Daylight Saving Time Still Sucks 2015

Ser Scot A Ellison

Ser Scot,

You could always move to the enlightened country of China. If you want one, a job as an English teacher should be fairly easy to find. Also, if you're anti-time zone, the CCP has abolished those damned bloody bastards as well.

This is true, and not at all annoying when you're the equivalent of four hours west of the official time zone and the sun rises shortly before noon, and the locals all use an unofficial local time zone but no-one will tell you if this also applies to the bus timetable...

Odds on as to whether that was more or less of a nuisance than travelling across the States during March and having to keep track of time-zone crossings in parallel with the clocks going forward at different weekends both there and at home, or not at all, for purposes of phoning my mum at not-inconvenient times... Arizona, you weren't much help at all!

Lyanna,

This is fine for you living further south. For us northerners, daylight is a precious commodity this time of year. :)

You should try living in Scandinavia for a year when the sun sets at 3 pm. :P And no, it's rarely sunlight before teatime. :P (Although compared to Galactus, I am a spoiled southerner, now he is the real stuff!)

Again, why should those of us living at lower latitudes be forced to move our clocks given we don't suffer under high latitude difficulties?

;)

This is fine for you living further south. For us northerners, daylight is a precious commodity this time of year. :)

You should try living in Scandinavia for a year when the sun sets at 3 pm. :P And no, it's rarely sunlight before teatime. :P (Although compared to Galactus, I am a spoiled southerner, now he is the real stuff!)

Right now it's about equal for most of the country in fact (05:56-17:27) since we're pretty close to the Spring Equinox.

One thing to note: Due to the way the sun rises and sets, we up north get a lot longer periods of dawna nd dusk than southerners do.

Lyanna,

Again, why should those of us living at lower latitudes be forced to move our clocks given we don't suffer under high latitude difficulties?

;)

Not commenting on that, just that you whinge to much about something we deal with times 10 on a yearly basis. :P

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

The pope granted Greenland and "all the islands in the west" to Norway, so yes your ass belong to us.

Sorry Scot, nothing can save you from the Lutefisk now.

:lol:

I love how a thread about daylight saving time basically ends up with Scot being attacked by creatures of the depths.

Well Scot what can I say, Cthulhu fhtagn.

As far as thread ending goes, I'd rather have Scot attacked by the Elder Gods than to have this thread turned into an FLSS thread.

TP,

Gee thanks. Being mind raped by a sqwid headed Elder God just doesn't seem like much fun to me. I'll pass, thanks.

Oh don't be such a big baby. Cognitive overload resulting from staring into the Elder Gods never really hurts anyone. Don't believe everything that hack called Lovecraft wrote. It's all fictitious.

Guest Raids

In case it wasn't already obvious, I am 100% behind the statement in the thread title.

I was already losing an hour traveling. Bastards. And then my flight was delayed by three hours. And then, on top of that, fucking daylight savings time.

In case it wasn't already obvious, I am 100% behind the statement in the thread title.

I was already losing an hour traveling. Bastards. And then my flight was delayed by three hours. And then, on top of that, fucking daylight savings time.

Well, it could be worse. You could be mind raped by the Eldritch and attacked by a host of Shoggoths.

Archived