American Gods on Starz

Mark Antony

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I finally got around to actually watching season two and it was entertaining enough, though i did need to binge watch it. If I had a week to think between episodes i wouldn’t have finished. The more I think about it the worse the season seems though, lots of boring sub plots that go nowhere, lots of side arcs that aren’t relevant, lots of flip-flopping characters and bizarre or poorly expressed motivations. At this stage on the show, there is no way Shadow should still be supporting Wednesday.

New Media is awful. And Mr. World...or should that be Miss............ttteeeeeeeeerrrrrr..........Woooooooooo.......rrrrrrrr........llllllll.......ddddddd. Jesus, just spit it out already, why does every sentence take half a day for him to say?

The finale was especially frustrating. Out of curiosity I looked up season three and they are moving on to yet another show runner. Yikes. Sounds like someone hasn’t been observing proper worship of the TV gods :P 

At this point I would rather it just be an anthology series that focuses on different gods each episode. The "Coming to America" parts were the best part of the series anyways.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I finally got around to actually watching season two and it was entertaining enough, though i did need to binge watch it. If I had a week to think between episodes i wouldn’t have finished. The more I think about it the worse the season seems though, lots of boring sub plots that go nowhere, lots of side arcs that aren’t relevant, lots of flip-flopping characters and bizarre or poorly expressed motivations. At this stage on the show, there is no way Shadow should still be supporting Wednesday.

I'm honestly not sure I could explain the narrative of season 2 now, it seemed very confused about what it was doing. I agree it seems even more obvious in the show that Shadow should have cut ties with Wednesday than it was in the book.

3 hours ago, williamjm said:

I'm honestly not sure I could explain the narrative of season 2 now, it seemed very confused about what it was doing. I agree it seems even more obvious in the show that Shadow should have cut ties with Wednesday than it was in the book.

Yeah, the plot was very confused. Basically they have a spin on the Merry Go Round, everyone heads to Cairo, the New Gods are....a thing, and then they collect various things for obscure reasons. And then New Media makes Wednesday, Shadow and Salim (Salim, of all people, not any of the other actually threatening God's) wanted criminals, Shadow gets sucked into Yggdrasil and somehow zaps them all to safety. 

And Easter disappeared because Wednesday killed her bunnies. (I will never get over this in-show explanation for Chenoweth's departure).

I do enjoy the cast, but the plot is just all over.

@Astromech I like the idea of a Coming to America anthology, they were definitely the most enjoyable parts of the show. The Sweeny episode of in season one was one of my favourites

Yeah, I remember feeling the same way about the book. Decent read, but the concepts were more interesting than the actual meandering plot. Hence my enjoyment of the Coming to America stories.

• 4 months later...

Archived