Would you name any of your children after a ASoIaF character?

golden_eyes

I agree with just liking the names but the names I like tend to belong to characters I like, including Dany and Rheagar. GRRM has extensive use of names I've never seen before, and I wonder if they'd ever catch on as children's names in the real world per say.

I agree with just liking the names but the names I like tend to belong to characters I like, including Dany and Rheagar. GRRM has extensive use of names I've never seen before, and I wonder if they'd ever catch on as children's names in the real world per say.

I would never name them after a main character.

Probably a historical one.

Most of the names are simply creative spellings of fairly common names or else a slight variation of a common name. A parent could name their kid after one of the 90% of the common named character and no one would really know. Yeah, when I finalize the name for my kid, I might just go ahead and say to myself that I named baby after a character in ASOIAF. Because why not?

No. I want my kids to like me and to be successful in life.

XD

I wish my parents had been more like that. I ended up with a "creative" name that has plagued me my whole life. My kids have very traditional names with traditional spellings for that very reason.

XD

I wish my parents had been more like that. I ended up with a "creative" name that has plagued me my whole life. My kids have very traditional names with traditional spellings for that very reason.

I think Sj4iy is a great name for a kid.

My kids are named after literary or mythology characters, but not modern ones. Non-top 500 names, so apparently they'll hate me later on.

I would have probably considered some of the names, but my husband had to also like it and there were few that we could agree on. He likes Lyanna, but it's too close to the name of a relative of mine. I liked Sansa, but he doesn't like it because it's not an actual name outside of ASOIAF.

Archived