Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
madscientist596

Wild Thought

4 posts in this topic

Is the Elder Brother on the island with the 'gravedigger'  possibly Rhaegar Targaryn?

Although the story is he was a common night--since he floated down the Trident, his backstory could be false.  The description seems to match someone of some import and he does have skill at healing.

If the "Dragon has 3 heads" and right now we appear to be missing a candidate (or we aren't):

If I follow Qauith's advice and assume (and it is a big leap) that Aegon is a false dragon, then we could be in need of a third (assuming John Snow and Dany are the first 2).

It has been suggested from time to time that he might be Rhaegar - after all its a good rule of thumb in this story that unless the corpse is discovered in one corner of the room and a recognisable head in the opposite corner, then you can't guarantee that a character is dead. Even then death aint what it used to be.

All that being said, the Elder Brother doesn't strike me as someone itching to fulfill prophecies and raise his banners.

14 hours ago, madscientist596 said:

Is the Elder Brother on the island with the 'gravedigger'  possibly Rhaegar Targaryn?

According to GRRM:

[What happened to Rhaegar's body?]

Rhaegar was cremated, as is traditional for fallen Targaryens.

So if you think GRRM is honest, Rhaegar is dead and gone.

11 hours ago, JNR said:

According to GRRM:

So if you think GRRM is honest, Rhaegar is dead and gone.

I wouldnt say he is 'honest' *heh* but yeah.  You killed it.  Madscientist knows nothing.  It is known.