Stanaerys Taratheon: Cracking the Pot

Techelles

Politically it's the perfect move. Combining Stannis' fandom with Dany's fandom would be unstoppable. We would conquer the forum within the hour.

Not really. You'll just force the rest of us to go guerilla Dornish style on you. :ninja:

Why all the love for Stannis?

That's like asking them why they like Diet Coke - it's delicious and calories free, but they don't know that it's secretly bad for them, because of the deadly aspartame-caffeine combination in it. :)

Fun fact: Stannis is the first in the line of succession, as it is derived from Robert - the Targaryens were simply cancelled out by the new oaths of allegiance.

Fun fact: Robert used his Targaryen ancestry to claim the throne. Your argument is invalid. :)

Fun fact : There are actually two separate lines of succession. And a marriage between Stannis and Dany would join them again.

So stop bitching like children and let's start making babies to reunite the fandoms. It's a thread of love, not hate.

Fun fact: Robert used his Targaryen ancestry to claim the throne. Your argument is invalid. :)

First, Robert didn't use ancestry to claim the throne, he used force of arms. Jon and Ned were obviously unwilling to take the throne so they gave it to Robert with a cheap excuse. And my argument is very much valid, since if the realm accepted Robert as king, they have accepted his heirs as the successors in the future. And Stannis, not Daenerys, is Robert's heir.

First, Robert didn't use ancestry to claim the throne, he used force of arms. Jon and Ned were obviously unwilling to take the throne so they gave it to Robert with a cheap excuse. And my argument is very much valid, since if the realm accepted Robert as king, they have accepted his heirs as the successors in the future. And Stannis, not Daenerys, is Robert's heir.

He used force of arms to rebel against the throne and slay the Crown Prince. He used his Targaryen ancestry to lay claim to the throne. He could've easily said no, and saddled Jon Arryn with it (seeing that Jon was the man who rose the Kingdoms).

Yes, Stannis is the lawful heir of Robert. But Robert, for al intents and purposes, is a Usurper, and to some extent, a kinslayer.

The better argument you have is that according to the Targaryen laws of succession (post Dance of the Dragons), after Viserys' and Robert's deaths, Stannis is the rightful heir to the Targaryen dynasty. However, IMO, he forfeited that position through his part in the Rebellion.

The better argument you have is that according to the Targaryen laws of succession (post Dance of the Dragons), after Viserys' and Robert's deaths, Stannis is the rightful heir to the Targaryen dynasty.

No, that argument is flawed.

Stannis has a Targaryen claim through his grandmother, so it's a female claim as well. And therefore, if you consider the Targaryen laws of succession, Dany comes before Stannis.

No, that argument is flawed.

Stannis has a Targaryen claim through his grandmother, so it's a female claim as well. And therefore, if you consider the Targaryen laws of succession, Dany comes before Stannis.

Well, I haven't really delved into that matter in detail, so I'll take your word for it. Still, doesn't it go something like "all available males", without regard of the qualifying ancestor?

Well, I haven't really delved into that matter in detail, so I'll take your word for it. Still, doesn't it go something like "all available males", without regard of the qualifying ancestor?

Here ssm

I told George that when he changed Viserys I from a son to a brother he created an error in that Baelor's sisters did not inherit the throne after him, George replied that women came after all men in the Targaryen succession after TDWD. Something interesting and neatly explains Daena and the rest not becoming queen.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Comic_Con_San_Diego_CA_July_20_232/

There's also the fact Prince Daeron's daughter was passed over and there has never been a ruling Targaryen queen.

Here ssm

http://www.westeros....CA_July_20_232/

There's also the fact Prince Daeron's daughter was passed over and there has never been a ruling Targaryen queen.

It was more of a question whether their sons (and grandsons) can inherit, not the females themselves.

It was more of a question whether their sons (and grandsons) can inherit, not the females themselves.

Its pretty clear cut, he said women come after all men.

Also from the wiki: Since the Dance, House Targaryen has practiced a highly modified version of agnatic primogeniture, placing female claimants in the line of succession behind all possible male ones, even collateral relations.

Archived