Jaime Lannister and Brienne

C.T. Phipps

Wait, when did this happen?

At Harenhall!!! Its the scene in the bath tub, after Jaime lost his hand. Jaime actually gets a hard on. Brienne is shy and frigid though. Well she didn't "turn him down" exactly, but actually she kind of did.

At Harenhall!!! Its the scene in the bath tub, after Jaime lost his hand. Jaime actually gets a hard on. Brienne is shy and frigid though.

If I'm not mistaken Brienne doesn't even know.. Jaime mentions as she gets out of the tub that he feels a stirring and then muses he's been away from Cersei for too long. Brienne was leaving as this happened.

At Harenhall!!! Its the scene in the bath tub, after Jaime lost his hand. Jaime actually gets a hard on. Brienne is shy and frigid though.

Oh, lol. Come on, that was hardly an invitation for a hook up! That was a few days after he vomited and "soiled" himself and she was forced to wash him and he just told her he's not interested in anything she has to offer. And besides, Jaime is shy as a maiden himself, he's ashamed and tries to hide his erections both times he gets them around her. Maybe she didn't even notice that.

Wait, when did this happen?

Why? Not every Sansa fan wants her with Clegane or Brienne. (Though this Sansa fan is rather fond of the latter pairing. ^_^)

Sansa X Brienne would be a bit weird...Sansa X Dany though... :wub:

Back on topic, I don't see a peaceful meetup between Jaime and Brienne, at least not for a long while...and that's if they both survive. Winter is coming and GRRM likes to unexpectedly off people.

So, whenever a man has an erection around you, you just automatically view it as an invitation to hop on? No wink, no nudge, no flirting? I don't think that anyone -- Brienne, Pia, Qyburn, Roose -- would have taken that as a come on either! :laugh:

Brienne and Jaime had a subtle flirty relationship throughout. Do you deny that? Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks so otherwise this thread would not be here in the first place. Thank you.

I think it could interpret it that way; I certainly hope so, even though I don't think it will actually lead to romance. What I'm trying to get past is the suggestion that Brienne's decision not to start humping him right there in the bathtub is somehow evidence of "coldness". Not saying that she isn't cold, for obvious reasons -- it's not like she's had much cause to trust men in general or Jaime the Kingslayer in particular in her life -- but that scene isn't really the kind of thing that I would see leading to a romantic interlude outside of a sex farce.

No, because its a totally ridiculous idea which would make no sense and add nothing to the series.

Incidentily, Brienne is rather boring. I mean I get the whole 'innocence, beauty on the inside' etc etc, but I couldn't see Jaime Lannister falling in love with her.

Their relationship struck me more as comradeship and common understanding than anything else.

Even if they were in some way star-crossed soulmates or whatever, I think their respective paths have forked. I'm not sure they will meet again in the series.

If I was Jaime, I'd tap it... but only in a sweet, sweet loving way, like with lots of post-coital pillow talk. If Jaime hooked up with Brienne the way he does with his sister, Brienne would be crying afterwards and I would just have to stop reading due to sheer awkwardness. J + B = please don't do it GRRM!

Now what I would like to see is Brienne get a hold of her some Theon Greyjoy. Give him a taste of his own medicine like what he did to that poor girl back in winterfell. post-coital crying by Theon = AWESOME.

I think Jaime and Brienne are almost definitely in love, but probably should never become lovers.

I agree... it's a literary toppling of the classic chivalrious romance (brave warrior - helpless virgin).

It is usual in literature that this type of relationship ends before it can be consummated by the death or one or both members.

Then again it is a toppling of the meme, so it's possible that GRRM will decide that neither should die. Or that one kills the other... :) I'm excited to see what happens.

I really hope we don't get another "monster and maid" story of Jamie and Brienne since there's already been a fair few of them around. If Tyrion and Daenerys falls for each other I'm really getting annoyed. Its a great concept in one or two instances but if it turns into a general thing it gets a bit to much.

Archived