EURO 2008

Hereward

[quote name='Mangusto Escorregadio' post='1395875' date='Jun 12 2008, 18.54']Schweinsteiger did straight-arm the guy in the face off the ball, or at least that's how it looked to me. Even if it wasn't to the face, you're not allowed to do that.[/quote]
It was in the chest, not the face and it was a shove. No more.
You're not allowed to do it, but at worst it's a yellow card. I wouldn't have minded if it had just been a free kick. It also seemed like there was a fair chance Schweinsteiger was right to be aggrieved, though I'm not 100% on that.

[quote name='Mangusto Escorregadio' post='1395875' date='Jun 12 2008, 18.54']Mind you, Modric got booked for a brilliant tackle when he was through on goal.[/quote]
This was what made me make the comment actually, after getting the Red Card wrong and then Yellow Carding everyone in existence, I thought this was a bad decision and the Yellow Card for it was stupid.

[quote name='Herekleides' post='1395901' date='Jun 12 2008, 19.09']Once again, the Greeks are first but their contribution is dishonoured. :([/quote]
:lol:
Sorry, when I posted there wasn't another thread.

I prefer your thread's subtitle, the mods should merge this one into it :)

[quote name='Paddiano Ronaldo' post='1395898' date='Jun 12 2008, 19.06']It was in the chest, not the face and it was a shove. No more.
You're not allowed to do it, but at worst it's a yellow card. I wouldn't have minded if it had just been a free kick. It also seemed like there was a fair chance Schweinsteiger was right to be aggrieved, though I'm not 100% on that[/quote]

The germans were sort of out of control emotionally ( yeah really), see that card Ballack got which could have possibly had been a red - and this was Ballack who had been far from choir boyish the whole game, particularly second half. The problem to me was Schweinsteiger rolls down and then gets up and moves a step or two in the other guy´s direction to push him - and that is bad, that is the famous "raising hands", I read it was intimidatory ( if it is the face or not, I don´t think it makes any difference actually to card given. but I don´t think there was need to cover the face).

and Croatia totally deserved it, they were much better than the germans, commentators were saying we wanted to see how germany´s defense handled a serious test ( Poland not counting) and now we know. Löw subs were not too good, while Billic´s were good ( IMO). And subbing Jansen, bad as he was, was probably even worse.

PS - BTW I thought Schweinsteiger already had a yellow, but is not listed on the stats, my confusion probably. But he probably had already been verbally warned, I am pretty sure I had seen ref talking to him over some fouls before this.

PPS - the suit, Ok it is interesting, but is a bad bad fitting suit ;)

PPPS -Luka Modric, is he trying to work the Cruyff comparions on purpose? the face ok there is a ressemblance but the hair, the 14. I never saw Cruyff on a real game, but from excerpts, that is a comparison Modric is silly to invite. And isn´t he too small to go play in the premiership?

[quote name='Mangusto Escorregadio' post='1395953' date='Jun 12 2008, 10.44']What's with the Poles applauding the Austrian anthem? Seemed to go down well.[/quote]

The Poles have a long history of listening to other people's anthems being played.... :P

[quote name='LessThanLuke' post='1395900' date='Jun 12 2008, 20.07']That ref was shocking agreed. All in all though that was good match and crotia deserved the win. Should have scored more actually.[/quote]

Haven't seen that moment - beer has to get out sometimes...

All in all, being Croatian, I'm truly happy. I didn't expect this after a lame game with Austria.
Moreover, as I'm working for a German-owned company, you can imagine how my day at work will look like tomorrow...

And if Eduardo was there...we'd kick their German asses all over the place.

[quote name='squiddly' post='1395981' date='Jun 12 2008, 20.00']How can the Austrians not have scored yet?[/quote]
Artur Boruc being very good and a lack of anything like decent finishing.

Poland's defence in this game is the worst I've seen.

[quote name='Mangusto Escorregadio' post='1395967' date='Jun 12 2008, 19.53']Q: What do you call an Englishman at the final of a major competition?

A: Something polite or he'll book you.

:lol:

:|

:/

:cry:[/quote]
BEWARE THE KIND EYES!

[quote name='squiddly' post='1395981' date='Jun 12 2008, 20.00']How can the Austrians not have scored yet?[/quote]
They're rubbish? :P

Archived