Moments of Foreshadowing 3

Ser Wun Wun

OK, last one for today: I think there is foreshadowing that Dany will defeat Euron.

AFFC; Damphair - The Crow's Eye will fight, that is certain. No woman could defeat him, not even Asha.

Damphair seems like the kind of character whose broad sweeping statements we should ignore, or just assume the opposite of whatever he says is true. So a woman will defeat Euron in the end.

ASOS; Dany - "In the Seven Kingdoms there are tales of Dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

Dany laughed. "That would be a wondrous sight to see."

Indeed. And add to that the fact that it was the Targs that put and end to the Iron Born's old ways of reaving and pillaging the realm 300 years ago with Aegon roasting Harren the Black in his castle. Would be fitting if Dany put an end to Euron and the Iron Born this go round I think.

OK, last one for today: I think there is foreshadowing that Dany will defeat Euron.

AFFC; Damphair - The Crow's Eye will fight, that is certain. No woman could defeat him, not even Asha.

Damphair seems like the kind of character whose broad sweeping statements we should ignore, or just assume the opposite of whatever he says is true. So a woman will defeat Euron in the end.

ASOS; Dany - "In the Seven Kingdoms there are tales of Dragons who grew so huge that they could pluck giant krakens from the seas."

Dany laughed. "That would be a wondrous sight to see."

Indeed. And add to that the fact that it was the Targs that put and end to the Iron Born's old ways of reaving and pillaging the realm 300 years ago with Aegon roasting Harren the Black in his castle. Would be fitting if Dany put an end to Euron and the Iron Born this go round I think.

I think Victarion may be the giant kraken plucked from the sea when he tries to use the dragon horn.

They departed Pentos by the Sunrise Gate, though Tyrion Lannister never glimpsed the sunrise.

If a new Long Night does fall, this could hint at Tyrion dying before it ends.

Mance leaves the Watch, and becomes a King, because of a black cloak patched with red silk from Asshai. I've seen speculation that this indicates Jon will leave the Watch and "become" a Targaryen, but I don't think that's what this is actually foreshadowing at all. I've also seen people speculate that it hints that Melisandre will resurrect Jon a la Thoros, but I think Mance's actual story points us in a different direction. While on a ranging, he and several others were skinning an elk, and the smell of the blood attracted a shadowcat, which then attacked Mance. His fellow Watchmen were too far from the Wall to seek help from the Shadow Tower, so instead they took him to see an old wildling woman who turned out to be dead (instead, her daughter helped him):

And she sewed up the rents in my cloak as well, with some scarlet silk from Asshai that her grandmother had pulled from the wreck of a cog washed up on the Frozen Shore. It was the greatest treasure she had, and her gift to me." He swept the cloak back over his shoulders. "But at the Shadow Tower, I was given a new wool cloak from stores, black and black, and trimmed with black, to go with my black breeches and black boots, my black doublet and black mail. The new cloak had no frays nor rips nor tears ... and most of all, no red. The men of the Night's Watch dressed in black, Ser Denys Mallister reminded me sternly, as if I had forgotten. My old cloak was fit for burning now, he said.

"I left the next morning ... for a place where a kiss was not a crime, and a man could wear any cloak he chose."

First, Mance is attacked by a shadowcat, and needs wildling help because the Shadow Tower cannot help him---this could foreshadow Jon getting injured because of shadow-associated Melisandre (either intentionally, due to her having something to do with the Ides of Marsh, or unintentionally, due to Jon's attack deriving in some way from her incompetent meddling at the Wall), but not actually being capable of being healed by her. (Moreover, the fact that the old woman who actually obtained the red silk was dead, and therefore could not help Mance, would seem to point away from Mel, who many have speculated is far older than she looks and might actually be dead, being the one capable of healing Jon.)

