Legend of Korra Book 4 [Spoilers]

Sci-2

Good ep. Was interesting to see the politics at play...though I part of me hopes Kuvira isn't behind the bandits flying the plane but that is how these things go.

Interesting to see Korra wandering around, though I guess we knew that was coming from the previews.

Probably the best thing about this episode was, in a sense, the lack of Korra. Obviously she's the star but the cast has been really strong so it's good to see the others get some time to shine.

No Red Lotus is a bit annoying - was hoping that's who the pie throwers would be.

What's most interesting is that Republic City will come under attack. That is Aang's legacy as much as the Air Nation was. Will Korra risk her life for Aang's legacy again ? That's an interesting question.

Frankly, I'm not sure Korra will oppose Kuvira right away. The woman saved her dad's life. And she isn't exactly a raving lunatic... Yet.

I do wish there was more Asami though. They need to give her reason to shine.

Loved that episode, especially seeing all the familiar characters with three years added on.

I liked Prince Wu as well. He and Mako remind me of Jeeves and Wooster.

Hope we meet Zaheer again, at some point. He was a good villain, and about as hot as a pastel-coloured animated character is capable of being.

Kuvira is promising. :) Can't wait till next week!

There's already a schism.

And unless Toph has changed beyond recognition, she'll be solidly opposed to Kuvira. She hates control, strongly believes in giving people a free reign. Like Su. So I'm pretty sure she'll be opposed to Kuvira.

The question is, will she use the shambles of the Red Lotus organization to do it? Remember, Toph was introduced as someone strong in neutral jing: having the ability to patiently listen and strike at exactly the right moment. Quite excited to see if the writers work that into her arc.

Anyone else think that having Bolin on Kuvira's side, initially, is a good plot move as well as a good character-building move?

He's an incredibly powerful bender now. He can change the basis of a fight by denying the opposing side solid ground to work on, like Ghazan did.

Kuvira's army depends on Mecha and trains, both of which will last moments against lava. Ghazan also showed he could successfully deal with metal.

So keeping Bolin on Kuvira's side for a while makes it possible for them to gain more successes than they would of Bolin was opposing them from the beginning.

How does Kuvira military force operate? It looks to be "serving" Wu, but Kuvira have states give fealty to her not Wu, you think she is using him as a banner so she has the rest of the world's backing?

Anyone else think that having Bolin on Kuvira's side, initially, is a good plot move as well as a good character-building move?

He's an incredibly powerful bender now. He can change the basis of a fight by denying the opposing side solid ground to work on, like Ghazan did.

Kuvira's army depends on Mecha and trains, both of which will last moments against lava. Ghazan also showed he could successfully deal with metal.

So keeping Bolin on Kuvira's side for a while makes it possible for them to gain more successes than they would of Bolin was opposing them from the beginning.

I think it is to show Bolin actually cares of his father's land, and would do anything to save it.

He is a boss and likely why he is so high in her service.

I think Bolin may remain with her until Toph and Korra shows, because who better to fight for? Chaos? Wu?

How does Kuvira military force operate? It looks to be "serving" Wu, but Kuvira have states give fealty to her not Wu, you think she is using him as a banner so she has the rest of the world's backing?

Maybe using him as a cover. Being a wishy-washy ruler gives your main general the authority to do pretty much everything he or she wantw (which is another thing Wu has in common with the Earth King). Wu doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on in the Earth Kingdom and it's telling that Kuvira's gang are pretty much only using metalbending, metal robots and wearing the uniforms of the Metal clan. That screams 'revolution' to me.

I think it is to show Bolin actually cares of his father's land, and would do anything to save it.

He is a boss and likely why he is so high in her service.

I think Bolin may remain with her until Toph and Korra shows, because who better to fight for? Chaos? Wu?

I was thinking this too - even if Kuvira is responsible for the airplane bandits, was her projection of the unguarded state's future wrong?

The governor didn't even make clear why he was against Kuvira ruling - b/c she's not the right bloodline? B/c he wants to stay independent, even if everything falls apart around him?

I found it telling that the governor really couldn't give a good reason for not defecting to Kuvira's regime. Foul play by Kuvira aside, the village was being played by bandits relentlessly and I really doubt ALL of them came from Kuvira, the governor had no real way to protect his people and to feed them. To me it seems the only reason he did not give up sooner was pride.

Maybe using him as a cover. Being a wishy-washy ruler gives your main general the authority to do pretty much everything he or she wantw (which is another thing Wu has in common with the Earth King). Wu doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on in the Earth Kingdom and it's telling that Kuvira's gang are pretty much only using metalbending, metal robots and wearing the uniforms of the Metal clan. That screams 'revolution' to me.

I am really hoping we get atleast one serious rebel state coming,

Archived