Ramsay wrote the pink letter

aryagonnakill#2

6 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

still not one person defending this awful theory has brought up that its not odd that the pink letter matches nothing of his previous letters and no speech pattern

Thats one out of 50 things and wont keep talking in circles I just really want to hear that point in specific. Also in dance the first letter stannis sends is in his words but "maesters writing" aka he has a maester who will do writings for him so not shocking he would do it again, thankfully threads like my sig exist

Why am I not surprised you ignore information you don't like?

Since your own "speech analysis" suggests that no one could have written the letter, but obviously someone did, your "speech analysis" is clearly invalid.

Fact 1 - According to your "speech analysis" only Theon is allowed to use the word whore.

Fact 2 - According to your "speech analysis" only wildlings are allowed to use the term "black crows".

Conclusion - Since both the word whore and the term "black crows" appear in the letter, and since Theon is not a wildling, no one would have been capable of writing such a letter.

Fact 3 - Someone did write the letter.

Conclusion - Your "speech analysis" is invalid, as it leads inevitably to a demonstrably wrong conclusion, and therefore the author of the letter must be determined via other means.

2 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Why am I not surprised you ignore information you don't like?

Since your own "speech analysis" suggests that no one could have written the letter, but obviously someone did, your "speech analysis" is clearly invalid.

Fact 1 - According to your "speech analysis" only Theon is allowed to use the word whore.

Fact 2 - According to your "speech analysis" only wildlings are allowed to use the term "black crows".

Conclusion - Since both the word whore and the term "black crows" appear in the letter, and since Theon is not a wildling, no one would have been capable of writing such a letter.

Fact 3 - Someone did write the letter.

Conclusion - Your "speech analysis" is invalid, as it leads inevitably to a demonstrably wrong conclusion, and therefore the author of the letter must be determined via other means.

If no one wrote the letter, it came from Braavos?

Truly? 

I think there's a possibility that Mance and Ramsey wrote the letter together that I didn't see mentioned in the OP.

Other than Ramsay, Mance is the character who has the most to gain from the Pink Letter: If Jon (or the Watch) agrees to his terms, he would get his son and sister-in-law back. And he would have sweet revenge on Stannis by watching him lose his daughter, wife and red witch to the Boltons. Stannis and Jon took everything from Mance, so he would be paying them back. 

I know what you're thinking: why would Ramsay get into an alliance with Mance instead of flaying him alive? Well, caught in Winterfell with his back against the wall, Mance would offer Ramsay the one thing he has to offer: the wildlings. The Free Folk could prove to a thorn on Ramsay's side, but Mance could presumably broker some kind of deal between them and the Warden of the North. 

"The law ends at the Wall, Your Grace. You could make good use of Mance."

Stannis ignored Jon's advice, but maybe the Boltons won't be so closed minded. 

So okay, Ramsay would be absolutely furious at Mance for stealing his bride, but Mance could blame that on Melisandre. He could say he was under the control of the witch, and IIRC he's got the ruby to prove it. 

As for why Mance would ally with a monster like Ramsay, even temporarily, well...survival, and the chance to get his son back. Maybe he even meant what he said and he no longer cares about the wildlings: 

"I'm done with those bloody fools." Rattleshirt tapped the ruby on his wrist. 

Mance's involvement would explain the pesky issue about some of the language used in the letter.

Hold up.  I haven't read almost all of this thread because while I appreciate what the OP is trying to do this argument is approaching tired argument levels that rival Lord Varys and FNR argue about all things of the North, but did someone just refer to the notion Ramsay wrote the letter as a theory?  That's when we've gone beyond the horizon my friends.

Ramsay as the author isn't a theory, it's the bedrock assumption the author is presenting us with.  Even if you disagree, that's like saying Wylla is Jon's mother or Tyrion is a Lannister is a theory.  What the Dickens I tell you.  What the Dickens!

57 minutes ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

I think there's a possibility that Mance and Ramsey wrote the letter together that I didn't see mentioned in the OP.

Other than Ramsay, Mance is the character who has the most to gain from the Pink Letter: If Jon (or the Watch) agrees to his terms, he would get his son and sister-in-law back. And he would have sweet revenge on Stannis by watching him lose his daughter, wife and red witch to the Boltons. Stannis and Jon took everything from Mance, so he would be paying them back. 

I know what you're thinking: why would Ramsay get into an alliance with Mance instead of flaying him alive? Well, caught in Winterfell with his back against the wall, Mance would offer Ramsay the one thing he has to offer: the wildlings. The Free Folk could prove to a thorn on Ramsay's side, but Mance could presumably broker some kind of deal between them and the Warden of the North. 

Stannis ignored Jon's advice, but maybe the Boltons won't be so closed minded. 

So okay, Ramsay would be absolutely furious at Mance for stealing his bride, but Mance could blame that on Melisandre. He could say he was under the control of the witch, and IIRC he's got the ruby to prove it. 

As for why Mance would ally with a monster like Ramsay, even temporarily, well...survival, and the chance to get his son back. Maybe he even meant what he said and he no longer cares about the wildlings: 

Mance's involvement would explain the pesky issue about some of the language used in the letter.

I thought I included in the OP that I am not against this idea, because whether Mance is working with him willingly or not, Ramsay is getting a lot of his info from Mance, but I'm too tired to check lol.

I definitely think that despite Mance having his back in a corner like you said, he is definitely a smart guy and Ramsay also has a hell of a lot of problems on his hands.  What I tried to draw some attention to is the logistical problems facing the Boltons despite their holding of WF and temporary numeric superiority, so having an ally like Mance even if temporary could be necessary for them.  That being said I am not washing my hands of the letter being straight forward, at least as far as Ramsay knows.  It is still the simplest explanation.

Archived