Mallister told Mance that the red-and-black cloak was "fit for burning now"---but Mance ends up a King because he rejects that. He refuses to allow his patched cloak to be burned, and becomes a King because he rejects associating the red-and-black cloak with fire. I don't think that's foreshadowing Jon "embracing" anything fire-associated to attain kingship---I think it's pointing toward the opposite. Moreover, it's hinted (from her "Melony" memory) that Melisandre (unlike the wildling's red silk) likely doesn't actually originate from Asshai at all ("Melisandre of Asshai" being an entirely false identity, as her true name isn't Melisandre and her true origin isn't Asshai), and very importantly, though Mel dresses in red silk, Mance's cloak is not made of red silk---it's specifically patched with red silk. Red silk pulled from a shipwreck. Is there someone we know at the Wall associated with patches, perhaps? Someone also pulled from a shipwreck? :)

Perhaps Patchface kills Melisandre to resurrect Jon ("patches" him with red silk---uses red-silk-clad Melisandre's own greatest treasure, her life, to heal/resurrect Jon)? Mance wanted to go to a place where a kiss was not a crime, but Mel has never been shown to be capable of Thoros of Myr's "kiss of life"---but she has seen visions of Patchface with blood on his lips. Will we see Patchface accomplish what Melisandre cannot? It would certainly be appropriate, plot-wise, for Melisandre to be sacrificed as someone else's magical tool, and for Patchface (who seems to understand his visions of the future far more than Mel understands hers) to accomplish a magical feat that Melisandre cannot.

Or perhaps it's relevant that it's specifically a wildling woman that patched Mance's Watch-issued black cloak, not anyone associated with the Shadow (Tower). Morna White Mask has shown up several times, and we don't know her exact magical skills (and Morna wears a weirwood mask---Mel interpreted weirwood-faced Bloodraven as her enemy, so perhaps a Morna/Mel conflict is in the works?) Moreover, the red silk is used as a tool, but the nature of that tool means the red silk cannot actually be incorporated into the Watch itself. Mel appears to have been doing more harm than good at the Wall, and we have multiple examples of the Wall "melting" around her. The "red silk from Asshai" being intrinsically in conflict with the all-black requirement of the Watch could be hinting toward red-silk-associated Melisandre being intrinsically opposed to the requirements and purpose of the Watch, perhaps hinting at her inadvertently destroying either the Wall or (in some way) diminishing the strength of the Watch through her meddling.

My money's on Pyke. It is the keep of the liege lords of the Iron Isles, and Victarion mentions that the Targs eventually ended Dagon Greyjoy's reaving, so BR finally had the crown intervene.

BR probably threatened the Greyjoys that if they ever got into their shenanigans again, he would give them the same treatment he gave Lord Butterwell, have their castle torn down. He probably intends to fulfill that promise after he hears of what they're doing now.

To add to this, look at who's in charge of the Second Sons' armory:

The smith, this fabled Hammer, proved to be a freakish-looking hulk with a left arm that appeared twice as thick as his right. “He’s drunk more than not,” Kem said. “Brown Ben lets it go, but one day we’ll get us a real armorer.” Hammer’s apprentice was a wiry red-haired youth called Nail. Of course. What else? mused Tyrion. Hammer was sleeping off a drunk when they reached the forge, just as Kem had prophesied, but Nail had no objection to the two dwarfs clambering through the wagons.

Sleeping guy associated with a Hammer, who has a red-haired apprentice, who are both introduced to the readers in conjunction with some very small people? I wonder who and what that could be hinting at? :)

And Hammer has a left arm that's larger than his right arm (presumably because the left arm is the arm wielding the hammer). The Iron Islands are located on the left (western) side of Westeros. Victarion Greyjoy, of Pyke, ends up with a left arm that's larger than his right arm due to Moqorro's magical intervention, and the "towers by the sea" vision, of course, comes via Moqorro's religious colleague, Melisandre, which could hint at a connection between the greenseer(s)' use of the Hammer and the intervention of the Red Priests (perhaps the latter inadvertently precipitates the former?).

And before the Kingsmoot, the Damphair thinks that the Ironborn must have Victarion (not Euron) as their king, "or the storm will slay us all". Victarion didn't become King, so perhaps "the storm" (and notice how Aeron explicitly associates ravens with the Storm God) will "slay" all of the Ironborn.

As a side note: it finally occurred to me what the literary implications are of Tyrion repeatedly calling Illyrio cheese-related nicknames (cheesemonger, the lord of cheese, etc.). The host/facilitator of the second Blackfyre Rebellion was, of course, Lord Butterwell. House Butterwell was associated with milk and, presumably, milk-related products, like butter. Or cheese. Tyrion is inadvertently connecting Illyrio with Lord Butterwell, and by extension, House Blackfyre's attempt(s) to take over the Iron Throne.

So how would the Nymeria legend invert with Dany?

- The first Nymeria brought her people to Westeros to run from dragons; Dany wants to bring her people to Westeros with dragons.

