[BOOK SPOILERS] Television Without Pity n00bs thread

TheEvilKing

A lot of people really seem to believe that there will be a lot of very immediate plot resolution by the end of the series. That we'll see Dany in Westeros by the finale. I wonder how much patience we'll see from viewers when not only does Dany not make it over there by the end of s1, but she's even further away by the end of s2.

Well, there is a lot of resolution in aGoT. Just not the kind of resolution you expect. So I don't think that is a particular problem.

Dany in S2 is a tougher question. She really was tied pretty well with events in KL in S1 but in S2 she is a lot more adrift. OTOH, at least people are used to this character wandering away from the main events. You wouldn't want the Dany events in aCoK to have happened in aGoT. It would have been way too confusing.

I absolutely adore this post.

Seriously, let's hear it for Aiden Gillen (Littlefinger) and Conleth Hill (Varys), I've never seen two actors combine "inscrutable" with so many other descriptions. "Inscrutable and yet unnerving" "Inscrutable with a dash of menace" "Inscrutable with a possible veneer of complete sincerity." "Inscrutable with outright scheming that somehow seems to be suggest a fondness for harp music."

As much as I loved Aiden Gillen both here and on The Wire, I still have to give a slight lead to Hill in the Inscrutable-off because he manages the heretofore undreamed of "Inscrutable, while never quite letting you forget he's missing body parts, without calling undue attention to it."

Gillen does do "Inscrutable, but with what appears a dash of glee" but Hill does it while dressed in a toga.

There are some really good actors involved in this production. It's brimming with talent, but hats off to both of those guys, because it seems like they'd be nearly impossible to pull off without tipping their hand. I think Gillen might have pulled ahead just a little with the "I'll now deliver half of my character background, while also being the audiobook of the Seven Kingdoms Kama Sutra, simultaneously...while still remaining primarily inscrutable."

Maybe they should team up and run the Kingdoms together.

I hope someday the TWoP noobs find this forum so we can actually communicate with them without being banned.

[MOD]

Folks,

It is against the policy of this board to discuss disciplinary actions, comments, or any form of dirty laundry from other boards on this site. A reminder of this rule (from our own FAQ) is reposted below:

Similarly, if you have a personal beef against a user of this or any other forum, deal with them directly, post to your blog/LiveJournal/MySpace, whatever, so long as this forum is not used to air out your dirty laundry.

For that reason, this thread is now closed.

[/MOD]

Archived