Who is the series worst son/daughter?

Sansa_Stark

A lot of people are saying Ramsay. He's probably the worst overall person in the entire series but I've never seen anything to suggest he's nothing but a dutiful son to Roose. The question wasn't who is the worst person, or brother, but son/daughter. Well Ramsay fears the hell out of Roose and Roose seems like the only person who can control Ramsay, so I'll say for all of his horrific faults he's actually a respectful son, if nothing else. Hell, he could even kill Roose and Roose's dying thought would be "I taught him well".

As for Joffrey, yeah he was a petulant little brat and only became really destructive when he became KING. So yeah he was an awful person as well and not a good son but guess what, as King he has the legal right to do whatever he wants.

Way too much Sansa hating going on. She's being villified for accidentally having a hand in a war that already started when her mother kidnapped Tyrion. Meanwhile only 1 or 2 people mention the overrated Arianne who far outstrips Sansa on the selfish-meter despite being way older. She actually went out of her way to start a war that would pit a sister against her own brother, but failed. F for Arianne.

Ser Jorah seems like he was a crappy son. Brought shame to his father and his house with his actions. As a man of honor that had to kill the Old Bear. I have always wondered why he joined the Watch. Maybe it was to make sure House Mormont suffered some kind of punishment for Jorah's actions? If so that only magnifies what Jorah did. He's one of my fav characters but overall was a crappy son.

Tyrion- killed both his mother and his father :)

Tyrion killed his mother in the same sense Dany killed Elia. Jon and Lyanna have already been mentioned. Tryion, Jon, and Dany are often linked on the basis of their mothers dying giving birth to them. Picking as a mother-killer one and not the others is logically inconsistent.

Tyrion killed his mother in the same sense Dany killed Elia. Jon and Lyanna have already been mentioned. Tryion, Jon, and Dany are often linked on the basis of their mothers dying giving birth to them. Picking as a mother-killer one and not the others is logically inconsistent.

A-i was being sarcastic. Tyrion did not murder his mother, it just happened. And he only killed his father because his father was one of the worst in the series. Seriously, all Tywin's kids are effed up beyond reason. Killing dad is bad, but dad treating you like shit your whole life is worse.

b-Elia isn't Dany's mom. Rhaella was.

Gregor Clegane--if rumor is true, he knowingly killed much of his family and probably would have killed Sandor too.

Arienne--she plotted a coup, even if she wouldn't have hurt her father personally. Presumably, she would have hurt Quentyn had it come to that. Dark horse--Gilly. She sided with her father/husband's murderers, but then...who wouldn't. She was fully justified, especially as she mainly wanted to save her son.

That's not why Arianne revolts at all. She thinks she is being robbed of her birthright to the seat of Dorne in favour of Quentyn, because she is a woman. She believes her brother is gathering an army in Essos to help him with his cause. That, coupled with the imprisonment of her cousins, leads her to incite Dorne to a revolt so she can depose Doran and take his seat, before Quentyn's army reaches Dorne. But, apart from removing Doran, she wants to do him no harm and wishes for no bloodshed, even thinking of not asking for the support of the Ullers, because she thinks they are too dangerous. She wants to allow him to live out his days in the Water Gardens, watching the children, which is basically what he does, or what she thinks he does.

While this isn't exactly best daughter material, saying she tries to incite war because her father doesn't find her a suitable husband is unfair and untrue. Her actions were childish and naïve and quite clearly she didn't think of all the consequences of her actions, but some of the blame has to go to Doran himself.

her father refusing to find her a suitable husband is one of her reasons for rebelling. I don't think she even realized Qynten had been sent to Dany when she tried to incite war. She was mad about her dad being a push over. Her Aunt was murdered, Doran does nothing. Then her Uncle gets killed, and he still does nothing. Her acts were of a vengeful spoiled brat with daddy issues. She actively seeks war by attempting to crown Myrcella, and now will likely get it because Myrcella is at the very least maimed, and by some theories is actually dead. She knew what crowning Myrcella meant but attempted it anyways. Putting Sansa, who innocently causes some crap to escalate, above Arianne is bull.

One of those two was a perfect little angel according to his mom.

