[Book spoilers] Whats the big event going to be in S05E09?

Bettley

I think the bigger question is where will everyone's storyline be in Episode 9. My predicitions:

Daenerys and Tyrion = Daznak's Pit

Cersei = Walk of Shame

Arya = Arya leaves for her first apprenticeship

Jon and Melisandre = Melisandre sees the vision of Jon's stabbing in the flames

Stannis, Theon, and Ramsay = Beginning of Battle of Winterfell

Jaime, Brienne, Sansa, and Bran = ?

Yup, agree with the Winterfell battle episode 9, and then Pink letter episode 10. My unsullied friends are going to laugh in my face once Jon reads that Stannis has died, and I'll have to act like it makes me sad.

Cersei's walk of shame will be weird, because she hasn't done any nude scenes up until now. So I think they might even just skip it, if she doesn't want to do the nude walk of shame, and make it more like a Ned thing, where people through rocks and shit at her as she walks King's Landing.

Either way, this next season can either be a great one, or a terrible one. I hope it's a great one. :D

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, Lena Headey has said that she is willing to do nude scenes but only if they have some meaning to them. Not just nudity for nudity's sake. I believe the Walk of Shame falls into that category.

Daznak's Pit cannot happen in Episode 10. Dany has to fly off on Drogon before Episode 10, because Tyrion will likely spend Episode 10 escaping from his imprisonment, meaning that Daznak's Pit and Dany flying has to come earlier; I think it's safe to say that he won't end the season still a slave. And if Dany's Daznak Pit is a Dracarys-level moment for her, it will happen at the end of the episode, and no earlier; since putting it at the end of Episode 10 would mean that Tyrion would still be a slave, that rules out Episode 10 for Daznak's Pit.

I do think Daznak's Pit will likely take place in Episode 9. I can't see it happening much earlier due to all the Tyrion material the show has to get through to get him to Daznak's Pit, and I doubt it will be later for the reasons I mentioned.

You may be right there but I don't know about "cannot". I think it'd make a great final scene, and they could very well end the season with Tyrion still a slave. There is nothing to stop them leaving Tyrion's escape from slavery for S06E01. I agree that is is either the end of 9 or the end of 10.

Dazmak's pit for sure. Cersei's walk of shame will be ep 8 or 10 if it's even included. There are ways that you can shoot a scene like that without showing too much (I know Lena has a tattoo anyway).

Possibly we'll get the start of the battle for Winterfell bur that might come earlier depending on how long the battle actually takes in the book - expect Theon to have escaped by ep 8.

The pit will definitely be a final scene of episode moment, so maybe they'll do it ep 8 and isolate the battle for Winterfell in a single episode (like I said it depends how the battle plays out in the book whether this is a viable option).

Dazmak's pit for sure. Cersei's walk of shame will be ep 8 or 10 if it's even included. There are ways that you can shoot a scene like that without showing too much (I know Lena has a tattoo anyway).Possibly we'll get the start of the battle for Winterfell bur that might come earlier depending on how long the battle actually takes in the book - expect Theon to have escaped by ep 8.The pit will definitely be a final scene of episode moment, so maybe they'll do it ep 8 and isolate the battle for Winterfell in a single episode (like I said it depends how the battle plays out in the book whether this is a viable option).

In fact, scratch that, Dany in the Pit for either end of ep 8 or somewhere in ep 9, Jon's assassination for ep 9 final scene.

I could be wrong, but from what I've heard, Lena Headey has said that she is willing to do nude scenes but only if they have some meaning to them. Not just nudity for nudity's sake. I believe the Walk of Shame falls into that category.

She's said that she has wanted to keep clothes on because it fits the kind of power Cersei has. She said she thinks the Walk of Shame will be in season 5 and says it'll be a more shocking scene because it's the first time Cersei is seen naked and completely stripped of power. It seems she has no problems going bald either.

http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-6/exclusive-lena-headey-game-thrones-and-shooting-cersei-scene

:D Good, then we finally get to see her naked.... I mean, it's good their doing it just like the book. :D

I do not like the idea of the Walk of Shame and Daznak's Pit taking place in the same episode. It does not really work dramatically either.

Far better for the Walk of Shame to take place as the conclusion to the eighth episode and follow by taking a break from King's Landing in episode 9, during which we would get Daznak's Pit and Theon's escape.

I do not like the idea of the Walk of Shame and Daznak's Pit taking place in the same episode. It does not really work dramatically either.

Far better for the Walk of Shame to take place as the conclusion to the eighth episode and follow by taking a break from King's Landing in episode 9, during which we would get Daznak's Pit and Theon's escape.

I am curious - what bothers you about pairing the Pit with the Walk? In both cases, a powerful woman loses power and control - they are thematically linked.

I am curious - what bothers you about pairing the Pit with the Walk? In both cases, a powerful woman loses power and control - they are thematically linked.

