Best in Bed?

No Ser

Evidence, please?

Evidence, please?

We don't see him committing rape "on screen" as it were, even Martin can only make a total bastard so sympathetic. But are we really supposed to believe that one of Tywin's dogs is really not guilty of it? The Hound is definitely a pitiless killer and violent drunk. His confession to Arya regarding Sansa makes it sound very much like he came close to raping her. Certainly his confrontations would count as assault in modern terms and there is precious little of romance in his advances. He may have some decency but when drunk, I think he's capable of having raped Sansa.

Actually, as much as I reallyreallyreally want to debate this (I've had key points saved on my hard drive for a month, if that tells you anything; yes, I'm that sad), I don't want to hijack the thread. But I don't see why Sandor should be a surprising choice due to his quasi-violent nature, while Asha's is counted in the plus column.

There is a difference between being capable of violence and being an all around violent person. A lot of choices are capable of being violent as many of them are in fact warriors and soldiers. But whereas some are capable of committing violence, most are not violent by habit. Sandor Clegane is vicious most all the time and his most tender is just sort of criminal.

PS: I wouldn't consider Asha's behavior as a positive point, either.

There are a lot who like underage boys as well - Jon's only 16/17, don't forget.

Nope, he's perfectly legal in NZ :lol: The age of consent is 16 here. Sansa and Arya ain't, though. And I still find it rather disturbing people are thinking of girls as young as Arya sexually. :ack:

Sandor Clegane? Not my cup of tea, but if you go for the whole Phantom of the Opera romance I kind of get you. Actually, no, not really. He's a twisted, bitter man who's got too much emotional baggage for me to handle. This is a man who wants to commit fratricide... but Gregor certainly deserves it, I guess.

Too icky to think-of-in-that-way list:

Tyrion Lannister. I'm sorry, Tyrion-lovers. He's witty and charming (in his own way) and hilarious as well as being almost decent, but I cannot imagine having sex with him. Call me discriminatory all you like. *hangs head in shame*

Walder Frey. That man passed his expiry date a long time ago, as well as being a detestable little stoat.

Biter, Rorge, etc.

Any of the Bloody Mummers. Yeuch!

Gregor Clegane. 'Nuff said.

All the underage and waaaaay too old guys (like Maester Pycelle - when I read about that scene where his beard gets hacked off and there was a naked girl in his bed, I nearly retched).

But are we really supposed to believe that one of Tywin's dogs is really not guilty of it? The Hound is definitely a pitiless killer and violent drunk.

There's a difference between killing and torturing. Is there any indication that Sandor draws out his victims' deaths? That he takes pleasure from their suffering? Even Jaime Lannister doesn't think so. Sandor is a dog, not a cat. He doesn't play with his mice.

His confession to Arya regarding Sansa makes it sound very much like he came close to raping her.... He may have some decency but when drunk, I think he's capable of having raped Sansa.

If Sandor honestly wanted to rape her, he had the perfect opportunity. Instead, he cried and ran away. In fact, he had three perfect opportunities, perhaps even more. And he never touched her. Not even her breasts. You know, those breasts that seem to have more screen time than a lot of minor characters in the series.

Of course, neither do I buy into the opposing theory: that Sandor was just trying to goad Arya into killing him. Cause there are sooo many worse things he could have said than "I should have..." How about, "I did fuck her bloody and then I bit her fingers off and just when she thought it was over, I made her watch a Hillary Duff video! Muahahaha!"

I wouldn't consider Asha's violence a personality plus. But I can certainly understand why some guys would see it as a kinky plus. After all, the question isn't, "Who would you want to cuddle?" but rather, "Who's best between the sheets?"

And while Sandor may have the face of the Phantom of the Opera (musical version, at least), I've always seen Littlefinger more in that role. The classy, obsessive, romantic genius. Mmm.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

There's a difference between killing and torturing. Is there any indication that Sandor draws out his victims' deaths? That he takes pleasure from their suffering? Even Jaime Lannister doesn't think so. Sandor is a dog, not a cat. He doesn't play with his mice.

I'm not sure why this all of a sudden became about torture. But to answer, now Clegane's not a torturer. Just some one that sees no reason to not to kill his fellow man. And he's killed a lot.

If Sandor honestly wanted to rape her, he had the perfect opportunity. Instead, he cried and ran away. In fact, he had three perfect opportunities, perhaps even more. And he never touched her. Not even her breasts. You know, those breasts that seem to have more screen time than a lot of minor characters in the series.

The first two are when he's at least nominally loyal. He could have done it but it would have ruined him. The last time he didn't simply because Sansa showed him a little pity. Otherwise he probably would have.

I wouldn't consider Asha's violence a personality plus. But I can certainly understand why some guys would see it as a kinky plus. After all, the question isn't, "Who would you want to cuddle?" but rather, "Who's best between the sheets?"