Agreed. Was Joffrey really a bad son? Robert and Jaime barely noticed him, and Cersei seemed to think the world of him.

Though Myrcella moved to an exotic foreign country, started hanging out with a wild crowd of delinquents, and got one of her ears pierced -- in a manner of speaking -- without her mother's permission or knowledge. She doesn't have a drug problem yet but it's coming.

I disagree. Arya was being a kid, that's all. She was being forced into doing things she didn't like and constantly lashed out, but not in any major way. She was a bit of a rebel, but I'd hardly say running from your needle work is being a bad daughter.

But I don't want to blame Sansa either. She had no idea what she doing was wrong. Yes, she was being selfish, but, again, how old was she?

Sure, they were kids, none of them were bad daughters, it's just that if you want to make a case against one of them, Arya makes more sense.

I vote Jaime and Cersei. Having children with each other rather than her with her King and him with whatever whores and loose women would have him is defying their father's plans for peaceful control of the realm. Lead to everything that's come down.

Worst for me goes to Gregor and Jorah sons.

Worst daughters are Arianne and Cersei. If you think about Cersei has her own screw-ups but is also responsible for convincing Jamie to join the Kingsguard, thus depriving Tywin his "perfect" heir.

If for some Sansa is the worst daughter in these books, then someone desperately needs a reread...

-Gives away her father's plans due to her own selfish desires

-Spits on her father's memory by marrying a Lannister

-Shits all over her mother's memory by working with the man who killed her aunt

-Shits all over her Tully heritage by going through a rebellious phase and dying her hair black

Sansa's the worst.

ETA: Before I get virtually lynched by the Sansa-stans, I'm just confirming that I was kidding.

(I agree with BlackViper also)

If Cersei was considered a "bad" daughter it isn't necessarily her fault - she was the one most loyal, wanted to be most like Tywin (And technically was the most like him). But Tywin was the one who initially pushed her away just because she was a girl, not interested in training her, hearing her out or encouraging her potential talents that could have blossomed and worked well. Her existence was mainly to be used as a marital trade for alliances. After all that, her bitterness just grew and overcame her. I don't excuse her overall mentality and behaviour, but in that little part it might be slightly understandable that in the end Cersei screwed up some of Tywin's efforts.

Sansa, while very misguided, bratty and naive, was actually trying to save her father's life in the end. She did had good intentions, so it is crazy that people blame her as if she purposely wanted her father's death to happen, or was that blind. She thought she was being tactical for the better, not for the worst. She was manipulated, afterall.

(Lol, PinkieBaelish, that actually made me chuckle)

#1 for me thus far, regardless of gender, for the worst offspring would have to be Gregor. Not only did he allegedly kill a sister, wives, servants and torment his brother but his dad also. Who knows if maybe he was even involved in his own mother's death? Or imagine how he treated her while she was still alive

:mellow:

Close second....mmm....let's see:

While Ramsay is fairly reasonable around Roose, I think it could only last so long. I am sure once Roose no longer becomes useful in some way, Ramsay will rid of him. He already killed a sibling, and likely will kill another, it would be no surprise that he would aim at his dad next. I mean, he already kinslayed once, it could happened again.

While Jofffrey is "harmless" now towards his parent, who knows if that would changed drastically if he had lived into his adult years.

I feel like there is another candidate out there but can't seem to recall right now :dunno:

This easily goes to all three of Tywin's children...Cersei, Jaime and Tyrion.

Cersei has thoroughly destroyed the family legacy that Tywin spent a lifetime to achieve. At the start of the series House Lannister was the most powerful in the Seven Kingdoms. Now it lays in shambles because of Cersei's ineptitude and avarice. Jaime decided that the best place to put himself was between his sister's legs and didn't give a shit about anything else. He went to the Kingsguard, forfeiting his claim to Casterly Rock, just to be near Cersei. He threw Bran out a window, thus starting the events that lead up to the War of the Five Kings, for Cersei. Tyrion, while being the only one of Tywin's children to seriously help him in his efforts to preserve the prominence of the family, killed Tywin so by default he is lumped in with Cersei and Jaime.

Archived