Ser Loras Conspiracy Theory

I hope there is not already a thread on this but I believe that Ser Loras was not in fact injured at Dragonstone. I think there is a deep sub-plot going on here. How convinient that he was burned by oil. All the better to trick people into thinking it's him when it isn't. Loras's main priority seemed to be his sister. Why would he so recklessly voulenteer to go off on some mission like that? I don't believe he would. It was said that he turned what could have been a peaceful resoultion into a bloodbath. Of course he did. He needed to do that in order to successfully fake his injury. I think he and whoever is helping him, most likely the Queen of Thorns, arranged to fake this injury so he would be free to go off and do whatever to bring down the Lannisters. Thoughts?

Remember, it was Stannis who killed Renly, and Loras knows it (from Brienne). He would never ally with Stannis.

Ah, this is true. I had forgotten that huge detail. Well, whatever the reason behind it, I still think that Loras is out and about executing some plot to bring down the Lannisters. There is no way that beautiful man was going to let himself be burned by oil. His vanity would not allow it. I honestly believe that the burn victim will turn out to be someone else.

He was seen getting injured in front of several hundred men, he has to be pretty good to fake that. Also he took the mission as it was the only way to free the Arbor's fleet to fight off the Ironmen on Shield Isles

Don't forget that it was Mace and Paxter Redwyne who kept Stannis and the garrison at Storm's End eating horses, rats and shoe leather for nigh on a year before Davos and Ned provided relief. I think Stannis would rather see Mace's head go snicker-snack before allying with Tyrell. Couple with that certain shadow that offed Renly, and I don't see an alliance with Highgarden all that likely.

As for Loras, I'd like to believe in the "Loras isn't injured" conspiracy, no matter how implausible it might be. It gives the sense that Tyrell's star is ever in ascent against our favourite lions. It's either a giant vast flower-wing conspiracy, or Loras becomes the new Hound and gets woobified by his injuries.

As much as the Tyrells may hate the Lannisters by now, there's no way in the world they turn to Stannis. He would do with them as he did with Davos: reward them for their support, then behead them for treason.

As for Ser Loras' injuries being faked... it's hard to believe. It was done in the middle of a battle, with thousands of witnesses. If it was a lie there's no way Cersei wouldn't have known within a few days. Why would they choose to make an enemy of Casterly Rock when the ironmen are raiding their coasts?

As much as the Tyrells may hate the Lannisters by now, there's no way in the world they turn to Stannis. He would do with them as he did with Davos: reward them for their support, then behead them for treason.

As for Ser Loras' injuries being faked... it's hard to believe. It was done in the middle of a battle, with thousands of witnesses. If it was a lie there's no way Cersei wouldn't have known within a few days. Why would they choose to make an enemy of Casterly Rock when the ironmen are raiding their coasts?

Because Cersei falsely accused Margery of fucking a bunch people that she didn't and is trying to get her executed.

He was seen getting injured in front of several hundred men, he has to be pretty good to fake that. Also he took the mission as it was the only way to free the Arbor's fleet to fight off the Ironmen on Shield Isles

This means nothing. Even being seen by hundreds of men does not mean that it was him. Remember the Ghost of Renly? Hundreds of people saw him too. It would not be hard at all to dress someone in Loras's armor and throw him in.

I think the thing that allows this to still be a valid theory is that we do not have hundreds of witnesses saying he was injured - if I remember it was Aurane Waters reporting it. So we have one person saying it, who may or may not be telling the truth.

As for Ser Loras' injuries being faked... it's hard to believe. It was done in the middle of a battle, with thousands of witnesses.

Being done in the middle of a battle with thousands of witnesses only makes it easier to fool everyone. Too much chaos. Like I said to the other post, hundreds saw The Ghost of Renly too. And I already rescinded the part about allying with Stannis. Yeah, that is obviously not what is going to happen. But whatever the reason, I stand by my belief that Loras was not injured.

I think the thing that allows this to still be a valid theory is that we do not have hundreds of witnesses saying he was injured - if I remember it was Aurane Waters reporting it. So we have one person saying it, who may or may not be telling the truth.

Thank you! And remember, Waters fought against the Lannisters and only bent knee when caught. He wasted no time fleeing after Cersei is arrested. I think he was against Cersei the whole time.

There is no way that beautiful man was going to let himself be burned by oil. His vanity would not allow it. I honestly believe that the burn victim will turn out to be someone else.

When the sun has set, beauty means nothing.

EDIT: premature post. That was a reference to Renly's death, not some creepy everyone looks the same in the dark reference.

Ah, this is true. I had forgotten that huge detail. Well, whatever the reason behind it, I still think that Loras is out and about executing some plot to bring down the Lannisters. There is no way that beautiful man was going to let himself be burned by oil. His vanity would not allow it. I honestly believe that the burn victim will turn out to be someone else.

I really don't think that Loras is much of a schemer. If he's not really burned, then I don't think the whole things was his idea.

Because Cersei falsely accused Margery of fucking a bunch people that she didn't and is trying to get her executed.

Except that the supposed lie about Loras occurred before all those accusations.

When the sun has set, beauty means nothing.

EDIT: premature post. That was a reference to Renly's death, not some creepy everyone looks the same in the dark reference.

Yeah? Try telling that to the beauty. See how far you get ;)

It wouldn't piss off her lord father that his daughter has been falsely accused by the Lannisters?

No, it would. But we're talking about why the Tyrells would want to piss off Casterly Rock before all those accusations occurred.

It wouldn't piss off her lord father that his daughter has been falsely accused by the Lannisters?

In technicality, the accusations weren't false. I doubt that the Faith would lie about Margaery's maidenhood, especially considering the fact that they had no hesitation to arrest Cersei. While she probably hasn't be whoring herself off to the men in question, chances are that she is not, indeed, a virgin.

No, it would. But we're talking about why the Tyrells would want to piss off Casterly Rock before all those accusations occurred.

Do they need a specific reason? They're players in the game of thrones as much as the Lannisters. If they believed they could keep their intentions and plots secret, and if they also believed they'd have something to gain from it, I see no reason why they'd, well, need a reason. It's highly likely that they poisoned Joffrey, and perhaps even had a role in Tywin's death.

On a similar note, could it be possible that Varys is working for the Lannisters? Or by the "Varys is for the Targs" theory, that the Tyrells are also interested in restoration of the Targaryen dynasty?

I'd love for this to be the case, but I doubt it, though I have to admit it is possible.

I also don't consider Loras to be much of a schemer. Though he was tight with Renly (ha! ha!), who was doing some scheming. And also in on the joke of the Margaery/Renly "wedding."

He volunteered because he feared his homeland was going to be sacked by Geryjoys and Cersei wouldn't lend a hand until the siege was over.

Archived