Christmas help: A question about International shipping

MisterOJ

So, I want to order my youngest daughter a hoodie that I found on Ebay for Christmas. But, unfortunately, it is in South Korea. Ebay lists the expected arrival date as "Dec. 18 thru Jan. 14." I assume it is such a wide variance because of the international shipping? The seller has a sterling reputation on the site and claims that the item will be shipped within a day of receiving payment. Assuming that is true, do I stand a reasonable chance of receiving the shirt before Christmas? Or are the vagaries of international shipping too hard to determine?

Also worth noting, maybe, the only shipping option I am given is "standard international shipping." It doesn't give me any expedited options.

The window is based on customs processing. And it's Christmas, so who knows how long that could take. Also, depends on the service being used to get out of Korea and into the US. I've never had anything shipped from Asia.

When I was shipping to Europe, using USPS flat rate services, it generally took 7-10 days for the parcel to be delivered. Australia was closer to 2 weeks. 

Ok, rather than start a new thread I thought I would stick this here.

I'm looking for a present for my brother, who has just bought some land with a hill in a wine region. His plan is to build a "dream home" there, but sometime in the future after he's paid a chunk of it off. So I'm trying to find TV shows/documentaries I could buy which show innovative or amazing homes to build. Something like the UK's Grand Designs (which unfortunately he knows and watches!). 

Does anyone know of something along these lines?

Heh, MisterOJ, perhaps you could change the thread to just "Christmas ideas & help"? I can't help thinking there will be a few who want to post on the subject over the next 2 weeks!

Archived