Kindly Man = Jaqen h'ghar

Fai

Well, strictly speaking we don't know what role Wlaschiha will be playing next season, it's just speculated as being the KM. And I'm not sure this is a book spoiler so much as it is a case of character parsimony on the part of the show-runners (and the fact that the KM, much like CH, would never work on screen).

It's possible the show will use Jaqen as KM just as an element to show viewers the connection and explain the B&W house, FM and GoMF without as much exposition as a totally new character as KM would need.

I'm not sure Jaqen (wherever he is in the books) will have much influence to come so it's unlikely to cause a conflict with books (not that the show has worried about that anyway).

I don't know how things would have played out if the actor playing Illyne Payne didn't have cancer and replaced his interactions with Jaime with Bronn, a fan favorite. But 7 Hells, Jaime is going to Dorne next season and not the Riverlands.

The show is cutting out the only 2 Martell children who do anything in the books, cutting out Euron, Aeron, Victarion and everything else happening on the Iron Islands. Haven't even heard anything about the casting of Manderly so I'm guessing he's been cut out of the show as well. The only telling thing is that we can probably tell that HS≠HR from the show.

At this point I don't consider the show having anything to really do with the books.

I don't know how things would have played out if the actor playing Illyne Payne didn't have cancer and replaced his interactions with Jaime with Bronn, a fan favorite. But 7 Hells, Jaime is going to Dorne next season and not the Riverlands.

The show is cutting out the only 2 Martell children who do anything in the books, cutting out Euron, Aeron, Victarion and everything else happening on the Iron Islands. Haven't even heard anything about the casting of Manderly so I'm guessing he's been cut out of the show as well. The only telling thing is that we can probably tell that HS≠HR from the show.

At this point I don't consider the show having anything to really do with the books.

Wait, this is confirmed?? No kingsmoot..... No crowning Myrcella...... No dragonhorn....... What's next, is there really no Lady Stoneheart? Or, No Benerro or Morquorro, or Penny, or Belwas.

I almost hope they cut Victarion and Euron out of the show, that will help me stop watching in time not to spoil the books for me. Or at least not spoil the Iron Island plot, which is one of my favorite parts of the series.

I know the Kindly Man doesn't, but I hope Jaqen will still be saying things like "A girl kill's a member of the Night Watch?", "A man will have to remove a girl's sight for that!"

I had heard Arianne and Quentyn were being cut, but haven't heard the rest. Assuming that's true, what the hell D&D? I understand some things have to be cut down for the story to work on tv, but leaving out that many characters seems to be massive overkill. Did they even leave out FAegon and JonCon? And if that is the case, will Illyrio get the Chuck Cunningham treatment? And what of Howland Reed? I mean, I'll probably still watch the show, but if it hasn't already gotten to the point where the show and books are two separate stories, we're there now, assuming all of the cuts you mentioned are true.

To the OP: I wouldn't be surprised if Jaqen plays the role of the KM (in fact, I expect it at this point) in the show, but in the books he's at Oldtown right now.

They recast Myrcella with an older actress, and Trystane hasn't done anything of note in the books but was cast. Trystane will romance Myrcella and assume the part Arianne has of crowning her queen (best guess). The Sand Snakes really haven't done anything either besides protest about their dad being murdered but D&D cast at least 3 of them.

There is the possibility of they have only cast characters who are filming in the south/warm area and they're waiting till late fall or winter to announce the actors who will film their parts when it gets colder for the North scenes. They cast the Old Pomegranate, but no news on anybody else north of the Neck.

Archived