Too much happening in one episode. I much prefer allowing each scene to have room to breathe. Also, by having them in the same episode, one necessarily cannot be the concluding scene, something I think both of them deserve.

Ideally, I would reserve the last ten to twelve minutes from episode eight and nine for those two scenes. And now that I think about, I think it might be better if Daznak's Pit takes place in episode eight and the Walk of Shame in episode nine. There should be an entire episode between Daenerys appearances, and since she will have to appear in episode ten, it would be better if she disappears at the end of episode eight.

Daznak's Pit and the Walk of Shame are two big sequences, and absent finales, the show likes to spread the big moments out. The writers used this approach in Season 4 and it worked pretty well, in my opinion.

I can see the season ending with a more contained episode, while episode nine wraps up the majority of the story lines for the season.

Nine would contain Dany flying off on Drogon, Cersei's walk of shame, and the battle between Stannis and the Bolton's (which would end ambiguously), among other plot threads (Brienne, Arya, etc.).

The season finale would open with Jon receiving the pink letter and deciding to intervene, and end with his 'murder' at the hands of his brothers, his eyes turning white as the final image. In between we would get the battle of Meereen (featuring Tyrion, Barristan, Daario, etc.), Dany meeting with a Dothraki horde, and Bran's visions (including a return of Sean Bean in the godswood at Winterfell and the Tower of Joy, and maybe even the Knight of the Laughing Tree in some form), with the battle itself taking up approximately half of the episode all told.

I can see the season ending with a more contained episode, while episode nine wraps up the majority of the story lines for the season.

Nine would contain Dany flying off on Drogon, Cersei's walk of shame, and the battle between Stannis and the Bolton's (which would end ambiguously), among other plot threads (Brienne, Arya, etc.).

The season finale would open with Jon receiving the pink letter and deciding to intervene, and end with his 'murder' at the hands of his brothers, his eyes turning white as the final image. In between we would get the battle of Meereen (featuring Tyrion, Barristan, Daario, etc.), Dany meeting with a Dothraki horde, and Bran's visions (including a return of Sean Bean in the godswood at Winterfell and the Tower of Joy, and maybe even the Knight of the Laughing Tree in some form), with the battle itself taking up approximately half of the episode all told.

YES!!!

That'd be fantastic ,but do they have the budget to have two big battles in one season?

I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped one or two big events to S06, they have an outline of what happens, but they'll still have to make up a lot stuff to flesh it out.

I agree that dragon riding makes a much better climactic end scene than another snowy battle.

I'm still torn about what I want. I really don't like the idea of s5 ending with jon's stabbing, so I'm going to try to work around that.

e9 will be more like s1 and s3, where there were a bunch of stories that had climaxes. I think jon's stabbing should happen at the end of e9, so dany and the pit should either happen right before that scene, or the episode before because that is a great episode ender.

I like the idea of this episode starting with theon's sample chapter or maybe him arriving to stannis and more battle set-up. then we can have cersei's walk of shame. then maybe some other event, bran maybe. sansa?

manderleys and freys march out and stannis prepares for battle. this is the last we see of that story this episode. then barristan, but finish with the ides of marsh.

I am in love with my idea that jon gets stabbed in this episode, then e10 starts with a shot of jon's body with warg eyes. this allows e9 to have the emotional impact it should, but doesn't leave people a whole year of wondering/being depressed about jon.

also, e10 could continue or wrap up the battle of winterfell, or at least the village.

I like the idea of Jon getting stabbed at the end of episode 9, but I feel like that pacing would be too fast. Plus if Jon getting stabbed, the Walk of Shame, and Daznak's Pit are all in one episode, that would be epic to the point to where my skull would explode like Prince Oberyn. Also Jon has a load of storyline to get through before being stabbed like:

- Stannis offering Jon legitimacy as the Lord of Winterfell

- Jon being selected as Commander of the Night's Watch

- Jon sending Sam and Gilly to Oldtown and beheading Janos Slynt

- Jon's interactions with Melisandre and the Burning of Mance/Rattleshirt

- Jon telling Stannis to get northern forces and Melisandre choosing to stay at the wall

- Jon learning of Melisandre's visions (The Daggers in the Dark) and sending Mance to find "Arya Stark"

- Jon hearing word of Stannis's victory at Deepwood Motte

- Jon negotiating with Tormund about the windings coming over the wall

- Jon receiving the letter from Ramsay about Stannis being stuck in the snow

Coming off of its most popular season (and fresh off of becoming HBO's most watched show ever), I don't think it would be a problem to feature two large-scale battle sequences in the coming season. I've mentioned this before, but from a logistical standpoint, I just don't see how they could move either of the two battles to the beginning of season six (to say nothing of the fact that, on a narrative level, this is where they belong).

Archived