Who is the series worst son/daughter?

Sansa_Stark

her father refusing to find her a suitable husband is one of her reasons for rebelling. I don't think she even realized Qynten had been sent to Dany when she tried to incite war. She was mad about her dad being a push over. Her Aunt was murdered, Doran does nothing. Then her Uncle gets killed, and he still does nothing. Her acts were of a vengeful spoiled brat with daddy issues. She actively seeks war by attempting to crown Myrcella, and now will likely get it because Myrcella is at the very least maimed, and by some theories is actually dead. She knew what crowning Myrcella meant but attempted it anyways. Putting Sansa, who innocently causes some crap to escalate, above Arianne is bull.

No, it was not a reason for her rebelling. She thinks of that as proof that her father didn't love her (he didn't just try to match her with old men, he actively refused to match her with younger men). She knew Quentyn had anonymously sailed to Essos and assumed he went to hire sellswords.

And nowhere did I compare her to Sansa. Or agree to what she did. But there is more to Arianne's story than a spoiled brat.

Arianne, pretty much for reasons others have stated.

Sansa was trusted by her father to a certain degree and she broke that trust by going to Cersei. Sansa in AGoT and Sansa in AFFC are two totally different people ( I cannot stand Sansa in AGoT, no matter how many re-reads I do) but the only way we have to see how Sansa is as a daughter is by her relationship with Ned, which just so happened to be in AGoT when she was a spoiled, bratty, and entitled teenager who hadn't matured to the woman she is in AFFC. Sure, she acts as LF's daughter, but that's just an act. I believe she loved Ned, but put her selfish wishes ahead of his safety. True, she couldn't have known Joff was going to kill him, but she must have foreseen some punishment for Ned. I do believe Ned would still be dead if Sansa hadn't told Cersei, but Sansa played an important part in the scenario that happened.

I vote Jaime and Cersei. Having children with each other rather than her with her King and him with whatever whores and loose women would have him is defying their father's plans for peaceful control of the realm. Lead to everything that's come down.

Jaime never slept with anyone but Cersei.

Cersei and Jaime are a compelling case. I don't think anywhere else, we see the exact ramifications on the parent as much as we do Cersei and Jaime. Tywin is most undoubtedly stressed the hell out by their choices. Even without the sleeping with each other thing, Cersei being incompetent as a ruler and Jaime joining the Kingsguard and leaving Tywin with Tyrion as his heir seems to have given the old man a few sleepless nights.

Sansa's the worst.

First I'll go Hiroshima and Nagasaki on you :)

But, I think people don't recognize Sansa's true crimes. It's time to list them all:

