Blogging the production

Halfhand

Just wanted to let the Westeros forum faithful know that I have created a blog that will be following the production of [i]Game of Thrones.[/i] I plan on posting frequently, whenever there is news or rumors concerning the status of the pilot and, hopefully, the overall series. I will be scouring the web looking for the latest. I also plan on having general speculation and discussion posts. Please check it out, bookmark it and check back frequently for updates on the project.

[url="http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/"]http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/[/url]

Also let me know what you think so far of the site. This is my first stab at a blog (or a website of any kind for that matter), so any input I get from you guys to help make it better would be great. I want it to be the go-to place for up-to-the-second news on [i]Game of Thrones.[/i] Thanks!

[quote name='Commodore' post='1594688' date='Nov 19 2008, 17.38']Do you have some kind of inside connection that will give you the scoop on things?

Otherwise, I don't see what a site like that would offer that a site like this doesn't (no offense).[/quote]

Unfortunately no. Although I may see what I can do about that. I live in LA and have quite a few friends in the industry, so there is a possibility I could get some info that others may not have.

As for your second point, I suppose there wouldn't be much of a difference. These forums usually have the most recent news, however for myself (and I would assume others as well) browsing a forum isn't the most efficient way of finding news and updates. I was hoping with this site to provide consistent updates that would allow for people to quickly check if there has been any news.

I'm sure Ran will be updating this site with news updates as well. However, I hope to be even more in-depth than what is posted here. Like I said, scouring the web for anything that may be related to [i]Game of Thrones.[/i]

I checked it out.

It's not bad idea, because it summarizes the important things without all the speculation around here that is fun, but it can be confusing (if not now, when it's not that much, until say... New Years' Eve it will become much more) for some folks.

[quote name='Rinso' post='1594766' date='Nov 19 2008, 19.11']I checked it out.

It's not bad idea, because it summarizes the important things without all the speculation around here that is fun, but it can be confusing (if not now, when it's not that much, until say... New Years' Eve it will become much more) for some folks.[/quote]

Thanks for checking it out! If I may ask, what is it about the site that you think would be confusing?

[quote name='Halfhand' post='1594855' date='Nov 20 2008, 00.19']Thanks for checking it out! If I may ask, what is it about the site that you think would be confusing?[/quote]

No, I meant that this forum here may become confusing for not-so-regular users some time ahead, because there is a lot of speculation and little facts. That's why your blog is a nice idea, to separate the important facts and news from the fan speculation.

Nathan,

I'll note the [url="http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/"]http://www.westeros.org/ASoWS/News/[/url]]All Sorts of Weird Stuff[/url] has an RSS feed which covers every bit of GRRM news when we get it, which will include the television production (at least for the time being), so that might be another to add to your reader. :)

Though it'll be a re-post for most of us, most people don't want to slog through forums to get news. And the blog could be spoiler free, which I know I'm struggling with here (remebering to use tags).

And it's another venue to advertise the show, which is never a bad thing.

ETA: But you should move it over to Livejournal. ;) Take advantage of the community already surrounding GRRM's blog (and so I can add it to my friend's list)

[quote name='Nathan Stinson']I added it to my google reader (rss feed), it should be helpful for me, who doesn't have time to keep up with the forums all the time.

Please post any interesting tidbits or notes, or I'll be sure to miss them[/quote]

Great, thanks! I will be keeping it updated very frequently.

[quote name='Rinso']No, I meant that this forum here may become confusing for not-so-regular users some time ahead, because there is a lot of speculation and little facts. That's why your blog is a nice idea, to separate the important facts and news from the fan speculation.[/quote]

Ah ok, that makes sense and I agree with you.

[quote name='Myrddin']Though it'll be a re-post for most of us, most people don't want to slog through forums to get news. And the blog could be spoiler free, which I know I'm struggling with here (remebering to use tags).

And it's another venue to advertise the show, which is never a bad thing.

ETA: But you should move it over to Livejournal. wink.gif Take advantage of the community already surrounding GRRM's blog (and so I can add it to my friend's list)[/quote]

I thought about Livejournal, but I already have a Blogger account and I like their interface better. If the website proves popular enough, I may just switch over to a webhost and ditch the blog format altogether. We shall see. I will be emailing GRRM though to see if I can get added to his links page.

Archived