-Nymeria settled her people in Dorne, the Southernmost portion of Westeros; If history inverts, then Dany would take her people to the North.

I think we've already seen Dany begin the process of inverting the example of Nymeria. Nymeria arrived in Dorne, made a marriage alliance with House Martell, and secured a new home there for her people and a continued position of power for herself. Dany has rejected a marriage alliance with House Martell, and seems to have inadvertently set up a situation whereby House Martell will oppose her, not embrace her. (Not to mention, it seems likely that Aegon, who spent quite a bit of time on the Rhoyne, ancient home of Nymeria (and who actually saw Ny Sar, Nymeria's palace), will gain the Martell alliance instead of Dany---so there's another bit of inversion operating there, as instead of a Queen who's spent time on the Rhoyne marrying a male Martell, we could instead have a King who's spent time of the Rhoyne allying with House Martell, and perhaps even marrying a female Martell).

Moreover, the repeated "red sand" imagery in Dany's arc seems to point toward future interactions with Dorne, but not in a positive way. Every time she "gains" a dragon, Dany's found herself among the red sands: the dragons' hatching immediately led to her terrible journey through the deserts of the Red Waste, and Drogon's arrival at Daznak's Pit (specifically, the scarlet sands of Daznak's Pit) led to Dany becoming trapped, starving and sick, on the Dothraki Sea. In her final chapter, she seems to be embracing her "inner dragon"---and since Dany "gaining" a dragon always seems to involve her suffering in places associated with red sand, this could easily foreshadow her heading for (a hostile) Dorne in Westeros. After all, Dany always ends up hating places associated with red sands---she nearly died in the Red Waste, and she was extremely disgusted with the red sands of the Pit.

In ADWD Dany casually mentioned that "he knew little and less of Dorne", and we've had multiple characters remark upon the fact that landing ships in Dorne is incredibly difficult because there are almost no safe harbors---Dany's stated ignorance about Dorne + Multiple characters repeatedly emphasizing that Dornish shores are a death trap to an incoming fleet = Dany very possibly landing in Dorne (and immediately regretting it). Moreover, her repeated emphasis on Quaithe's "to go north you must go south" instructions, along with the likely potential for Dany to invert the example of Aegon and his sisters (they chose to go North instead of South during the Conquest----Aegon was preparing to head for Dorne when Rhaenys failed to conquer it, but instead chose to go after Torrhen Stark and the Northmen), I think could potentially foreshadow Dany inverting the example of Nymeria by landing in Dorne and failing where Nymeria succeeded.

ASOS; Arya - "Have it your way. Three dragons...when you put us ashore safe on the north bank.";

2 pages later - During the ferry's passage: A tangle of roots and limbs poked up out of the water as it came, like the reaching arms of a great kraken.

This is the chapter where Arya and Sandor cross the trident before the RW. The price of passage for Arya to get to the North bank is three dragons. But along the way the ferry is almost pulled under by an uprooted tree that Arya thinks looks like a kraken.

In the same "crossing the river" scene there are some interesting things vis a vis the "kraken" and the "dragons":

The tree swept past the ferry with inches to spare, its branches scrabbling like claws against the horsehead. Only just when it seemed as if they were clear, one of the monster's upper limbs dealt them a glancing thump. The ferry seemed to shudder, and Arya slipped, landing painfully on one knee. The man with the broken pole was not so lucky. She heard him shout as he stumbled over the side. Then the raging brown water closed over him, and he was gone in the time it took Arya to climb back to her feet.

At first it looks like the ferry has successfully navigated around the tree that looks like a kraken---but then the "kraken"-tree hits the ferry and a man tumbles into the river and drowns. A single man who was apparently himself worth three dragons, according to the ferryman's attempt to up the price (from 3 dragons to 6 dragons) on the far shore due to this death. I think there could be any number of things being foreshadowed there: first, a tree causing the death of a person in a storm (someone later associated with three dragons) has certain greenseer-related implications for Aegon and Dany. Second, the "kraken" specifically causing someone "worth" three dragons to drown could hint toward three-dragon-associated Dany associating herself with the kraken-and-drowning-associated Greyjoys---and the fact that this person, by drowning, never makes it to the north shore at all, could indicate that Dany, by allying with the Ironborn, will never make it to the North.

