Game of Thrones Episodic Game Released

Westeros

I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed, but I have a big problem with this game. Our choices don't matter. I played it several times and, no matter what choices I made, the outcome is always EXACTLY the same.

If you choose to save the other squire or not to save him, or whether you tell the truth about the other squire or not, Gregor Forrester dies anyway. If choose to spare the Whitehill soldier, you still kill one of them and Gared gets sent to the wall anyway. Whether you choose to ask or not to ask Margaery for support, she doesn't help House Forrester. If you defy Cersei or play her game, she still doesn't like Mira. And the biggest one, if you choose to follow Ramsay's orders OR not, Ethan still gets stabbed and dies.

I haven't yet tried different choices in episode 2, except

the meeting with Ludd Whitehill, after Rodrick speaks to Elaena Glenmore and, no matter what you choose (kiss the ring or not) he still takes the ironwood.

The game is fine but, if in the end our choices don't make any difference, why not make the whole thing an animated show?

The choices do make a difference... sometimes, and generally only eventually. There may not be immediate gratification for choices you make, but instead the preponderance of them will lead to diverging paths toward the end.

It's worth noting that there's one clear change in this episode depending on how you approach things:

You can end the episode with Rodrik betrothed to Elaena, or not betrothed.

The choices do make a difference... sometimes, and generally only eventually. There may not be immediate gratification for choices you make, but instead the preponderance of them will lead to diverging paths toward the end.

It's worth noting that there's one clear change in this episode depending on how you approach things:

You can end the episode with Rodrik betrothed to Elaena, or not betrothed.

I got both versions with Rodrick. And I certainly hope you're right about the choices making a difference towards the end.

Unfortunately in Telltale games, choices can't really affect the way the general story goes since the resources aren't really there for that. It generally only affects dialogue, or say that you save someone, they'll usually either leave or die in the next episode or two. There is a bit more leniency in the last or second-last episode.

About the coal boy: You just run away and that's it. If it is any consolation, I thought that I had gotten him killed for sure, but since he showed up in the trailer for episode 3, maybe not.

Maybe coal boy kills him somehow. Really wondering how that will turn out.

The funeral song was problematic for me. On one hand, it was a really emotional scene and the melody itself was nice, but on the other I just couldn't get over the fact that she was basically standing in front of Bolton banner men singing about how bad Ramsay Bolton is :bang: If I don't get this family castamered, Thalia certainly will.

They aren't in the grove, though- they are stationed in the courtyard. Private family ceremony. They also are bitter enemies, so it's not as if they would expect the Forresters to be happy about Ramsay killing their Lord.

I didn't even know that that was an option until I came to this thread and saw people talking about it. I guess I must have misread something in there in the heat of the moment.

Yeah, offering the Ironwood is one way to gain the betrothal. The other way is through forging the letter- you have to tell her she is free to choose.

I was just watching some of my favorite Youtubers play through the first episode and they talked about how Tyrion's plans get messed up later on and it got me thinking how interesting it would be if, instead of being questioned after the wedding, we were a witness at Tyrion's trial.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just watching some of my favorite Youtubers play through the first episode and they talked about how Tyrion's plans get messed up later on and it got me thinking how interesting it would be if, instead of being questioned after the wedding, we were a witness at Tyrion's trial.

i like that idea. im going to do another play through and not be so chummy with him. right after the latest meeting with him i immediately said 'd'oh! you know what happens to him, and no way cerseis done scaring you'

Season 5 premiere and Episode 3 of the game. Awesome! You think Episode 3 will release week of April 12th?

No idea.

I'd say it will be on the first week of the month, just like Epi. 2. Maybe Friday or Saturday...? It'd help in the promotion for the season, I suppose.

I make no guesses as to Telltale's release schedule. Seriously. Look at TWAU's release schedule...it's completely erratic and unpredictable. That's Telltale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Among_Us

Damn. Well they said they want to release every 5 to 8 weeks and there was 8 weeks between Episodes 1 and 2. Episode 2 released February 3rd, so 8 weeks would out it at March 31st or April 7th. Right before Season 5. Would be perfect.

I make no guesses as to Telltale's release schedule. Seriously. Look at TWAU's release schedule...it's completely erratic and unpredictable. That's Telltale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wolf_Among_Us

The Wolf Among Us was a special case. And even by the end, they were back on schedule. Telltale is definitely getting better at releasing on time, its just their communication with us that needs a lot of work.

Archived