know the place where LF is the Lord Paramount. Sansa is also a useful tool to get the Vale on his side.

So:

-Sansa

-Wit

-Titles

-Skills

-Bribes

Correct, and not only that, but if the ruler does change, the only thing LF has to do is pledge feality oF the North and Riverlands and his authority is confirmed. I actually think LF would welcome a regime change. Even if he pledged fealty and certain houses rebelled they would be taken down and new ones loyal to LF and the new anarchy put in their place. Since House Lannister already has his loyalty, I doubt they do much more than rid Harenhall of the Goat's remains.

Littlefinger's interest in the Throne is waning along with whatever influence he had at KL....I'm inclined to think there is a greater game afoot... that being the North, Vale and Riverlands all under Littlefinger's control along with a pact of agreement made with Tyrell's giving them control of Reach, Stormlands, Crownlands and the Westerlands....It all goes back to visit to the Tyrells in aGoT with them turning on Stannis at the Blackwater, Littlefinger Lord Paramount and Margery's marriage the most visable outcomes as of yet...Who is on the throne is of little consequence in Littlefinger's game....

there I go again missing complete words...gotta proof...gotta proof

So:

-Sansa

-Wit

-Titles

-Skills

-Bribes

Exactly. Some will remember him as a Lannister supporter throughout the war, but the "glory" (and thus blame) in all the major events went to more prominent people.

If Baelish can bring the Vale, and possibly Riverlands on side with some other contender, is that person likely to turn their nose up at him (and his wealth & influence & food supply & maybe 20000 soldiers) and declare him a foe ?

Not likely. If it gets him what he wants, he will turn cloaks faster than a mummer between acts. But people know this about him already.

I think Littlefinger aims to control the throne without actually sitting it (unless he ends up Regent for an underage king).

Agreed. He would much rather rule the kingdom by controlling its resources than by actually wearing the crown and putting himself at risk of assassination.

To me, Littlefinger is Napolean to the max. His ambition knows no bounds.

First he wants to rule Westeros. After that he'll want to rule the world. Then the universe. Then he'll want to the All-Being, Master of Time, Space and Dimension.

Every wrung on the ladder he grasps merely shifts his attention to the next wrung.

It isnt even certain he want to rules the IT or control the ruler. The only one who talked about LF's goal was Varys and he is in the top 3 of the "you cant trust them" characters.

Maybe his plans were to rise high enough to be considered a good match for Cat, kill/dispose of Ned, Marry Cat, middlefingering Hoster and Brandon's ghosts.
Then she died outside the script and now he is either on the redemption path by giving power to Sansa or the Cat 2.0 path.

This is possible too, and there is dozen of other theories as good.

There is a chance that in the end Littlefinger just wants to watch the world burn, he is so bitter about his treatment from being a poor lords son and his treatment at the great houses. He might just want them all fall to ruin as part of his revenge against the world.

There is a chance that in the end Littlefinger just wants to watch the world burn, he is so bitter about his treatment from being a poor lords son and his treatment at the great houses. He might just want them all fall to ruin as part of his revenge against the world.

Littlejoker.

I think the old tapestries he asked for were Targ ones, which is why they had been taken down and hidden. Seems like he expects a Dany incursion on the horizon. Probably doesn't yet know about Aegon since word hasn't really spread that it's him and not just Jon Connington taking back his lands with some sellswords.

Aegon might cause a problem because his title as Lord Paramount of the Trident would be in jeopardy, obviously he could show up and do fealty, but that compromises his position in the Vale as well. A non "Baratheon"-Lannister-Tyrell rule isn't good for him, especially since Aegon has promised some rather rich lands and titles to the heads of the Golden Company and loyalists.

Unless he gets Harry the Heir to declare for Aegon...which would be pretty fucking cool.

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.

Littlefinger's personal crest is the mockingbird, but his house sigil is the Titan of Braavos. Is Sansa going to kill Littlefinger?

Likewise, Sweetrobin pretended his doll was a giant smashing the Winterfell snow castle that Sansa built at the Eyrie. Is Sansa going to kill Sweetrobin?

Or, Sansa tore the doll (the giant) in half. Has she already fulfilled the prophecy?

I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow.

Littlefinger's personal crest is the mockingbird, but his house sigil is the Titan of Braavos. Is Sansa going to kill Littlefinger?

Likewise, Sweetrobin pretended his doll was a giant smashing the Winterfell snow castle that Sansa built at the Eyrie. Is Sansa going to kill Sweetrobin?

Or, Sansa tore the doll (the giant) in half. Has she already fulfilled the prophecy?

The answer to this depends on whether you're a Sansa super fan or not.

It isnt even certain he want to rules the IT or control the ruler. The only one who talked about LF's goal was Varys and he is in the top 3 of the "you cant trust them" characters.

Maybe his plans were to rise high enough to be considered a good match for Cat, kill/dispose of Ned, Marry Cat, middlefingering Hoster and Brandon's ghosts.

Then she died outside the script and now he is either on the redemption path by giving power to Sansa or the Cat 2.0 path.

This is possible too, and there is dozen of other theories as good.

Trust the man with the Lord Baelish avatar for Littlefinger perspective.

IMHO, it does not bode well for Littlefinger to reveal his plans to Sansa. He's made it this far by staying mysterious, and now that the readers get a hint of his plans they serve to surprise the readers somehow, someway. Sansa's controversial chapter.

Littlefinger is a survivor and highly adaptable. He not only knows that the Lannisters are a sinking ship, but he also was the one who destabilized it first by killing Joffrey.

He already got Harrenhal and the Vale from the Lannisters; he has milked that cow for as long as he could and now he's ready to jump ship or even make his own play at power. He certainly thinks he has the means for it in Sansa

• 3 months later...

Archived