Blount's own good time or Loras' hideout?

foxberlin

Jaime donned his cloak and went downstairs, where he found Ser Boros Blount having a cup of wine in the common room. “When you’re done with your drink, tell Ser Loras I’m ready to see her.” Ser Boros was too much of a coward to do much more than glower. “You are ready to see who?” “Just tell Loras.” “Aye.” Ser Boros drained his cup. “Aye, Lord Commander.” He took his own good time about it, though, or else the Knight of Flowers proved hard to find. Several hours had passed by the time they arrived, the slim handsome youth and the big ugly maid. Jaime was sitting alone in the round room, leafing idly through the White Book. “Lord Commander,” Ser Loras said, “you wished to see the Maid of Tarth?” “I did.” (ASOS)

Why is it important for us to know that several hours had passed? Together with Jaime we saw Blount finish his drink, so he instantly left to obey the order. What took so long?

Unreliable Blount,

Jaime not so respected as Lord Commander, 

Loras hidden somewhere with someone

Loras talking with Brienne. 

I think that if it was Blount, it's because he doesn't respect Jaime's role and if it was Loras maybe he was talking with Brienne.

1 hour ago, foxberlin said:

Why is it important for us to know that several hours had passed? Together with Jaime we saw Blount finish his drink, so he instantly left to obey the order. What took so long?

It is just more text reinforcing the fact that he is a crappy White cloak 

2 hours ago, foxberlin said:

What you seem to be asking is, "Where do hours go?"

8 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Loras talking with Brienne.

I thought about that, too. Only their relationship doesn't mirror a big change. Loras is still a bit unsure about Brienne's role in Renly's murder, when Jaime asks him. So what would Loras and Brienne talk about for hours if that matter isn't actually settled between them?

My feeling regarding Blount is that he maybe had to report someone and it was somehow important that Jaime gave him no direct order to bring Brienne. Regarding Loras, maybe he has found new love at court or is invested in political issues of a circle of people we still don't know of?

Plus, I wonder how easy it is to free a highborn prisoner for a member of the Kingsguard without direct order from Lord Commander or any member of the royal family. Jaime had to be delicate with this special prisoner, letting Tommen sign a letter no one knows of, preparing a horse packed with gold for no defined purpose and sending a septa to stuff out Brienne. Probably all that was a matter of time.

Archived