Poll 2: Kevan Lannister

Smoldering Hound

I know there are a ton of British actors that could do it, but I have pictured David Morse as Kevan Lannister since my first read through.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001556/

I don't even know why he popped in my head but I think he'd be a great choice if he could get the accent down perfect.

Brannagh's a decent-ish choice, I mean, he could do it, no question there. My only concern is, again, too big a name, perhaps. But if his ego is not quite as enormous as it has every right to be, I'd cast him in a heartbeat.

If Patrick Stewart is Tywin, I'd almost see Bob Hoskins as Kevan. Of course, between the two of them we end up reducing the height of the Lannisters quite a bit, but in my mind's eye, they could be brothers.

ETA: A good counterpart to Dance's Tywin, however, might be Philip Jackson, aka Chief Inspector Japp, as Kevan. I don't know if Jackson does as good a plummy-sounding gent as he does a Cockney inspector, but once again, I think they could easily pass for brothers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brannagh's a decent-ish choice, I mean, he could do it, no question there. My only concern is, again, too big a name, perhaps. But if his ego is not quite as enormous as it has every right to be, I'd cast him in a heartbeat.

One actor who is worth mentioning as a cheaper alternative to Kenneth Branagh would be Swedish actor Krister Herrikson whose performance as Kurt Wallander in the original Swedish langauge versions has been positively compared Branagh's recent protrayal of the same character.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krister_Henriksson

Now first thing he definitely speaks fluent english. The other thing worth mentioning is as that we already have a Danish actor cast as Jaime (Nickolai Coster-Waldau) and Swedish and Danish are very linguistically similiar. Herrikson would probably end up sounding very similiar to Coster-Waldau (making the same very minor mistakes over the same words for example) in whatever accent they choose all Lannisters to speak with.

Archived