Popular theories you hope WON'T be proved

WeddinGuest

Victarion as a Dragonrider, Victarion as Dany's husband, or Tyrion as Dany's husband. Just...no.

Also, any Lannister being a Targaryen cheapens the story.

Any situation where this becomes a song of Jon and Jon, featuring Jon Stark and Jon Targaryen and Jon Snow. If it becomes centralised on just him (or any one character) i am out

:bs: :thumbsup:

The Darkstar is working with Doran theory is really starting to annoy me. Like Doran the super cautious over planner would risk cutting Myrcella's face half off. She could get an infection!

And I would be really pissed at him if he were still lying to Arianne. But I'm a fan girl.

R+L=J is something I hope is false. First because so many people at this point take it as being fact so I'd love it for the pure shock factor. Secondly because I always took one of the major themes of ASOIAF to be that just because these people are born into a house or have certain blood doesn't make them fit to rule or special in anyway. The Tyrells farts don't smell like roses, etc. Everyone in reality is a normal human being with real flaws and attributes. If Jon Snow having Targ blood is that important to the story and makes him great doesn't that kind of ruin the lesson. Just my opinion. I'd prefer if Jons parentage stays ambiguous and we are never outright told but receive more subtle hints that point to Rhaegar and Lyanna while not making it an important part of the plot.

R+L=J is something I hope is false. First because so many people at this point take it as being fact so I'd love it for the pure shock factor. Secondly because I always took one of the major themes of ASOIAF to be that just because these people are born into a house or have certain blood doesn't make them fit to rule or special in anyway. The Tyrells farts don't smell like roses, etc. Everyone in reality is a normal human being with real flaws and attributes. If Jon Snow having Targ blood is that important to the story and makes him great doesn't that kind of ruin the lesson. Just my opinion. I'd prefer if Jons parentage stays ambiguous and we are never outright told but receive more subtle hints that point to Rhaegar and Lyanna while not making it an important part of the plot.

Most readers don't even know about R+L=J so it'd be a surprise to them.

Most readers don't even know about R+L=J so it'd be a surprise to them.

You disputed one aspect of my entire post, on top of that it was the least important part of my post. Most everyone on these boards know about it and it's been proposed in a variety of articles about the books outside of these boards so I would say it's fair to say a decent amount of the fans of a ASOIAF have atleast heard of R+L=J. I had heard of it before I joined these boards or had an interest in ASOIAF theories in general so it's definetly one of the more public ideas. But I digress as that was not at all the point of my original post.

Jon becoming King of anything. I don't know what is so great about being King in a place like Westeros it's a new kind of hell and you and your bloodline have a target painted on your back and your seat/power base is basically a shitty corrupt environment and you have a ugly seat for a throne.

The Lannisters as Targaryens is a unsupportive theory that I refuse to acknowledge or believe.

I believe that Jon snow has targaryen blood , but i hope he doesn't end up on the iron throne.

Even if Howland Reed tells Jon Snow what really happened, i'd doubt anyone would believe him just because him or howland says he is a targaryen. I hope Jon Snow just stays at the nights watch, if the wall doesn't fall/be destroyed.

I hope there's no other secret targaryens in the series, as well.

You disputed one aspect of my entire post, on top of that it was the least important part of my post. Most everyone on these boards know about it and it's been proposed in a variety of articles about the books outside of these boards so I would say it's fair to say a decent amount of the fans of a ASOIAF have atleast heard of R+L=J. I had heard of it before I joined these boards or had an interest in ASOIAF theories in general so it's definetly one of the more public ideas. But I digress as that was not at all the point of my original post.

I for one saw it on at least ten different websites before even finding this forum. They were popular websites, too. Tons of people saw the articles about R+L=J just like me. Plus, it's not like the part of the fandom that supports the theory is keeping it a big secret from everyone else. The fanart and fanfiction is rampant on fanfiction sites like Archives of Our Own and art sites like Deviantart. The tag on tumblr is filled to the brim. It's not as big as a secret as people think, especially when you have hundreds and hundreds of the theory's supporters all over the internet telling people about it and posting fics about the reveal of Jon's parentage, fanart about Rhaegar and Lyanna and baby Jon, what-if Rhaegar won the war and Lyanna lived fics, and so on.

A lot of people by now have at least heard of it. The theory isn't isolated to this one site.

I know that it's unlikely, but I would like it if Tyrion was actually the valonqar.

Yes, self-fulfilling prophecies are kind of a cliche, but in a universe where a.) prophecies exist (and therefore influence the behavior of characters) and b.) can't be averted, they'll have to be self-fulfilling to a certain degree.

Genna was right to fear Tyrion. He's really the last person I'd want besides a girl queen who has dragons. A highly intelligent cynic like him, who has given up on trying to impress the world with good deeds...

Some R+L=J supporters take it too far. What else is new. In my case, I doubt in means he'll be a magic messiah. It's simply an answer to the mystery of his parentage. It makes the Robert's Rebellion so much more tragic. It add to Ned's character so much. And it represent yet another test for Jon's vows.

But yeah, we're so convinced of this theory it would serve us right if it turned out to be wrong. The anger would be so awesome it would be almost worth it.

Some R+L=J supporters take it too far. What else is new. In my case, I doubt in means he'll be a magic messiah. It's simply an answer to the mystery of his parentage. It makes the Robert's Rebellion so much more tragic. It add to Ned's character so much. And it represent yet another test for Jon's vows.

But yeah, we're so convinced of this theory it would serve us right if it turned out to be wrong. The anger would be so awesome it would be almost worth it.

The internet backlash would probably crash this site and all of tumblr for 24 hours. The laughing of those who refused to believe it, or just weren't all that hardcore about the theory, would echo the earth. It would be gloriously upsetting!

Tyrion being a Targ.

Rhaegar and Lyanna being married (I still think they are Jon's parents and want them to be, but I prefer he stays a Snow).

Also Dany as Cersei/Aerys 2.0. Even if she goes mad (witch I would not be happy with too much), let it Be her own way. After all Baelor the Blessed was as mad as Aerys II but in no way similar.

Oh and the worst GRRM will change the plot in response to fan speculation - that would be really awful :bawl:

Edit: spelling

Septa Lemore being Ashara Dayne would be dissatisfying. Ashara Dayne being alive at all would be dissatisfying.

The tragedy of her dying is approaching poetic in how well it was crafted/written. To undo that with a fake suicide and other excuses would cheapen that tragedy.

Archived