Casting Dunk & Egg?

ser_basil

Posted it on the General forum and got a suggestion that it would perhaps fit better in the TV series forum. I don't think Dunk & Egg would make it to the screen for HBO in the near future (or at all). However, I do usually visualize the characters either from my original impression on previously done artwork that is available. If Dunk & Egg did see the light of the day, who would play some of the lead characters?

For BloodRaven, I can't help but go with the guy who played Prince Nuada in the Hellboy2. My imaginary bloodraven looks a lot like that.

Who should play Dunk? I do hope no one suggests Dwayne Johnson :-D. An actor with the physicals of Jason Momoa, but who can play the lead role would be ideal. A less popular, younger Hugh Jackman or someone like Armie Hammer would be ideal. (Karl Urban for an older Dunk given many characters have been "aged" for the TV show?)

Who should play Bittersteel, Baelor and Maekar ?? (Got Paul McGann as a suggestion for Prince Baelor)

I know I'm slightly off-topic, but I always liked to imagine D&E as an animated series. Not sure exactly why. I guess when compared to ASOIAF it's a lot more relaxed and simpler. Also, there's practically no sex scenes so far, and the violence isn't too explicit (apart from some brain spillage and open bone fractures xD).

I know I'm slightly off-topic, but I always liked to imagine D&E as an animated series. Not sure exactly why. I guess when compared to ASOIAF it's a lot more relaxed and simpler. Also, there's practically no sex scenes so far, and the violence isn't too explicit (apart from some brain spillage and open bone fractures xD).

i think itd work best as such to be honest as well...

Hell no, dead fucking serious. Will Smith would have been awesome (20 years ago). What, "Black" actors can't play "White" characters?

Please, make your suggestion, and then think about who you would rather pay to see staring in "The Hedge Knight".

Posted it on the General forum and got a suggestion that it would perhaps fit better in the TV series forum. I don't think Dunk & Egg would make it to the screen for HBO in the near future (or at all). However, I do usually visualize the characters either from my original impression on previously done artwork that is available. If Dunk & Egg did see the light of the day, who would play some of the lead characters?

For BloodRaven, I can't help but go with the guy who played Prince Nuada in the Hellboy2. My imaginary bloodraven looks a lot like that.

Who should play Dunk? I do hope no one suggests Dwayne Johnson :-D. An actor with the physicals of Jason Momoa, but who can play the lead role would be ideal. A less popular, younger Hugh Jackman or someone like Armie Hammer would be ideal. (Karl Urban for an older Dunk given many characters have been "aged" for the TV show?)

Who should play Bittersteel, Baelor and Maekar ?? (Got Paul McGann as a suggestion for Prince Baelor)

Glad to see you took my advice. & mentioned my suggestion.

Hell no, dead fucking serious. Will Smith would have been awesome (20 years ago). What, "Black" actors can't play "White" characters?

Please, make your suggestion, and then think about who you would rather pay to see staring in "The Hedge Knight".

Because I disagree that Will Smith would be a terrible choice it's because he's black? Jesus. He's a terrible choice because:

1) He's not big enough

2) His accent wouldn't work

3) His strength is not acting humble or showing humility.

4) 20 years ago he played The Fresh Presh of Bel-Air and made half serious rap. The effect of transitioning directly to a completely different and unfamiliar genre would be too jarring. It would be like casting Jim Carrey after Ace Ventura as Jaime Lannister.

No opinion on Jaden Smith, I've seen him in nothing.

20 year ago Will Smith was in Independance Day and Men in Black (fine, 17 years ago).

Dunk is tall (can be faked on screen), but was he considered "big"? I don't remember reading that. He certainally wasn't a mountain, so he's not overly muscled.

Not sure what accent for Flea Bottom we're using. I agree it'd be distracting seeing a name actor with a false accent.

I think Will Smith can be great as a humble, "Aw, Shucks" kind of action guy, unsure about his standing and how to deal with kings/lords/knights and a squire who won't go away.

The criteria for casting Dunk gives me doubts these stories will ever be made. I mean I just don't think there is anyone who is 7 feet tall young, handsome, athletic and a good actor. The person who plays Dunk has to be on screen 95% of the time. You need a good actor not just a stunt man.

Liam Neeson is Baelor in my head, though I've been spoilt by the comics and think that a range of actors should be subjected to risky elective surgeries in order to look like that, maybe have Mike Miller assist, and we pick the best out of those (okay that's enough joking) As for Maekar, well, have you seen Arnold Schwarzenegger now he has a white beard? No seriously, I saw him and thought he'd make a good Maekar especially as the character is supposed to be the powerfully built, a good 'anvil' to Neeson's 'Hammer'? T'would never happen and i know these actors are in their sixties and the characters are in their forties, as well as the age difference between the two being the wrong way round, I'm not suggesting we pitch this to HBO or anything but yeah I think it would be reasonably good

(Why don't HBO make the Dunk and Egg books as one off specials shown at Christmas, seriously just to get us through till the spring???)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Jared Padalecki http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/ackles-double/jared-padalecki-jensen-ackles-double-date-in-vancouver-02.jpg (6' 4''). He is 31yo, but so is the actress who plays Margaery Tyrell. I don't think that age is such a problem.

Fuck yeah man, that's what i was about to say!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0655585/

And for the young Fireball's son:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0666739/

A young Will Smith would have been perfect for Dunk - 20-odd years ago. Will Smith, as he is now, won't be, but I don't think that's what the original poster was going for. I don't see what's wrong with the suggestion as, as far as we know, no one has invented a time machine that can make this anything but pure wishful thinking.

Statistically speaking, it would be easiest to find and cast a talented 6'11'' young black guy to play the role of Dunk. Unless, of course, the idea of casting Dunk as a PoC would just "not sell tickets". <eye roll>

Moving beyond Dunk, who would be a perfect Egg? Probably some unknown child actor, I guess, like the Stark children in the HBO series. Funny enough, I think Sean Bean would have been excellent as Bealor Breakspear. Impossible now, of course.

I think a redheaded Emma Roberts would be a cool Red Widow.

Archived