Popular theories you hope WON'T be proved

WeddinGuest

I'm hoping against the fAegon theory. Bringing the Blackfyres into the Game is just one more complexity level to drag the story farther from conclusion...

I actually prefer fAegon because of my distaste for secret Targs other than Jon Snow. Sure you could argue whether an Aegon Blackfyre would count as a secret Targ or not, but I think that having TWO sons of Rhaegar living is a bit too much.

I suspect that Aegon will be proven to be a fake, or that at least, this will be widely suspected enough that it leads to his eventually losing the bid for the IT. Although since GRRM has stated that the IT will change hands more than once between ADWD and the end, he may hold the IT for a short time. It's also possible that his true identity will remain shrouded in mystery.

However, I'd be disappointed if he's still on the IT at the end, unless perhaps the significance of sitting the IT has been diminished enough by then, that it actually makes sense for a last-minute contender to end up with it.

just imagine......one night of marital troubles could be the end of Arya....... http://m.imgur.com/khOdg

She's one of the first characters he came up with and he said:

Some major characters — yes, I always had plans, what Tyrion's arc was gonna be through this, what Arya's arc was gonna be through this, what Jon Snow's arc is gonna be. I knew what the principal deaths were gonna be, and when they were coming. That would be the closest thing.

http://observationdeck.io9.com/george-r-r-martin-the-complete-unedited-interview-886117845

A few of the most damning lines are in the beginning. Frozen with needle, lone wolf dies, Jon's dream about the crypts that only bring up characters who have later died, princess dies comment is in ACoK. Some of the other ones are later but I think he created her roughly knowing what would happen and what her end was going to be. He may have not known the exact details though. In the latest VF interview he was asked by the show creators what her destination was so he already knows.

I think I accepted the Jojen paste when I first read it, it doesnt bother me anymore :dunno:

I hate the idea of any Lannister being a Targ, and hate the fAgeon idea. I find it easier to swallow that the kid was switched before he died then I do that he is a fake

Tyrion being a Targ. I hate that theory.

I mean, come on, he's a LANNISTER.

Amen. He's Tywin's son, as Genna so clearly pointed out. Granted, he could have Targaryen blood via his mother. I'd accept that before I accept that he's Aerys' son.

Amen. He's Tywin's son, as Genna so clearly pointed out. Granted, he could have Targaryen blood via his mother. I'd accept that before I accept that he's Aerys' son.

Or Tywin's mother.

We know nothing about Tytos Lannister's wife, or Tywin's mother. She might have been a Targ, maybe a second cousin to the heir of the throne or something, and the Targ features skipped a generation.

Arya dying. IT'S NOT HAPPENING AND SHE WILL SURVIVE! Haters can keep dreaming.

Jojen paste. The evidence so really feeble to me.

Jon and Dany falling in love and either ruling happily ever after with a son Rhaegar Eddard Stark Tagaryen or with Dany giving birth to the long named son and dying with Jon weeping next to her dead body. Just NO! I'll barf in my mouth and burn my books if this happens.

I actually prefer fAegon because of my distaste for secret Targs other than Jon Snow.

Yeah, we really do take things too far with all the secret Targs, warging, and glamouring, and Faceless men.

One secret Targ, one FM is disguise, one major character being a glamour, and one major thing happening when a character (who is a know Warg, not jay any random Stark) doing something while a wolf, is all fine. But when there are Faceless men and warts all over the place, and anyone who has blonde hair or a gemstone on their person "is not who they appear" it becomes a bad creative writing assignment a grade six student handed in and was told to edit. We take the family bloodline magic too far too IMHO.

I loathe the idea of the Others being non-evil. Those you few who seem to hate the idea of happy endings (and probably haven't buried loved ones) may like the idea of night falling forever, or the others secretly being good, or fan favorite character X dying horribly, maybe likely to get your wish, but it doesn't mean Its right. Nothing would make throw ADoS into the fire faster than there being NO happy endings or the Others not being evil. Can there be good Others? Sure. Can they have a vaguely sympathetic motive? Why not. But at the end, they're baby stealing, corpse raising, soul stealing bad guys.

I also hate the idea of no happy endings what-so-ever. It doesn't have to be, "Dany and Jon were married, ruled well for a hundred years, and had a dozen children." It can be things as simple as Davos getting to go home to his wife and remaining sons. It could be Sam visiting Gilly and Mance's son at Horn Hill. A Stark (ANY Stark) rebuilding Winterfell. Edmure and his child not being captive forever. SOMETHING, ANYTHING.

That's it for me. All of the other theories aren't going to upset me too much one way or the other. I just don't want it to be an, "and everyone died" ending. That would turn it into a Shakespearian Tragedy, and THAT is trope that has been done to death as much or more than Arthurian "destined to rule" has.

Roose being some kind of vampire or servant of the Others. I know some people like the idea, but it detracts from his charm IMO. A high functioning sociopath is less interesting if you explain their deviant personality and oddball quirks with the supernatural.

Roose being some kind of vampire or servant of the Others. I know some people like the idea, but it detracts from his charm IMO. A high functioning sociopath is less interesting if you explain their deviant personality and oddball quirks with the supernatural.

Now that you mention it, I agree. I think it works better if he's just a high functioning sociopath. While I think the Others should be evil, evil isn't a trait only possessed by the Others. Think about the line from Harry Potter, "not all evil people are Death Eaters".

I desperately don't want to see a reunion between Arya and Gendry. Even worse would be if they also ended up together in that sickeningly disgusting teenage romance so many people crave around here.

I want Arya to be independent for a very long time and after that find some one else in either Essos or in Dorne where she actually will be free to be whom she is. Some random Braavosi would do quite nicely or perhaps some one like Trystane Martell or Edric Dayne.

What is GNC? It isn't in the abbreviation thread for noobs.

Also can someone explain Theon Durden?

Theon Durden is the theory that Theon has developed multiple personalities and is unknowingly responsible for the murders of the Boltons' men at Winterfell, and that he himself may be the hooded man he encounters there. Sorry, can't help with GNC, I'm in the dark there too.

I hate Theon Durden. Ugh ugh ugh. P.S. Ugh.

Any Lannister being a secret Targ.

Tyrion riding a dragon.

Ashara Dayne and Howland Reed are a happily married crannogcouple.

Dany sits the IT.

Dany marries Jon or gives birth to his baby.

For the posters who asked GNC = Great Northern Conspiracy.

Archived