The Flying Leap

He's always been portrayed as a weakling incapable of dealing with conflict, I think he'd rather kill himself than deal with the mess he and his mother created and so he goes out like the weakling he was. No lion or stag in him at all.

10 hours ago, Net-Viper X said:

I was glad to see the little backstabbing traitor go for selling out his own mother like that.

Tommen siding with the faith makes perfect sense when you realize, well, Cersei is actually guilty of everything they believe her to be and Tommen knows that.

Tommen went out an hero, as I think the kids these days are wont to say

It's actually a relatively respectable decision, under the (fictional! extreme!) circumstances - you're mother's a genocidal maniac, and now you're trapped as her puppet. You can either accept that, do your little dance, and thereby endorse the most terrible crime in history, or you can resign in protest. I say salud - nothing so became him as his exit, or whatever that phrase is.

• 1 month later...

I was kind of hoping that scene would cause Tommen's man switch to turn on, and he would order the arrest of his mother and the destruction of Frankenmountain.

Once this was done he would have a speedy "trial" for Cersei which would result in her death by beheading. It would be at this moment when Jamie and friends show up and talk him down at which there would be a scuffle and Tommen ends up killed.

On 6/26/2016 at 9:35 PM, C.T. Phipps said:

So, why do you think Tommen did it?

For me, it was a sacrifice rather than a suicide.

Albeit, one for pure spite.

Tommen would be a slave to his mother for the rest of his life so the only way to spite her victory was to kill himself.

It wasn't an act of despair but defiance.

He was a pubescent boy who had a gorgeous woman having sex with him, then she died. He committed suicide 

Archived