House Forrester

Lord Davos Baratheon

Just something I wanted to know about House Forrester. In the books they are barely mentioned, but they play a massive role in the Game of Thrones video game (Telltale). So here's my question: everything that happened to them in the game was non-canonical? Do those characters even exist at all in the books' universe?

House Forrester provides a few scouts for Stannis in ADWD, but otherwise that's it for their canon appearances in the books. GRRM has talked about including them a bit more due to their game appearance, but they won't become major characters by any means. Probably just a few more mentions and nods to the game.

But, being that there are no recorded members of the house in canon yet, yes, the game is currently considered noncanon

The house itself definitely exists, as it was mentioned, albeit very briefly. As for the events of the game being canon, I think they are to the TV show, but I'm not sure about the books.

That's what I thought. The game and the TV show probably share the same universe, so they're not canonical.

House Forrester provides a few scouts for Stannis in ADWD, but otherwise that's it for their canon appearances in the books. GRRM has talked about including them a bit more due to their game appearance, but they won't become major characters by any means. Probably just a few more mentions and nods to the game.

But, being that there are no recorded members of the house in canon yet, yes, the game is currently considered noncanon

I really hope that some characters from the game show up in the books. Although they are only a small house, I felt sympathy for the Forresters.

That's what I thought. The game and the TV show probably share the same universe, so they're not canonical.

I really hope that some characters from the game show up in the books. Although they are only a small house, I felt sympathy for the Forresters.

Knowing GRRM, he'll probably have Ramsay slaughter them for no reason :lol:

I think the whole point of inventing a house for that game was to avoid a continuity conflict by centering it around a known house.

It was not a complete invention since the name had been mentioned as a minor house before. I don't know how much the writer of the game came up with and how much came from notes of Martin. Knowing him, he probably has a tons of information on minor houses that never made it into the book but at the same time the game's writers had tons of room to write in their own ideas.

I think the whole point of inventing a house for that game was to avoid a continuity conflict by centering it around a known house.

Yep.

I hpoe the older brother has a faster voyage from Essos than Dany does.

So do I. Hopefully it won't take five or more Game of Thrones game seasons to make him arrive in Westeros.

It was not a complete invention since the name had been mentioned as a minor house before. I don't know how much the writer of the game came up with and how much came from notes of Martin. Knowing him, he probably has a tons of information on minor houses that never made it into the book but at the same time the game's writers had tons of room to write in their own ideas.

I think that House Forrester seemed like a logical pick for Telltale. There was almost no information on them whatsoever.

Now that you mention it, does anybody have an exact date for the second episode? I'm too lazy too google it :P .

Too lazy as well to double check, but I believe it's Feb 3 for PC/PS/Phones, and Feb 4 for Xbox.

I liked the first one. The main thing I want to see is the family member from Essos. I'm 80% sure I read that he will be in the second episode.

I actually read a game review on Friday which stated it was canon to the books. I gave it my ridiculing "not sure if serious" squint. It seemed very strange considering some big names appear to cross paths with the Forresters.

I'm not sure that review was correct. I know for a fact that I read the game was canon to the show, and not the books.

The characters in the game are even spitting images of the show actors.

I'm not sure that review was correct. I know for a fact that I read the game was canon to the show, and not the books.

The characters in the game are even spitting images of the show actors.

That's one of the draws. You get the Lannister brood, Margaery and a few others IIRC. But yeah I was taken aback by reading that review because it didn't sound accurate.

Archived