Who is the series worst son/daughter?

Sansa_Stark

Theon tried to please his family at least... Failed, but tried.

Ramsay is an evil bastard, but I think Roose actually gets a kick outta it.

Joffrey is a close runner up in 2nd... but...

Tyrion inadvertently killed his mother and actually killed his father... So probs gotta go with him. Not a slight on him though, I woulda shot Tywin in his position as well.

Son: Ramsey certainly, killing his father's true born sons, but Tyrion killed his father, the ultimate betrayal. But taking the cake is likely Gregor Clegane who is rumored to have killed his father, two wives, and his sister.

Daughter: Sansa betrayed her father outright but running to Cersei elsewise she and Arya might not have been taken hostage at least in KL. (Or tired to in Arya's case) and Lyanna betrayed her family if she went running off willingly.

Ramsey is probably the worst brother, but I don't think he's the worst son.

Joff is an insufferable psycho, but again, not the worst son.

worst son needs to be someone who purposely harms their parents.

To me that is Tyrion for killing both parents, even if Joanna isn't really his fault. Or Gregor if he did kill his father.

Gregor also is a top contender for worse brother (burns Sandor, most likely killed his sister) and worst husband (killed 2 wives). Ramsey is also a contender for worst husband though, killed first wife, torturing his second.

Worst daughter, probably Arianne. She tries to incite a war. Sansa messed up true, but she was trying to clear up what she thought was a misunderstanding. Arianne willfully defied her father because she was mad he wouldn't find her a proper husband that wasn't over 60. She tried to crown Myrcella in hopes of taking Dorne to war.

I think intent is a big factor, Sansa doesn't intend to hurt her family. Arianne absolutely does.

^^^^

You're blaming a child for making a foolish mistake.

This thread is asking a pretty subjective question. By saying Sansa was a shitty daughter in that moment, nobody is making a judgment on whether or not what she did was rational to her or an innocent mistake. Well some might.

What I am saying is that one innocent, but still bratty and selfish act resulted in the destruction of her House and family and that is an awful thing to live with.

How could Sansa be the worst daughter? Without a doubt? She naively, maybe even stupidly, went to Cersei and told her that Ned's plans for sending them home, Arya's whereabouts, etc. She didn't do this to hurt her father deliberately, which would make her a shitty daughter; she did it because she foolishly trusted Cersei. I seriously doubt that Ned would think that Sansa is a bad daughter if he knew.

What I am saying is that one innocent, but still bratty and selfish act resulted in the destruction of her House and family and that is an awful thing to live with.

No, that's not true. Destruction of her House came when her brother broke off engagements and married another girl, and that led to RW...

Also, that worst daughter begged in open court for her father's life, despite the danger for her own life.

No, that's not true. Destruction of her House came when her brother broke off engagements and married another girl, and that led to RW...

Also, that worst daughter begged in open court for her father's life, despite the danger for her own life.

That wouldn't have happened if Ned led the North's forces.

And I am not saying that Sansa was a bad daughter. She was the worst of the main characters though because she was selfish. Although one could argue that Arianne deserves that award as well. And come to think,

I might change my vote to her.

I won't even start with Tyrion because he was obviously the worst son but was also regularly abused emotionally.

Will people stop saying that Tyrion killed his mother? That is absolutely absurd! I know some of you were kidding, but to anyone who isn't just stop. Child birth is dangerous, especially in the fictional world of ASOIAF where they don't have modern medicine. It's such a silly thing for a modern reader to blame a baby for. Is it the baby's fault that the midwife or Maester couldn't save the mother?

I think the pro-Sansa folks need to remember that in AGoT she was one spoiled, entitled little bitch. The character improved with age, but she was nigh on insufferable in the first book. I'm rereading that part again for about the 10th time and STILL get that reaction to her.

Worst kid, non-murder class? Sweetrobin. The ick factor is strong in that one.

Archived