Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 9 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

As I posted in V8, this is my prediction for Jon's storyline:

Episode 1 = Jon meets with Stannis and Davos. Stannis presents a letter to Jon offering him legitimacy as Lord of Winterfell, but Jon refuses. Stannis then wants Jon to convince the wildings to help him fight the Boltons.

Episode 2 = The Night’s Watch decide to vote on a having a new Lord Commander and Jon wins the election by a landslide.

Episode 4 = Jon beheads Janos Slynt after he refuses to follow orders. Melisandre burns Mance as a sacrifice to the Lord of Light.

Episode 5 = Stannis leaves Castle Black and marches south for Winterfell. Melisandre decides to stay and during the night attempts to seduce Jon.

Episode 6 = Jon, Melisandre, and the others gather around for Aemon’s Funeral. Melisandre looks into the flames and warns Jon of the Daggers of the Dark. Jon sends Tormund beyond the wall to negotiate with the Lord of Bones.

Episode 7 = Jon hears from Tormund that the wildlings want to pass through the wall and a majority of them are stuck at Hardhome. Jon makes the decision to travel to Hardhome.

Episode 8 = Jon and company sail to the fishing village known as Hardhome. The great battle occurs and The White Walkers reappear as Jon looks up.

Episode 9 = Jon returns to Castle Black with some wildlings, but the brothers are not happy. Jon and Sam decide to part ways Sam and Gilly begin their journey to Oldtown.

Episode 10 = When Jon receives the pink letter stating that Stannis is stuck in the snow, he convinces his brothers that they need to march south, but several turn on him and stab him muttering “For the Watch.”

Although I was a big proponent of Jon not being in the ep. after Hardhome, given that it now seems Sam is going to be with the NW in 508, I think if the Ides IS in 510 it would make more sense to have him and Sam go there separate ways in a short scene in 509. Otherwise they could just end both of their storylines with the parting of ways in 510 and save the mutiny till s6.

Saw on Carice's Instagram that she has some kind of GOT press day today or something. Anybody know anything about that or if any other actors are involved in something like that?

There was a VIP cocktail party last night at the GoT Exhibit in London, a few of the cast and HBO / Sky Atlantic bigwigs were there.

Sophie said that the Red Wedding is nothing compared to Season 5, which is interesting.

Sophie has a habit of getting slightly over-hyped for upcoming seasons in her interviews.

If she's being accurate though, I have to think there's going to be a bunch of deaths that haven't happened yet in the books. No matter how good Daznak's is, it and the other big AFFC/ADWD moments just don't compare to the RW.

Sophie has a habit of getting slightly over-hyped for upcoming seasons in her interviews.

If she's being accurate though, I have to think there's going to be a bunch of deaths that haven't happened yet in the books. No matter how good Daznak's is, it and the other big AFFC/ADWD moments just don't compare to the RW.

Maybe she is talking about Jon's death. That still could not compare to the RW though.

^^ Am I crazy or is there no need to send Gilly away? There's no Little Monster on the show, right?

Gilly has said she wants to stick with Sam, so if he's going, she'll go. There really doesn't need to be any other motive (though the Wall is not a safe place to raise a baby anyway).

Although I was a big proponent of Jon not being in the ep. after Hardhome, given that it now seems Sam is going to be with the NW in 508, I think if the Ides IS in 510 it would make more sense to have him and Sam go there separate ways in a short scene in 509. Otherwise they could just end both of their storylines with the parting of ways in 510 and save the mutiny till s6.

Perhaps Jon will have already made the decision to send Sam away before they leave Castle Black, but he wants Sam to come with him to the Hardhome mission first. This way Gilly could go along and wait at Eastwatch.

Maybe she is talking about Jon's death. That still could not compare to the RW though.

was thinking the same thing, if For the Watch is in the finale then yes it would be a big shock and probably the biggest in s5. But definitely wont reach the shock of the RW (still laugh at the unsullied reactions on youtube)

I have a hunch of what they might do that would be worse than the Red Wedding, but obviously if my speculation turns out to be true it's better left unsaid in case it does happen.

There may be more truth to what Sophie says than just puffery.

You mean for you. I found Daznak's more of a surprise than the RW.

I have a hunch of what they might do that would be worse than the Red Wedding, but obviously if my speculation turns out to be true it's better left unsaid in case it does happen.

There may be more truth to what Sophie says than just puffery.

Erm excuse me you can;t leave a bitch hanging. Explain your theory :dunce:

You mean for you. I found Daznak's more of a surprise than the RW.

I would say Daznak was the most exciting moment for me in the books but I wouldn't say it was the most shocking. For me, RW and LSH are on par for the most shocking. Dracarys and Daznak are mostly on par for amazement and excitement.

I think the RW was a little more shocking in the show than in the books, especially because of Talisa being pregnant and stabbed multiple times compared to Jeyne not even going to the Twins.

Daznak's Pit was the most exciting part of ADWD

For The Watch was the most of surprising part of ADWD

Walk of Shame was the most deserved but disturbing part of ADWD

But none of them are as shocking as the Red Wedding.

The fact that women don't belong at Castle Black and she would be safer with Sam is a good reason.

Unfortunately, there is no indication that Sam will become a maester on the show, if the concept art on the "Day in the Life" program can be believed.

Archived