Strongboar vs the Hound

Floki of the Ironborn

Last time we see Lyle Crakehall, he claims that he will hunt for Sandor Clegane near Darry. Obviously he will never find Sandor, but out of curiosity, do you think he could take on Sandor Clegane if he did find him?

And I'm talking about Sandor Clegane before his serious injuries and his disappearance. If Sandor Clegane and Lyle Crakehall were both in their peak conditions and faced each other in a fight to the death, which of them would emerge victorious?

Sure, one would assume that Sandor has the upper hand, as the Cleganes seem to be giants among men, but Crakehalls are time and again shown to be powerfully built warriors. Lyle himself is compared to Robert Baratheon, who Jaime admits was stronger than himself. Granted, he also speaks highly of Sandor, but I just think it means that Strongboar would be a match for the Hound, and might even be able to defeat him.

What say you?

PS on a side note, he also claims he'll defeat the Blackfish. Presumably he'd be right if it came to a straight-up brawl, but if it came to jousting, who would win?

There are a very limited number of characters who could beat peak-condition Sandor, and the Strongboar is not one of them. He would need technical skills on two-handed Jaime's level to overcome the Hound's speed and ferociousness, and Lyle is not described as capable enough in that regard.

To the OP's extra question we don't have enough info on their riding capabilities, which is a big factor in jousting. My instinct would say Blackfish as he's probably a bit smarter, but again that's purely speculative.

Archived