Season Five - Uncharted Territory

iheartseverus

It would be quite interesting to open this thread and I'd sure as hell lurk a lot over there ! A lot of spec (and spitball ^^) to throw for us !

I agree with the OP. A subforum might be a good idea, though I would call it "Next Year on GoT - Uncharted Territory". So far, the show has followed the books in a very "relatable" and clearly defined manner (season 1 = book 1, season 2 = book 2, season 3+4 = book 3). Starting next season however, this approach is no longer going to work. We know for a fact that AFFC and ADWD will have to be merged and that some characters will have to go into TWOW material unless D&D invent huge amounts of filler. Predictability is out the window and 8 months are a long time to wait.

The "Next year on GoT" sub-forum could be used to bridge the gap between seasons and relieve the General sub-forum, which should remain just that - a sub-forum for general, all-season-spanning discussion of the series. It would also help cluster relevant material that is currently scattered through different sub-forums (General, Casting and season 4 eps.)

I like this idea of having a folder to talk about the uncharted territory that we are all about to embark on. If this doesn't happen it might make Hodor mad and we all saw what Hodor can do this past week.

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any decision on this? Info is already starting to come in for Season 5 (EW just posted news that GoT is scouting Spain for new locations, leading many to believe we will be seeing Dorne next season) and production/casting will be starting up as summer arrives. Of course, a new thread can be started in General for each bit of S5 info or gossip, but I think it'd be easier to post and discuss in a Season Five section, exactly like the Season Four section.

Your decision, Ran?

Archived