The Kingslayer Slays The Kingslayer to Become The Kingmaker

Arthur Dayne's Honor

This is just my cracked pot hope you like it.

I have long been a supporter for Jon being king and I think it will happen but I've also been wonderin how it will happen and have become fond of the theory that Jaime will mirror Criston Cole and crown Jon making him a "Kingmaker" as it were. But a problem with that is that why would Jon let Jaime get anywhere near him or have any reason to trust Jaime. So I think Jaime could "prove his loyalty" as it were, and prove it by slaying Roose Bolton.

I think the point in the story this could happen is after Dany lands in Westeros(finally)

And thanks to Fire Eaters info on what MIGHT happen is where this comes from.

Jaime is captured by Dany, who has Tyrion as her side, and is prolly gonna be sentenced to die or something but during the night Tyrion comes and frees Jaime as payback for free him in KL. this will be the last time they see each other. Jaime, with Dany's army likely spread across the mainland of Westeros will have to remain incognito to move around. It will be at this point where he learns of Jon's heritage(maybe being captured again by Crannogmen after he wanders into The Neck) Feeling duty bound to protect Jon and put him on the throne he will ride north. At this point Stannis will have defeated The Boltons or have been forced south via GNC and will be facing Dany. Roose will somehow be alive in a stronghold, possibly the Dreadfort. His forces will be so weakened that the Northerners will kick Stannis out before he finishes him, and they will be gathering strength to finish Roose off themselves. Seeing this as an oppurtunity to prove himself he will reveal himself to Roose under the guise of friendship, and then he will cut him down. And escape somehow, maybe by jumping into the Weeping Water(similar to Blackfish's escape)which at this point will be freezing. He will climb ashore trying to keep warm and after using his newfound warging abilities Jon will find him through Ghost. Jon having heard of how he slew Roose gives Jaime a chance and saves his life(funny right, Jaime goes north to protect Jon and Jon ends up saving him). Jaime will then proceed to tell Jon of his heritage which he will most likely already know. At this point Dany will have gone North to Winterfell to deal with the KITN/Regent Jon and Jon will meet her challenge and hopefully plays out like Fire Eaters Rundown of DWD 2.0. .

That's a really good crackpot theory. I've heard of some theories before about Jaime supporting Jon, but this one has some info to back it up. :agree:

Thanks, though I know this is a hard sell for some, cuz so much of it depends on Fire Eater's theories. Which aren't bad mind you, just that if your theory is backed up by other theories it makes your theory that much more crackpot.

I really like this. :bowdown: It never occurred to me that Jaime's story arc might end up taking him North...

One problem: Timing. Given the imminent battle in the ice, and Jaime's current position with the BwB I think it would be a stretch for him to free himself of LS, get captured by Dany (who has to make it all the way over to Westeros) and then get freed, travel North and slay Roose all before Roose loses his head.

Even assuming Roose survives the upcoming battle(s), I find it hard to believe he'll be able to survive long enough for this to happen...

Having said that, George has made it more than clear that the Dreadfort is a highly defensible castle, so if Roose were to make it there it could work :dunno:

fair enough

Two of the potentials turns I see for Jaime's story takes him North.

He is already in the Riverlands, so its very feasible he might make his way to Greywater Watch. If he were to discover that R+L=J, then yes I could see him supporting Jon for the throne.

No Dany or Tyrion needed. Let them stay on the other side of the Narrow Sea.

That would make me the Wristslayer :stillsick: :stillsick: :stillsick:

:spank:

Two of the potentials turns I see for Jaime's story takes him North.

He is already in the Riverlands, so its very feasible he might make his way to Greywater Watch. If he were to discover that R+L=J, then yes I could see him supporting Jon for the throne.

No Dany or Tyrion needed. Let them stay on the other side of the Narrow Sea.

:spank:

true it doesn't need Tyrion and Dany but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens this way

If Jaime goes north, does he still need to worry about losing his head to Karstark loyalists? Would the new Magnar of Thenn, Alys' new husband, present it to her as a gift? Her hand was promised for Jaime's head after all.....

He will be in disguise up until the moment he reveals himself to Roose.

Archived