Best described meal in ASoIAF

Storm's Arrival

It's overly rich, IMHO. I'm not into elaborate banquets, either. I think that Tyrion's dinner with Janos Slynt sounds pretty good.

Oh, I'd quite agree! I certainly wouldn't want the Illyrio meal for everyday fare. Was the meal with Slynt one of the ones that featured greens with nuts? That always sounds good to me, but then it's something I make myself. But, barring the buttery mushrooms, Illyrio's food is stuff I would never cook for myself, which might be why it intrigues.

The one where Balon Swann goes to Sunspear.

Seven courses were served, in honor of the seven gods and the seven brothers of the

Kingsguard. The soup was made with eggs and lemons, the long green peppers stuffed with cheese and

onions. There were lamprey pies, capons glazed with honey, a whiskerfish from the bottom of the

Greenblood that was so big it took four serving men to carry it to table. After that came a savory snake

stew, chunks of seven different sorts of snake slow-simmered with dragon peppers and blood oranges

and a dash of venom to give it a good bite. The stew was fiery hot, Hotah knew, though he tasted none

of it. Sherbet followed, to cool the tongue. For the sweet, each guest was served a skull of spun sugar.

When the crust was broken, they found sweet custard inside and bits of plum and cherry.

Archived