What kind of music would the characters of ASoIaF listen to in our world?

James Steller

Assume they have access to all the genres of music/artists that we do now. What music genre/artist best fits their personalities?

Here's my run at a few of the characters:

Ned Stark= Celtic/Folk, especially the sad, slower songs talking about hardship and oppression. Throw in some blues music in there too while we're at it.

Sansa (AGOT era)= Pop, especially by good looking boy bands that sing of innocent romance and true love.

Tywin= Classical music

Jon Snow= Blind Guardian, because of how seriously they take themselves and how epic they make simple fairy tales sound through the gift of power metal.

Theon (pre-Reek)= Emo rock.

Stannis= Nothing, he would have no time for music

Jon Snow: Nirvana, Korn, Alice in Chains - moody rock music for outsiders or people who feel like they are.

Sansa: Mainstream pop - One Direction, Taylor Swift, anything that has a positive view of everything.

Arya: Slipknot, Marylin Manson, HIM, probably to shock others.

Theon Greyjoy: My Chemical Romance, 30 Seconds to Mars. Sullen emo boy.

Tyrion: Tom Waits, Nick Cave, basically anybody who writes somber music with witty, intelligent lyrics.

Joffrey: Techno, House.

Tywin: Wagner.

Davos: Growing up in the roughest parts of KL, he might like gangster rap - Tupac, Notorious B.I.G., Ice Cube. Or Sea Shanties.

Gregor Clegane: Rammstein.

Daenerys: Dragonforce (scnr), Nightwish, Blind Guardian

Sansa would be a fan of Beiber until Joffrey knights him and invites him over to the RK to vandalize the High Septon, ride horses while intoxicated and be participate of Sansa being stripped and beaten.

Exactly. That's when she switches to Taylor Swift.

I have a new offering...

The Others - Let It Snow

Summer Islanders, Reggie and Jimmy Buffett

Robert, classic rock, Led Zepplin especially

Stannis (when we first meet him) Alanis Morissette, later, Christian Rock

Renly, the classic boy bands

Sansa, the current boy bands and other current terrible pop

Jon, emo and heavy metal

The Hound, nothing, because lots of cunts listen to music

Ygritte, indie rock

Could be. But I can see Rhaegar and Lyanna singing THIS Let it Snow. And of course, Jon was born a boy and ruined it. (imagine the ladies are... Arthur, Hightower and Whent, why not...)

Ok. How about the Great Other and Jon singing the reprise to "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen?

Other: I'm such a fool, I can't be free! No escape from the storm insi-ide of me! I can't control the curse! Ooooh, Jon Snow, please, you'll only make it worse!

Archived