What's also interesting is the fact that the ferryman demands three dragons to bring Arya, Sandor, and Stranger across the river to the North, but never gets them. By this point, Sandor no longer has any actual gold (i.e, any dragons), because his dragons were taken from him by the Brotherhood Without Banners---all he has is the IOU the Brotherhood gave him, and he waves that in the ferrymen's faces---the idea of there being no dragons left by the time someone associated with horses (as this ferry has a horsehead carved on each end) heads north isn't exactly promising for the idea of dragons being at useful (hell, even present) in the North. Not to mention,

"Three dragons?" Clegane gave a bark of laughter. "For three dragons I should own the bloody ferry."

"Last year, might be you could. But with this river, I'll need extra hands on the poles and oars just to see we don't get swept a hundred miles out to sea. Here's your choice. Three dragons, or you teach that hellhorse how to walk on water."

At one point, three dragons would have been enough to own the entire ferry---but not anymore. It seems that three dragons aren't worth quite as much as they used to be, given the current weather situation. Certain interesting implications there for Dany (and for everyone claiming power through House Targaryen). Not to mention, the idea of a person needing either three dragons OR the ability to walk on water could foreshadow dragons not actually being necessary in situations where a horse can walk on water: the Dothraki Sea (where horses "walk on water), the Narrow Sea ("horses" on ships), and, perhaps most importantly, winter itself, when horses can walk on water because the water is frozen.

In ADWD, Arya (as the "ugly little girl" apprentice to the Faceless Men) kills a man by using a poisoned coin. But not just any coin---a poisoned dragon. In AFFC, Pate is killed by the Faceless Man in the exact same way---a poisoned (golden) dragon. I think there's an excellent chance that the Faceless Men will be responsible for at least one of the living dragons being killed via poisoning.

This could also hint toward the outcome of a conflict between Bloodraven and Melisandre. Bloodraven is literally "the crow's eye"---a "crow", with a single red eye (Euron has to make do with a red eyepatch). The Damphair thinking about how no woman can defeat the crow's eye because "women were made to fight their battles in the birthing bed" could inadvertently hint that Melisandre, whose greatest demonstrated power was literally in "the birthing bed" (birthing shadow assassins), won't be able to defeat Bloodraven---not even with her shadow assassins.

I think this is definitely illustrative of her ongoing internal conflict between her pack instinct (dog side) and her inclination towards aloneness (cat side). I guess this will culminate in her choice between becoming a bona fide Faceless Man or rejoining her family.

....Rejoining with her family has to do with her dog side...

It hadn´t occurred to me that way: Arya,pretty thing.

My interpretation still involves Jon. He is at the Wall afterall, not likely to leave since that is where his war is, and is probably the love Arya is leading Dany to. The "chink" in the wall also makes sense because Jon's love for Arya is a weakness in his resolve to keep his NW vows, a "chink" in his commitment to the Wall so to speak.

Could be an explanation.....

Thats is ..I don´t know, whole matter of Sansa "disguised of bastard" make me think about it.

Mayhaps they (we) shall see both? :o

@tze

Good post again.

I think Mance's cloak being patched with red silk from Asshai foreshadows his association with Melisandre of Asshai, who also dresses in red silk.

From AFfC Prologue:

In the apple tree beside the water, a nightingale began to sing. It was a sweet sound, a welcome respite from the harsh screams and endless quorking of the ravens he had tended all day long.

The apple tree in Norse mythology is a symbol of rebirth and beauty, the apple is also known as the "forbidden fruit" or a forbidden romance, and the nightingale is a symbol of love, and the song of a nightingale is depicted as a sorrowful lament. Ravens are associated with, as well as BR and the Old Gods, death.

The nightingale may be Sansa, referred to as a "singing, little bird" by Sandor. It may foreshadow Sansa's rebirth as a strong, beautiful woman, and Sansa giving Sandor a song as he lays dying (from taking a mortal wound defending her) during or after a battle.

This ravens are white.

and the nightingale "says" gold for iron, thats remains me a passage of Sandor/Arya, when they go to cross the rivers:

The ferryman ¿of Hades? ( : says:

“We can get you across,” he said sourly. “It will cost you a gold piece. Another for the horse. A third for the boy.” ....Here’s your choice. Three dragons, or you teach that hellhorse how to walk on water.”

And Sandor ( reply when he arrived) rattled his longsword to loosen the blade in the scabbard.:

“Here’s your choice. Gold on the north bank, or steel on the south.”

