2? Direwolves Left?

PrinceHenryris

Why 'show hate'? Lady and Grey Wind suffered the same fate in the books, and it's still perfectly possible for the same thing to happen to Summer and Shaggydog.

The main take-away I have from the loss of both Shaggydog and Summer so quickly is that Nymeria must still be alive in the show, and we will see her soon, likely in the Riverlands.

Lady and Grey Wind both died in the books too. It's probably bugdet wise and dragons are far more important against walkers. They may very well die in the next book too as Shaggy and Summer but in that kind of fashion. Also Nymeria must play significant role with her pack. Be prepared for Ghost's death because they way they've been killing them. Wouldn't be surprised if they off him and give Jon a dragon or simply kill him.

Nevertheless, surprised and depressed by the death of both Shaggydog and Summer so easrly on.

I hope the books have more scenes with them than the show, because this sucks big time.

I believe it is a show decision to cut the CGI budget more than an accuracy to books. As Rickon is prisoner to Ramsey, it was not very logical to keep Shaggydog alive. I expect the next book to be completely different concerning Rickon. I don't think the Boltons will keep Winterfell long. So Shaggydog could remain alive for an unspecified duration, possibly very long if Rickon end up the Lord of Winterfell.

IMO Summer is more to debate. And I feel the show has totally forgotten Nymeria.

Archived