The missing pieces regarding Robert's Rebellion and the disapearence of Lyanna

44 minutes ago, SFDanny said:

No, I emphasize the same amount secrecy for both. If they are a part of the Tower of Joy party they must maintain a very low profile while hidden there.

Isn't it an assumption that they are at the tower of joy for purposes of secrecy and hiding? I'm not sure that has been established to any reliable degree.

Foundation assumptions need to be treated with caution. We actually don't know why Rhaegar chose to go to that specific place, or even if he actually did choose to go there. But there's nothing to preclude the possibility that he was there for reason(s) not at all related to secrecy and/or hiding, which could expand our (potential) understanding of the entire story quite dramatically.

It's possible that Rhaegar was just a country boy at heart and liked to wake up to the tweeting of little birdies.

10 minutes ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

Isn't it an assumption that they are at the tower of joy for purposes of secrecy and hiding? I'm not sure that has been established to any reliable degree.

Foundation assumptions need to be treated with caution. We actually don't know why Rhaegar chose to go to that specific place, or even if he actually did choose to go there. But there's nothing to preclude the possibility that he was there for reason(s) not at all related to secrecy and/or hiding, which could expand our (potential) understanding of the entire story quite dramatically.

It's possible that Rhaegar was just a country boy at heart and liked to wake up to the tweeting of little birdies.

Maybe, but people can not find Rhaegar in the first months of the war, later White Bull spend a lot of effort to find him, then Rhaegar asked White bull to stay there, then he left and did not try to send more guards to TOJ to exchange KG back for his battle, so I have to say secrecy must be a big reason why he chose TOJ, which is just a small abandoned watchtower in the huge mountain. This does not sound attractive even for a country boy. 

8 hours ago, The Ned's Little Girl said:

Caution is always good, but doesn't mean evidence = no evidence. We have evidence that points to Rhaegar hiding such as Aerys being unable to find him after the removal of Lord Merryweather from office. That along with other clues makes a strong case for Rhaegar hiding from his father, from the Starks, the Baratheons, and others. But, of course, you know that. In this case mistaking pulling wild scenarios out of the air and equating them with scenarios with strong support is the greater problem. I'd urge caution in going down that road.

Besides, there is nothing incompatible with being a country boy who loves the song of birds with the need to hide out from people, some of who want to kill you.

Archived