<snip>

Mallister told Mance that the red-and-black cloak was "fit for burning now"---but Mance ends up a King because he rejects that. He refuses to allow his patched cloak to be burned, and becomes a King because he rejects associating the red-and-black cloak with fire. I don't think that's foreshadowing Jon "embracing" anything fire-associated to attain kingship---I think it's pointing toward the opposite. Moreover, it's hinted (from her "Melony" memory) that Melisandre (unlike the wildling's red silk) likely doesn't actually originate from Asshai at all ("Melisandre of Asshai" being an entirely false identity, as her true name isn't Melisandre and her true origin isn't Asshai), and very importantly, though Mel dresses in red silk, Mance's cloak is not made of red silk---it's specifically patched with red silk. Red silk pulled from a shipwreck. Is there someone we know at the Wall associated with patches, perhaps? Someone also pulled from a shipwreck? :)

Perhaps Patchface kills Melisandre to resurrect Jon ("patches" him with red silk---uses red-silk-clad Melisandre's own greatest treasure, her life, to heal/resurrect Jon)? Mance wanted to go to a place where a kiss was not a crime, but Mel has never been shown to be capable of Thoros of Myr's "kiss of life"---but she has seen visions of Patchface with blood on his lips. Will we see Patchface accomplish what Melisandre cannot? It would certainly be appropriate, plot-wise, for Melisandre to be sacrificed as someone else's magical tool, and for Patchface (who seems to understand his visions of the future far more than Mel understands hers) to accomplish a magical feat that Melisandre cannot.

<snip>

Tze, Insightful and thought provoking as always. Going with the Patchface resurrection idea what might this mean?

"I will lead it!" His bells rang merrily. "We will march into the sea and out again. Under the waves we will ride seahorses, and mermaids will blow seashells to announce our coming, oh, oh, oh.”

This is the only time Patchface uses "we" instead of "they" in one of his seemingly prophetic statements. This also comes up in response to who will lead the Hardhome ranging. Jon says he will, but this later passes to Tormund before the stabbing and now sits in book six limbo. "Under the sea" seems to be a phrase that means "death" to Patchface so marching in and out would of the sea fits with a resurrection. I'm not entirely sure what to make of the rest of it though.

And Sandor, the hell´s horse (I just had an epiphany! :) ( hellhorse: a dragon) and the Stark girl crossed the river over the horse of two heads,

But ,with them there is a third head of other horse :Stranger: 3 heads of hellhorse: 3 dragons over Styx?or/and Acheronte?

Towards Tartarus or the Elysian Fields?

We will see

Now I am sure that Sandor will participates in a hellish combat (unmortal combat :) ) (with his undead brother Cerberus, the headless Un-gregor) and A Trial

but I think this trial will not define his life itself or physical death, but, if he goes to the Wall or goes towards the Life.

Ravens are ravens no matter what color.

Matters:

black feathers: black words

White ravens announces the WINTER...!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Could be:

Nightingale: LF

White ravens: flying Stark over dragons

Mastiff: Sandor

In this same chapter:

"“Dragons and darker things,” said Leo. “The grey sheep have closed their eyes, but the mastiff sees the truth. Old powers waken. Shadows stir. An age of wonder and terror will soon be upon us, an age for gods and heroes.”

I'm quite sure this was probably posted somewhere in the old threads, but: Stannis: "The day I take consul from that Pirate is the day I take the black"

Well, Greyjoys are well know pirates, and 2 of them are with Stannis now, maybe they'll convince him to replace Jon as the 999th Lord commander of the Night's Watch

That chapter where Arya and Sandor cross the river is rife with foreshadowing as Tze's analysis makes clear. Here is my take on it:

It could not have been more than ten feet from their prow when two of the boatmen somehow caught it (the "kraken" tree ) with their long poles. One snapped, and the long splintering craaaack made it sound as if the ferry were breaking up beneath them. But the second man managed to give the trunk a hard shove, just enough to deflect it away from them. The tree swept past the ferry with inches to spare, its branches scrabbling like claws against the horsehead. Only just when it seemed as if they were clear, one of the monster’s upper limbs dealt them a glancing thump. The ferry seemed to shudder, and Arya slipped, landing painfully on one knee. The man with the broken pole was not so lucky. She heard him shout as he stumbled over the side.