1. She killed Wyman Royce and his party

2. She pushed Bran off the window and then hired a murderer to kill him, leaving Cat with an ugly scar

3. She killed Jorah in King's Landing

4. She poisoned Jon Arryn

5. She kidnapped Tyrion thus tightening the relationship between 2 Great Houses of Westeros

6. She killed Ned by behading him

7. She have beaten herself

8. She killed a horse during Tourney by beheading it

9. She pilgrimaged Riverlands and raped their women

10. She gave birth to a shadowbaby that killed Renly

11. She betrayed Robb and conquered Winterfell

12. She killed two young boys and presented them as her brothers, Bran and Rickon

13. She tried to kill LC Mormont

14. She killed Dany's child, so Drogo would be 'alive'

15. She made a pyre that killed Mirri Maz Duur

16. She found some poor prostitute and beaten her so she could teach Tyrion a lesson

17. She killed some peasents with a crossbow because she didn't like them

18. She pretended to be smelly boy so she would capture Theon and torture him later

19. She killed Cortnay Penrose

20. She created wildfire that burnt the men in Blackwater

21. She freed Jaime despite her brother's wishes

22. She broke off engagements with Freys, to marry a girl she deflowered

23. She plotted to marry herself to Tyrion, so he could inherit Winterfell

24. She killed a singer because he fancied Shae

25. She was burning cities all over Slaver's bay

26. She organized the Red wedding, and is personally responsible for Robb's, Cat's and murderers of 2000 bannermen

27. She poisoned Joffrey so Margaery would marry Tommen

28. She killed Dontos

29. She betrayed vows of celibacy, and enjoyed some nights with wilding woman called Ygritte

30. She killed Oberyn Martell, because he yelled 'Elia'

31. She prosecuted Tyrion for the murder he hasn't commited

32. She chopped off Jaime's hand

33. She had sexual intercourse on altar in Sept of Baelor

34. She killed Lysa Arryn

35. She killed Tywin

36. She resurrected from dead, and killed innocent Frey

37. She warged into Hodor's mind and controlled him

38. She killed Shae for sleeping with Tywin

39. She started poisoning SR so he could be more obedient

40. She threw Mallirion off the sky cage he was in

41. She screwed several members of Kingsguard, and made them lie about Margaery

42. She was seen by Brienne to do horrors

43. She told Doran about Arianne's plans

44. She cut Myrcella's ear

45. She raped prisoners and made women walk naked to serve her wine

46. She threatened Edmure with catapulting his wife and child

47. She was giving Jeyne a moon tea so she wouldn't get pregnant

48. She organized hunting parties for Theon, and did some questionable things to Jeyne Poole

49. She raped some whore in Essos

50. She baked a pie with some Freys in it

51. She betrayed LC of NW Snow by stabbing him

52. She made Cersei walk penance walk for nothing

53. She killed some merchant because she was told to

54. She killed Pycelle and Kevan to create chaos in Westeros

55. She allowed wildlings to enter and gave them Gift

56. She killed Rattleshirt

57. She lied to Stannis and later she wrote pink letter

58. She was gathering an army of ice soldiers so she could rule Westeros as Mother of Others

59. She was giving Bran questionable paste

60. She obviously is behind every bad thing thus she is the WORST PERSON IN ASOIAF

I would beg to be Sansa's servant and grovel at her feet if 58 ever came true.

Also, for those of you who don't think Sansa is worse than Arianne, consider that Arianne made her decision knowing what the results were and is a fully accountable adult at 23.

No, it was not a reason for her rebelling. She thinks of that as proof that her father didn't love her (he didn't just try to match her with old men, he actively refused to match her with younger men). She knew Quentyn had anonymously sailed to Essos and assumed he went to hire sellswords.

And nowhere did I compare her to Sansa. Or agree to what she did. But there is more to Arianne's story than a spoiled brat.

of course there's more to her reasoning, it's dramatic over statement of the facts. You might not have compared Sansa to Arianne, but lots of people named her the worst daughter. A girl that is 23, knows the reproductions of her actions, yet knowingly decides to start a war is much worse than a 12 year old child that makes a mistake because she was lacking facts. I think the clear contender for worst daughter is Arianne. She even beats Cersei to me as a bad daughter. Cersei is clearly a worse person though.

Lysa gives a shit for Hoster so she is in my list for worst daughter.

She lies to her sister, and this ends with her husband killed. So also goes in the worst sister list.

She mourders her husband. She is in the worst wife list.

She totally ruins Jon Arryn jr. She is in the worst mother list.

I think.no character in westeros can get into the four lists!

go Lysa!!!

Joffrey should NOT be on anyone's list.

He grew up with NO father figure in his life, both his biological and the king played no role in his upbringing. He virtually had no moral compos, only Cersei to tell him how great and wonderful he is and how the world would be his playground and do whatever he pleases. And then boom! He gets what any little brat desires.... Absolute power with "NO" not a option to him. Of course hes going to be a brat!

Nature vs Nuture

Worst son ?

It has to be Joffrey. We already know he seemd to be a bigger sadist than Aerys II. The cold fact is he was also a craven weakling. He came from the genetic stock of Jaime Lannister, and his father influence was Robert Baratheon. He was looked after by the Hound, and aside from these three, had Barristan Selmy to train him if he wanted. Yet, he sucks at fighting, not for lack of training, but basically lack of guts. A bit of adversity and he turns into a whinging mess. Even if he could fight, you don't get the feeling he's much of a man.

And he's also quite stupid and ignorant, to boot. Is he just neurologically a dunce, or is he so arrogant that he actually hates knowledge ? Cersei may be unhinged and arrogant, but she doesn't exactly strike one as a dullard.

His sister Myrcella and his brother Tommen don't seem like royal jerk-wads, and if Joffrey had any disadvantages in his background, they certainly shared them. Perhaps the difference is Cersei's radioactive parenting - she may have doted on Joffrey and mostly ignored the other two )to their benefit). Still, there is nothing to "excuse" what he is, since he has had every advantage (including some parental surrogates if he needed them).

Ransay Bolton at least reflects on his own father in terms of keeping up the grim legacy of northern abomination. He's crazy as hell, but at least one can respect (if that's the right word) the fact that he is personally a dangerous man. Joffrey is not even that. The only reason Joffrey lived as long as he did was because it was against the law to kill him - he'd be nothing without the protectors he hides behind.

So, how to describe this book-chopping, Mycah slicing, Arya-begging, cat-stabbing, peasant-shooting, Sansa-menacing, Ned-executing, Tywin-sassing, Tyrion-betraying ass-clown?

Joffrey's just a horrifying anomaly - a disappointment on every level.

Archived