Greyscale What it have do with Others?

Black Dragons

Shirren have greyscale, Val the Wildlings Princess believe that she have it and only cure for it death. Jon Connington have it and now in Westeros. Dany have a vision of man on the ship sailing from Essos to Westeros with bright eyes and grey smile on his lips   What hell does all this means?.

People have wondered if greyscale is sufficiently death- adjacent that we living beings might be able to use it to mess with the Others somehow.   Anti Cold armor?   For an army who could hang in there against the dead?   Or throw them off our scent.  Or infect them.   Guaranteed good times just about any way you cut it.

5 hours ago, Sophia [email protected] said:

Shirren have greyscale, Val the Wildlings Princess believe that she have it and only cure for it death. Jon Connington have it and now in Westeros. Dany have a vision of man on the ship sailing from Essos to Westeros with bright eyes and grey smile on his lips   What hell does all this means?.

I always took Grey smile for Aeron Greyjoy.  I'd say more but it involves the Forsaken spoiler chapter. 

Not sure it means Grey scale.  Still I am sure John Snow will find a cure like he did for Cholera.

7 hours ago, Praetor Xyn said:

I like the theory that the maesters created greyscale as a form of biological warfare against the dragons.

Stone dragon anyone? :)

Greyscale is Garin's curse strongly linked to the water magic that the Rhoynar practiced. I don't think it has anything to do with the Others, but I seriously believe it behaves differently north to the Wall than south of it. Once the Wall falls the magic protection that makes greyscale less deadly will fall too and we will get greyplague.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:57 AM, Lord Wraith said:

I always took Grey smile for Aeron Greyjoy.  I'd say more but it involves the Forsaken spoiler chapter. 

Not sure it means Grey scale.  Still I am sure John Snow will find a cure like he did for Cholera.

I thought it was Aeron Greyjoy at first also but the "grey smile" part means greyscale so it Jon Connington.

On 2/2/2017 at 4:29 PM, Sophia [email protected] said:

The grey smile is most likely Aemon on the ship to Braavos, but as in almost every vision GRRM writes, it can have multiple meanings. 
the disease probably has nothing to do with the others, bit it will cause lots of fear, unrest, terror and death in westeros that will have a major effect on the overall plot of the books

Archived