Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

Hello All! I am new to reading ASOIAF as well as collecting the series (not new to the rather expensive hobby of book collecting). I, like some others, was able to acquire A Feast for Crows and rights to newer books. So if anyone knows where the Sub Press A Storm of Swords #172 is and would like to sell, please let me know. I'd take any other copy available as well. I can just see this big hole in the set on my bookshelf once the series comes to an end. Thanks.

I had no idea that these books were so valuable. Lurked here years ago and recently met the gang at Worldcon and decided to register on the boards. Hi Brotherhood, and thank you for the wonderful party.

Hi, I thought in the interview, he mentioned G,R,and M but you might be right about the RR part, it would make more sense.

Dennis

I can confirm this since I have the four letter "R' editions and just ordered the matching book 5. I'd be happy to post images of the remarqued pages if there is an appropriate location for such things. It would be neat to compare sketches.

The penciled in sketches are:

GoT. Profile of young woman

CoK. Dagger of sorts

SoS. Pair of crows (perched on the sword printed on the page)

FfC. a (similar to the inner cover artwork) branch

Although the MM editions are indeed nicer, the remarques on the SP versions are really well incorporated into the existing framework/artwork and I actually had to look twice to determine what is printed and what is penciled in.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Meisha Merlin (#173) edition of A GAME OF THRONES which has become more valuable than I feel it's worth. So I guess I'm willing to sell it if I can find a first hardcover mass market edition (like the rest of my ASoIaF books), either US or UK with which to replace it. I'll entertain offers on the MM, and want to know if anyone has a first edition hc for sale and the asking price. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Meisha Merlin (#173) edition of A GAME OF THRONES which has become more valuable than I feel it's worth. So I guess I'm willing to sell it if I can find a first hardcover mass market edition (like the rest of my ASoIaF books), either US or UK with which to replace it. I'll entertain offers on the MM, and want to know if anyone has a first edition hc for sale and the asking price. Thanks.

Hi, are you still around? I can't seem to get PM access.

I'm still around, but can't get PM access either. I'm mulling the offer, but would like to find a replacement (first HC edition) before I sell my Meisha Merlin. I was also hoping for a bit more $$ from the sale. You can e-mail me at bucconeer at pipeline.com if you want to discuss this further.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else manage to jump on an unclaimed A Dance with Dragons limited? I struck out on the lettered lottery, but managed to score the limited version. Sure it'll be a broken set, but I'm definitely looking forward to first crack at the AGOT and COK reissues.

Yeah, I snapped one up five minutes after they went on sale. Now the hard part comes in completing the set, lol:(

Yeah, really. Completing a matching number set will be an epic challenge. I think I'd be happy just finding any number of ASOS & AFFC and skipping the Meisha Merlin books.

Archived