uk terrestrial tv

Now that Sky Atlantic has finished airing it, will GoT be showing on UK terrestrial tv? (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 or Channel 5)

I haven't got Sky Atlantic and watching on internet really uses up my broadband allowance so until the dvd/blu-ray comes out, a showing on the main tv channels is my only hope of watching. And I get lousy Channel 5 reception as well.

Given the running time, either BBC channel would be best.

Anyone know if there are plans to re-air all the episodes on Sky Atlantic any time soon? I've got episodes 2-10 recorded and really want to get Episode 1 recorded as well

Sky say they have no plans to repeat the show on Atlantic. If they do, I suspect it will be before Season 2 airs.

Now that Sky Atlantic has finished airing it, will GoT be showing on UK terrestrial tv? (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 or Channel 5)

Sky have a five-year exclusive contract with HBO. So it will either be five years minimum (and they could just renew the contract), or they might show it on Sky 3, their Freeview channel, but probably still not for a couple of years.

Where abouts do you live? If you're still on the five basic channels on analogue, you might not have them much longer. They've just shut off the analogue signal where I live, so if you don't have Freeview or a digibox of some kind, you can't watch TV at all. I think the whole country will be digital only by the start of 2014.

Where abouts do you live? If you're still on the five basic channels on analogue, you might not have them much longer. They've just shut off the analogue signal where I live, so if you don't have Freeview or a digibox of some kind, you can't watch TV at all. I think the whole country will be digital only by the start of 2014.

I live in Surrey, near Guildford. I do have digital freeview channels, but I think Sky 3 is no longer free-to-view, unless they changed the name. The channel is no longer listed on my channel guide. I think my region will be among the last to switch over to digital.

I asked original question because The Walking Dead was on Sky Atlantic and then Channel 5 showed it.

I live in Surrey, near Guildford. I do have digital freeview channels, but I think Sky 3 is no longer free-to-view, unless they changed the name. The channel is no longer listed on my channel guide. I think my region will be among the last to switch over to digital.

I asked original question because The Walking Dead was on Sky Atlantic and then Channel 5 showed it.

Was it? I thought it was on the FX channel?

It's still on Freeview, it was renamed Pick TV. They did show the first couple of episodes of Boardwalk Empire on it a couple of months back, so I guess it's possible they could do something similar with Game of Thrones. I doubt they'll show the full season any time soon, though.

It's not a HBO show so it isn't covered by Sky Atlantic's deal with HBO which gave them exclusive rights to HBO shows (apart from some older shows like True Blood which had pre-existing deals with other channels). I think Red Snow is right that it wasn't shown on Sky Atlantic anyway.

Archived