Fantasy Football 2014

l2 0 5 5

I always assume everyone on this forum is spread out around the country and overseas. Nice to hear from someone close by.

Happy to see a fellow yinzer for sure. :cheers: ...(thats I.C. light in those mugs.)

So I'm doing an auction in an hour, am I wrong for ranking Brees ahead of Rodgers and DeMarco Murray ahead of Foster and Doug Martin?

Happy to see a fellow yinzer for sure. :cheers: ...(thats I.C. light in those mugs.)

So I'm doing an auction in an hour, am I wrong for ranking Brees ahead of Rodgers and DeMarco Murray ahead of Foster and Doug Martin?

Haha hell yeah my friend :cheers:

Brees and Rodgers are very close. I think it's a toss up really. Can't go wrong with either, but Brees may be better due to the lack of running game they have there. I'm with you on Murray. I don't know if Martin can duplicate his rookie season, and Foster is a huge risk due to injury. Foster from a couple years ago is a different story, but they've run the hell out of him since.

Personally I'm banking on Murray. The Dallas D is bad. I expect a lot of offense in Dallas, and that includes goal line situations for Murray.

Agreed. If he stays healthy then I'm in. That's his only issue.

Personally I'm banking on Murray. The Dallas D is bad. I expect a lot of offense in Dallas, and that includes goal line situations for Murray.

A bad D is really bad for running backs typically though unless they are heavy pass catchers or on a high powered offense, something I don't see from Dallas. Playing from behind means a heavy passing game, not establishing a good running game.

A bad D is really bad for running backs typically though unless they are heavy pass catchers or on a high powered offense, something I don't see from Dallas. Playing from behind means a heavy passing game, not establishing a good running game.

I'm concerned about them establishing a run game early to control time and tempo, and then goal line stands late where even if they passed it for 99 yards, they run it in for 1 TD

Does anyone have a player going on opening night? I have Lacy in one league and Cobb in another. Wish it wasn't against Seattle but I like having someone go opening night so it can hold me over to Sunday.

Does anyone have a player going on opening night? I have Lacy in one league and Cobb in another. Wish it wasn't against Seattle but I like having someone go opening night so it can hold me over to Sunday.

I don't have anyone from GB or Seattle on any of my teams, so no. Well, I did just pick up Boykin in one as a replacement for my failed late-round flier on Josh Gordon, but he won't be in my lineup. I've only checked the matchup in my live draft league, and my opponent has the Seattle D there. So I'm obviously pulling for a big game from the Pack.

No, and I'm not playing against anyone either. I dislike Thursday games, but I make an exception for Opening Day and Thanksgiving. Seattle's D went WAY early in my league. 5th Round.

Nothing worse than someone reaching for defense early. Messes up the draft strategy!

I have Lacy, and I honestly think/hope he'll be top 3 by the end of the year.

I'm all about going with matchups for defenses. I'll add and drop almost every other week and just pick the team who's going against a bad O. Usually works.

Same here, except at the draft I'll take a team that I think will breakout. (worked great with Seattle two years ago)

Ok, PPR league drafted, here's what I got, not in order. Also, I went 10th in this draft, still think I did good considering

QB Andrew Luck, WR Demaryius Thomas, WR Antonio Brown, RB Reggie Bush, RB C.J Spiller, TE Jimmy Graham, RB Chris Johnson, K Stephen Gostkowski, Carolina Defense, Then bench WR Eric Decker, TE Kyle Rudolph, WR Sammy Watkins, QB RG3

Ok, PPR league drafted, here's what I got, not in order. Also, I went 10th in this draft, still think I did good considering

QB Andrew Luck, WR Demaryius Thomas, WR Antonio Brown, RB Reggie Bush, RB C.J Spiller, TE Jimmy Graham, RB Chris Johnson, K Stephen Gostkowski, Carolina Defense, Then bench WR Eric Decker, TE Kyle Rudolph, WR Sammy Watkins, QB RG3

Looks pretty good. I rank Graham in the middle of the first round since his value over other TEs is so huge, so I think you definitely got a steal there. I assume you followed him up with Thomas in R2 and then Brown in R3. Unless the Megatron drafter also got a ridiculous WR2, I think it's safe to say you have the strongest WR core in your league. RB is definitely weak as both Bush and Spiller will have a lot of work siphoned off by Bell and Jackson, respectively. But I wouldn't be surprised for a big bounce back season for Spiller after his health issues last year. I assume Chris Johnson is filling a flex spot. I normally prefer a WR with a good match-up for the week in my flex spot in PPR leagues. 4 bench spots is always kind of tough as it limits your flex options from week to week.

Looks pretty good. I rank Graham in the middle of the first round since his value over other TEs is so huge, so I think you definitely got a steal there. I assume you followed him up with Thomas in R2 and then Brown in R3. Unless the Megatron drafter also got a ridiculous WR2, I think it's safe to say you have the strongest WR core in your league. RB is definitely weak as both Bush and Spiller will have a lot of work siphoned off by Bell and Jackson, respectively. But I wouldn't be surprised for a big bounce back season for Spiller after his health issues last year. I assume Chris Johnson is filling a flex spot. I normally prefer a WR with a good match-up for the week in my flex spot in PPR leagues. 4 bench spots is always kind of tough as it limits your flex options from week to week.

Pretty spot on, and mostly what I think of my team also. I have the strongest WR core, Chris Johnson will play flex, unless i like Deckers matchup, then he'll play WR3 for me. My RB position is definitely weak, but the top tier guys got taken early and Murray and Ellington went a few picks before I could grab them. It's a PPR league so I'm hoping that Reggie can make at least a few catches a game to boost his points and make him worth it, ditto with Spiller. I definitely gambled with RB, but I ended up with a strong bunch of receivers (Thomas, Graham, Brown, Decker).

Also, I'm proud of Decker in the 12th round and Luck the 6th. And you were spot on with my first 3 picks. Ultimately my strategy here was to gamble on extra receptions since it's PPR. So I targeted first option WRs and my two backs who can catch. Here's hoping that it pays off lol.

I agree with Tsavong. A really nice team but RB is the only position I'd be concerned about for now. Spiller was a huge disappointment last year but that doesn't mean he won't go off this year. He doesn't get 20 carries a game so he has to do work with the 12-15 he normally gets; which is what he did two season ago when he broke out. Bush is dynamic. I just get occasionally worried about him getting hurt or fumbling, but he has huge upside. With all that said, you have 2 RB's who are great for a PPR and could be the surprise of your team.

I agree with Tsavong. A really nice team but RB is the only position I'd be concerned about for now. Spiller was a huge disappointment last year but that doesn't mean he won't go off this year. He doesn't get 20 carries a game so he has to do work with the 12-15 he normally gets; which is what he did two season ago when he broke out. Bush is dynamic. I just get occasionally worried about him getting hurt or fumbling, but he has huge upside. With all that said, you have 2 RB's who are great for a PPR and could be the surprise of your team.

Being in the 10 spot really changed up my plan. I'm by no means comfortable with my RBs as they stand, but I'm hoping the gamble pays off.

Being in the 10 spot really changed up my plan. I'm by no means comfortable with my RBs as they stand, but I'm hoping the gamble pays off.

It could certainly pay off. Your receivers and Jimmy Graham are wonderful.

Archived