Patch v0.51

Gampie

Here is the 0.51 patch for the 0.5 Beta. This is the first patch. You must already have the beta installed before you install the patch.

DOWNLOAD:

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/file/tyyqjtdm2mk/westerosv051.msi"]http://www.mediafire.com/file/tyyqjtdm2mk/westerosv051.msi[/url]

Download and install it in your Westeros folder. I've already set the correct default target installation folder to make things easy but in case you have installed M2TW somewhere else you have to browse to the right folder.

([i]C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Westeros\[/i] is the default target folder)

[b][size=4]Changelog patch v0.51[/size][/b]

- filled up missing unit cards and unit info cards
- added hammerhorn ancillary (text, enum, export)
- added LordSnow's portrait for Joffrey, loras, jaime, lancel, theon
- removed knights templar (EDB)
- removed Billmen
- added Heavy Billmen and Bill Militia to Renly roster
- halved heretic spawn rate
- fixed the no-skin bug of the Dornish peasant archers
- Ironmen Warriors, Ironmen Raiders and Ironmen Axemen no longer use Stark shields but vanilla Denmark ones
- free upkeep bonus added for castle buildings (1/2/3/4 units for Wooden Castle/Castle/Fortress/Citadel respectively)
- more units now have the free upkeep ability
- added starting armies for the factions
- gave starting ancillary titles to Tywin, Trebor , Franklyn, Harmen, Anders, Leyton, Paxter, Yohn, Renly, Horton, Tremond, Qorgyle, Mooton, Balon
- fixed descriptions for the nobility titles of Stonedance, Saltpans, Raventree
- changed the money script, increased the donation to the AI
- changed the AI in debt script
- lowered the king's purse for all factions (makes it harder for the player)
- fixed the duplicate paragraph in Jaime's biography
- removed most armour upgrades for the Ironmen Warriors and Ironmen Raiders because they lack a skin
- added Jaime's armour, Nightfall, Oathkeeper, Lady Forlorn, Heartsbane
- corrected quote #99

The changes will only work when you start a new campaign.
If you don't see anything new when starting a new campaign, delete the file map.rwm in C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\Westeros\data\world\maps\base and restart a campaign.
(If Jaime Lannister's Gilded Armour shows up in his ancillaries, the patch works)

hey there, just a quick question about the patch, i downloaded it fine, but when i tried to install it it says:

"Cabinet file 'disk1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with the package."

Sorry i was just wondering if you guys had seen this before? or knew where i could find this disk1.cab?

P.S. oh yeah and almost forgot to say that this mod is actually amazing. you guys have done a great job.

Strange, never heard of that error... But don't worry, there is another way for the patch to work.

I uploaded a .rar with the files to Mediafire:

[url="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogzuzhyztzy"]http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ogzuzhyztzy[/url]

Place the rar in your main M2TW folder.
C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\

Then extract it. It will ask to overwrite certain files, answer yes of course.

Yeah, when I try to install the basic file it says, "Program Files has an invalid address" and aborts. This may be because my hard drive is actually H:/ rather than C:/, and Medieval II is installed under C:/'Games' rather than Program Files.

I'll try it the other way, see if I get any joy.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1536382' date='Sep 29 2008, 16.56']Yeah, when I try to install the basic file it says, "Program Files has an invalid address" and aborts. This may be because my hard drive is actually H:/ rather than C:/, and Medieval II is installed under C:/'Games' rather than Program Files.

I'll try it the other way, see if I get any joy.[/quote]

Wert, you don't have any other mods running at the same time, do you? Sometimes there is a conflict.

(Unless the mods have their own folder.)

[quote name='TheKingSlayerTWModTeam' post='1536479' date='Sep 30 2008, 02.27']Wert, you don't have any other mods running at the same time, do you? Sometimes there is a conflict.

(Unless the mods have their own folder.)[/quote]

I have Stainless Steel installed but there is no conflict as that has its own folder.

I used the .rar instead and that seems to have worked no problem. I'm pretty certain it's the H: thing that caused the earlier problem.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1536790' date='Sep 30 2008, 03.57']I have Stainless Steel installed but there is no conflict as that has its own folder.

I used the .rar instead and that seems to have worked no problem. I'm pretty certain it's the H: thing that caused the earlier problem.[/quote]

Yea, I also have SS installed. There is no issue with that mod. I'm glad that you got your issue resolved. Glad to have you "aboard."

• 2 months later...
Hiya guys, along with your many other adoring fans i think this mod is AMAZING, after installing this patch though im having problems starting a new campaign. If i click on westeros campaign it comes up with a message box saying "please select something from the list". that said however i can still access previous save games. woot for a 75 year old Oberyn Martell :) :)

myself and my friends all hope you continue to add to this great concept.

hope you can solve my problem as i cant wait to play this new patch

• 3 weeks later...
There is only one way I can express my feelings about this mod, and that's with [url="http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1191/1172456071975yl9.gif"]this picture[/url]. I've only just started a campaign as House Stark, but I can see myself spending countless hours leading various factions to victory in Westeros.

• 4 years later...

Hiya guys, along with your many other adoring fans i think this mod is AMAZING, after installing this patch though im having problems starting a new campaign. If i click on westeros campaign it comes up with a message box saying "please select something from the list". that said however i can still access previous save games. woot for a 75 year old Oberyn Martell :) :)

myself and my friends all hope you continue to add to this great concept.

hope you can solve my problem as i cant wait to play this new patch

does anyone know how to fix this problem i would like to start a new campaign

Is the v.1 ever coming out??? (I fear not but if anyone knows anything please tell)

This is the forum where you can find more information: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?721-Westeros-Total-War

They have a bunch of previews for some of the factions, but don't click on the House Martell one because that's just a cruel April Fool's joke.

So the mod is still on going, but no release date yet. And don't go asking your question there, because they'll take your head off. :)

This is the forum where you can find more information: http://www.twcenter....teros-Total-War

They have a bunch of previews for some of the factions, but don't click on the House Martell one because that's just a cruel April Fool's joke.

So the mod is still on going, but no release date yet. And don't go asking your question there, because they'll take your head off. :)

I am a frequent viewer of that website, I was just wondering if there was any new heasd way to speak of as they have been working on the mod for 6 years!!! they say it will be done when its done, that's really helpful of them. obviously though there are still people working on it so when do you expect it will be out if you had to guess?

I am a frequent viewer of that website, I was just wondering if there was any new heasd way to speak of as they have been working on the mod for 6 years!!! they say it will be done when its done, that's really helpful of them. obviously though there are still people working on it so when do you expect it will be out if you had to guess?

I would guess that it will be sometime this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's very GRRM of them. But just as with TWOW, I think it's going to be worth the wait :)

Archived