Going off Tze's interpretation that the man who falls in the water is Dany (because he is worth three dragons) and also that the horse head boat represents the Dothraki (or just Dany's people in general), this passage seems to foreshadow that the Iron Born (Kraken) are a danger to them all; Dany, her people and Arya. The second oarsmen, who could be anybody I suppose (Barristan? Jorah?), manages to deflect the kraken away from them, sparing Dany's people (the boat). But one last hard thump pulls Dany (represented by the oarsmen) into the water and causes Arya to land painfully on one knee, a sign of defeat or submission. Arya manages to get back up off her feet though, the kraken does not take her under (meaning the Greyjoys don't get their hands on her, thankfully):

Then the raging brown water closed over him (the "Dany" oarsmen), and he was gone in the time it took Arya to climb back to her feet. One of the other boatmen snatched up a coil of rope, but there was no one to throw it to. Maybe he’ll wash up someplace downstream, Arya tried to tell herself, but the thought had a hollow ring.

However, Dany is long gone leaving Arya to only assume that she is dead, but....Dany is a POV, unlike the real oarsmen who likely is dead. And we all know by now that POV's aren't dead unless you see the corpse (sometimes not even then, Uncat).

It's also of note that Dany is effectively separated from her people by being draged under the water according to this symbolism (the boat continues on), which I think indicates that the Greyjoys, either Vic or Euron, will manage to take Dany captive. Dany being taken captive by the Greyjoys like this also ties into a quote from my OP:

ASOS; Dany - Jorah talking to Dany (paraphrased for length): 'There are dangers at sea as well...The next storm could sink or scatter us, a kraken could pull us under.'

They say the pack is led by a monstrous she-wolf, a stalking shadow grim and grey and huge.

This foreshadows Brienne's meeting with UnCat who is a Stark or wolf by marriage, and dresses in grey

The stewards had long ago discovered that food and meat kept longer in the icy storerooms carved from the base of the Wall . . . but prisoners did not. "You will die in here Lord Snow," Ser Alliser Thorne had said

This foreshadows Jon's "death", and his body being stored in the ice storerooms.

That chapter where Arya and Sandor cross the river is rife with foreshadowing as Tze's analysis makes clear. Here is my take on it:

Going off Tze's interpretation that the man who falls in the water is Dany (because he is worth three dragons) and also that the horse head boat represents the Dothraki (or just Dany's people in general), this passage seems to foreshadow that the Iron Born (Kraken) are a danger to them all; Dany, her people and Arya. The second oarsmen, who could be anybody I suppose (Barristan? Jorah?), manages to deflect the kraken away from them, sparing Dany's people (the boat). But one last hard thump pulls Dany (represented by the oarsmen) into the water and causes Arya to land painfully on one knee, a sign of defeat or submission. Arya manages to get back up off her feet though, the kraken does not take her under (meaning the Greyjoys don't get their hands on her, thankfully):

I wonder how many dragons Khal Drogo was worth, before he fell from his horse.

Not exactly foreshadowing, but Tywin does not allow Ser Gregor to die.

Gregor Clegane outlives Tywin and eventually becomes a sort of undead, if the theories are true.

On a side note: Cersei, always wanting to be like her father tells something similar regarding Gyles Rosby, stating she doesn't allow his death.

Needless to be said, in a couple of Cersei's chapters the poor Rosby is dead and gone.

Poor Cersei, everytime she tries to be like her father she fails :(

Rumors about Robb from ACoK.

“. . . giants I tell you, he’s got giants twenty foot tall come down from beyond the Wall, follow him like dogs . . .”

“. . . not natural, coming on them so fast, in the night and all. He’s more wolf than man, all them Starks are . . .”

“. . . shit on your wolves and giants, the boy’d piss his pants if he knew we was coming. He wasn’t man enough to march on Harrenhal, was he? Ran t’other way, didn’t he? He’d run now if he knew what was best for him.”

“So you say, but might be the boy knows something we don’t, maybe it’s us ought to be run . . .”

I think it's a foreshadowing or at least irony and it actually speaks about Jon.

giants follow him - agrees

more wolf than a man and Stark, after his death and legitimization - will agree

running the other way than most - agrees, he didn't take a part in Wo5K, it also can be related to Ramsay and Hardhome fiasco

knows something most don't that would make people run - definitely agrees, the Others are coming

Archived