NHL Hockey 2!

Lord O' Bones

Couldn't pull myself to watch it. I tried, but it just has no stakes so it's hard to watch.

The shootout skillz crazy wicked moves contest sucked pretty bad. Only Getzlaf and Ovechkin tried anything out of the ordinary. Especially Datsyuk. Did he understand what it was.

I took a piss next to Mario Lemieux tonight.

I had a great time at the All Star game. Takeo Spikes and DJ Shockley were the suite with me. Super nice guys. With me being a huge UGA fan, it was nice to meet DJ and talk with him. The game was fun. Those guys are pretty damn amazing. I wish Kovy could have scored. Nice that Hossa did. The intermission entertainment was horrible.

The Thrashers need to start strong when they come back. If they do not, they will not make the playoffs and Hossa will be gone.

That first glove save was awesome. I am glad Kovy went and gave him props after. He posted the first shutout period since 2002.

Somewhere, there is a part of Ilya that's stoked about what happened. They are teammates in the Olympics after all.

Didn't watch either event this weekend because the game does little for me now.

What I'm looking forward to is four weeks from now. TRADE DEADLINE.

C'mon folks. Be brave and put out your predictions.

I personally think Montreal is gonna make a move and afairly serious one at that. I think the Leafs are gonna try to clean house and unload a lot of money. I'm also thinking Edmonton could unload some veteran players to clear up some cap room. Carolina might make some changes too. This is all assuming these teams are in shit in four weeks time, which I think is a possibility.

Oh, and it looks like Selanne is back. That's gotta give Anaheim a big boost.

Oh, and it looks like Selanne is back. That's gotta give Anaheim a big boost.

With 60 points they're just one point behind the Sharks and Stars; a big boost could mean that the Ducks start a race to catch up with the Red Wings. The difference is currently 18 points.

Will the Western Conference standings be a repetition of last year, with the only difference being some other team taking Nashville's place? It's certainly a possibility.

With 60 points they're just one point behind the Sharks and Stars;

The Sharks have four games in hand on the Stars and the Ducks. Just sayin'. Don't get cocky yet, Dallas or Los Angeles light.

Edit: One game in hand gone; two points gained. ;)

Catching Detroit? Are you serious?

No... You can't be serious. Getting a 1993 Selanne and you still wouldn't catch them. Selanne is good, but the team is vastly changed chemistry wise since he's left and he'll have to get in game shape. Like Neidermeyer I think he won't have an impact until March or so and the Ducks will be floating 5th or 6th.

I really used to like Brian Burke but since he's bitching about Kevin Lowe using loopholes in rules and such and he goes and does this with his two top dudes. Cmon. Quit fucking around Burkie. We can all see the painting clear as day now.

On a side note. The Habs a fucking rocking. I knew that they'd be challenging for a playoff spot but I was hoping like 6-7. This is amazing. Glad so many experts took them to finish 12-14th in the East. Shows what preseason forecasts mean.

Catching Detroit? Are you serious?

If the Wings all earned three week suspensions at the same time, maybe... ahh who am I kidding? That probably wouldn't even do it. No chance in hell.

Edit: Whoa! Sharks just picked up Jody Shelley. :box:

The next 5 to 7 games are huge for Atlanta. If we have a nice winning streak, we may try to be buyers. If not, we sell. I think we will try to resign Hossa.......but I am not expecting it. I would not be surprised to see us trade Hossa, Holik, Recchi, and Zhitnik (I pray everyday someone wants him. Trade him for a bad of pucks).

Did everyone see the Ruutu hit on Kovalchuk last night? I am not sure how serious Kovy is hurt, but it did not look good. I have seen a lot of discussion from people on whether it was a good hit or not. Some say Kovy moved and he was at fought. Others say it was intentional and a cheep shot. Some say that McCarthy is a bum for going after Ruutu after the hit. I am not sure why. What should he have done? What does everyone think? Legal? Kovy at fought?

Did everyone see the Ruutu hit on Kovalchuk last night? I am not sure how serious Kovy is hurt, but it did not look good. I have seen a lot of discussion from people on whether it was a good hit or not. Some say Kovy moved and he was at fought. Others say it was intentional and a cheep shot. Some say that McCarthy is a bum for going after Ruutu after the hit. I am not sure why. What should he have done? What does everyone think? Legal? Kovy at fought?

i thought it was legal, barely.

the puzzling thing was the way it was called. It's the first time I've ever seen a guy get 5 for fighting without dropping the gloves, throwing any punches, or even engaging the guy at all. Ruutu turned his back and covered and got 5 for fighting? It wasn't bad enough they gave him the gate on the questionable kneeing call?

Clearly a lot of that was because he is who he is, which I think is kind of ridiculous. We'll see whether he gets suspended or not. if he does it's just another indication that discipline in the NHL is a joke.

Questionable kneeing call? That was an attempt to injure. You talk about the ref's going after Ruutu for who he is, well maybe he shouldn't knee hunt after Kovy just because of who he is. I will grant that not all the replays look that bad. Some of them you can't see anything. There is a close up one that shows him pivot his knee towards Kovy right before he hits him. He purposely stuck out his right leg to hit him. Dirty play on one of the best players in the league this year. And Yes McCarthy should go after him no matter what the consequences(penalties/game misconducts). Hopefully Kovy's back soon.

Another note. Anyone see Ovechkin rip the Habs a new A-hole? That kid is amazing. Broken nose and all. Haha. Also I noticed he was missing a tooth at the Allstar game. When did that happen?

Archived