Oh, I can understand the allure of a "dangerous" woman well enough. But I think Asha is on the wrong side of the warrior woman - murderess line.

Nope, he's perfectly legal in NZ :lol: The age of consent is 16 here. Sansa and Arya ain't, though. And I still find it rather disturbing people are thinking of girls as young as Arya sexually. :ack:

Australia too - I thought you were talking about Dany, who would be also 16-17 now. I agree completely with Arya and Sansa being too young.

Jon-Really no need to explain. He's hot and we all know it.

Jamie-Yeah yeah I know. And I don't care.

Khal Drogo-Again...no need to explain.

Ned-What? Just once...just to see.

Rhaegar Targaryen-While he was still alive. I mean really..who wouldn't?

My top 5

I like the hypothetical on Dacey Mormont, I have (had?) similar suspicions about her.

I also think Ygritte, who is pretty much the total opposite of my type in the looks department, would probably be great between the sheets...er, furs.

Any of the random summer Islanders are also probably pretty good in the sack, seeing as sex is practically part of their worship system.

I'm not sure why this all of a sudden became about torture.

What would you call rape?

The first two are when he's at least nominally loyal. He could have done it but it would have ruined him. The last time he didn't simply because Sansa showed him a little pity. Otherwise he probably would have.

Ruined him career-wise? The first time, he could have done it and thrown her down the serpentine. No one would ever know. The second time, he could have easily pushed her off Maegor's tower. Oh dear, what a terrible accident. As for the night of the Blackwater battle--he had already removed the dagger and was crying when she showed the pity. And if he really were so inclined to rape her, I doubt a little pity would dissuade him. She's shown him empathy before, after all.

I think people put too much meaning into Sandor's dying confession, when it seems to me he was just frustrated. He said it the same way I say, "I ought to shove my foot up the ass of whoever ate my M&Ms!" Of course, I don't really want to shove my foot up anybody's ass. I'm just upset because they were my M&Ms, they're gone, I'm now chocolate-less, and life sucks.

Remember the talk that Ned had at the beginning of a GOT (I think with Bran) about why it was so important to execute deserters of the Night's Watch? He said that when a man leaves his post and has NO other options or alternatives in his life, it makes him a dangerous man who will not restrain himself from committing any crime imaginable. I think the reason I like Sandor (he's #1 on my list!) is that he showed his true colors when in Sansa's room. He was leaving his post, his duty and probably had a good idea that he wouldn't have anywhere in Westeros to go (who would take him after he deserted the Kingsguard, after all?). He had NOTHING to lose by taking her. NOTHING. He is probably not ever going to see her again, he hates his life, and has no options. This is a telling moment in his story, and tells us more about the man he really is, at least to me as a reader. No, he's not perfect, but he sure as hell is an interesting character.

Actually, as much as I reallyreallyreally want to debate this (I've had key points saved on my hard drive for a month, if that tells you anything; yes, I'm that sad), I don't want to hijack the thread. But I don't see why Sandor should be a surprising choice due to his quasi-violent nature, while Asha's is counted in the plus column

Then create your own thread. It's free!

Dany - 9.5 - 10 for hotness, threeway potential, talent, and more hotness, oh, and Queenness, -0.5 for too many jealous stabbity types.

Sansa Stark - 9 - 9 for hotness, submissiveness, and the wicked satisfaction of de-virginization.

Rohanne Webber - 9 - 9 for hotness, cuteness, and wit.

Ellaria Sand - 8.5 - 8.5 for hotness, experimental nature, and threeway potential.

Lyanna Stark - 8.5 - 8.5 for hotness, attitude, and wild nature.

Ygritte - 8 - 8 for hotness, attitude, and wild nature.

Meera Reed - 8 - 8 for attitude, and draw of personality.

Arianne Martell - 8 - for hotness, cuteness, and skill.

Amerei Frey - 7.5 - 9 for hotness, and willingness to do *anything*, -1.5 for already having done everything.

Nymeria Sand - 7.5 - 8.5 for hotness, and aggressive personality, -1 for crazy scariness.

Teyne Sand - 7.5 - 9.5 for hotness, and aggressive personality, -2 for crazy scariness.

Asha Greyjoy - 7.5 - 8.5 for hotness, and aggressive personality, -1 for psycho-bitchiness.

Cersei Lannister - 0 - 8 for hotness and experience, -1.5m for psycho-bitchiness.

I could do this all day, this is fun.

brienne and tyrion hmm... well if oposites attract....

Haha. If Tyrion wasn't so scary and promiscuous (read: disease-carrying), I'd totally go for him.

And Jaime. :drool:

Sandor is great too, and I TOTALLY AGREE with whoever suggest The Laughing Storm. I loved him! But Tyrion would be great too. He'd make me laugh so much.

And Jaime. :drool: :drool:

Archived