Leaders of Houses in the End

ledlevee

STARK: Rickon, if he doesnt run into Ramsey before the end. If not Robbs heir( I think Jeyne might be Prego)

Lannister: Tyrion

Tyrell: Willas

Martell: Tristane

Arryan: All dead, Sansa will get the Vale

Targ's: Dany

Baratheon: Edric Storm will get the stormlands & be renamed Edric Baratheon.

Frey: All dead, the North remembers!

Tully: Edmure.

Bolton: All dead

Greyjoy: Theon & Asha.

Nights Watch: Jon Snow.

King or Queen: Dany more than likely.

Do you think they will marry Targ-style? If so, their meeting in AFOC upon Theon's return would be a weird foreshadowing. Or do you mean one will rule with the others help?

I think Theon will be Lord but will need Asha at his side to rule. After what Ramsey did, i doubt he will have the strenght of mind by himself, not as a wife but as brother and sister...

Stark - Rickon

Lannister - Tommen

Baratheon - Edric Storm

Greyjoy - Aeron

Martell - Tristan

Frey - Walder Frey

Well it probably will be "Walder Frey" assuming House Frey still exists of course.

Big Walder would probably be my preference, he at least see's Ramsey Bolton for the monster he is. The current Lord Walder Frey will likely die of old age before Winter is over even if no one gets around to killing him themselves. Personally I'd like to see him be devoured by wolves.

Big walder is very popular here - but don't forget black Walder , which is number 3 or 4 in the Frey line. I think black-walder older brother told the kingslayer that he is very cruel and probably arrange their father death , so now he fears for his own life. he is a strong player in the twin version of the game of thrones. big Walder is a son of the third or fourth son of the current Walder. the first 2 sons already had gransons of their owns. A lot of Freys have to die for big walder getting a lordship. but we getting close. In the hedge knight egg was way in the line ( 4th son of the 4th son of the king) - and he became king after all.

Also - why everyone picks Edric Storm ? He is quite usual child, and all I can remember about him is that he play with Stanis dauther. Most of the nobles do not trust bastards. His mother his a Florent which is a house that going to fall down if Stanis does not survive.

I wouldnt enjoy Rickon as head of house Stark because in 5 books he has been a thoroughly undeveloped character. We know really nothing about him or his views other than he is the only one that can carry the male line forward assuming Bran becomes a tree.

Id be equally dissappointed if Jon became the head of house Targaryean. He was raised in winterfell as a Stark his entire life and carries all of Llyanas traits and none of Rhaegar's assuming the R+L=J.

Jon Snow - king of the north and the freefolk!

I think Rickon is about to be developed in the next book, assuming Davos finds him. However, one thing we do know about him: his wolf is absolutely insane and vicious. Do I remember somewhere that animals bonded with a warg begin to take on their traits or something like that? Could this mean that Rickon will turn out to be a vicious, bloodthirsty monster and that's why Shaggydog acts that way? I'm probably grasping at straws. You're right. We don't know anything about Rickon, at least not yet. I personally think Jon's going to be dead though, and permanently, before the series is over.

I like this thread. Some good ideas. here are my thoughts.

Lannister - People have been mentioning Tyrek, and I like that idea. I certainly don't think the line is going to disappear.

Baratheon - Shireen, who will be the last of the line.

Martell - Arianne.

Tully - Edmure, likely. I don't think they'll kill him.

Greyjoy - I don't think Theon's gonna make it, so Asha.

Tyrell - Mace will probably still be around at the end of the series.

Arryn - Harry the heir

And finally, the Starks - I think we're gonna get a curveball thrown at us. I have a theory that Robb has a son who would likely be heir, and Sansa will be htere as regent.

North- Rickon Stark

Riverlands- Edmure and Roslin's baby

Westerlands- Kevan's son Martyn (Tyrion dispossessed as a kinslayer)

Vale- Harrold and Sansa's children, the Hardynngs

Dorne- Arianne's line

Reach- Willas's line

Iron Islands- Theon's line

Stormlands- Edric Baratheon

Iron Throne- Dany and Aegon's son

Land formerly beyond the wall- Aemon Rayder (I think that's what Gilly wanted to name Mance's baby)

Freys mostly dead

Bolton's extinct

House Stark - Sansa will be Queen of the North at the end of the saga. But she will never marry, Queen Elizabeth style, and her successors will be Rickon's sons.

House Lannister - Myrcella, possibly with Trystane as husband or consort. Casterley Rock will take on a lot of Dorne's customs and mores.

House Martell - Arianne

House Greyjoy - Asha

House Arryn - Mya Arryn, married to Sweetrobin and effectively ruling for her husband

House Frey and House Bolton - wiped out

House Baratheon - Shireen and Edric Baratheon, married. Yes, they're first cousins - but we've seen worse!

House Tully - Catelyn Tully, daughter of Edmure and his wife Roslin. No trace of Frey in the fiery redhead, but she still uses this claim to demolish the Twins.

Tyrell - Margaery. Following Queen Sansa's example, Margaery never weds again and spends her life in Highgarden wearing black and praying a lot.

Targaryen - wiped out.

Stark- Rickon me thinks. If Bran becomes a tree he has the best claim-better than Sansa.

Lannister- Possibly Tommen if he doesn't die. If not one of Kevan's children or Tyrek.

Martell- Doran or Arianne

Greyjoy- Asha

Frey- Who knows. The Freys have massive numbers, so I doubt ALL of them will die

Arryn- Possibly Harry the Heir

Baratheon- Shireen or Edric

Tyrell- Mace or Willas

Tully- Edmure

House Stark: Sansa.

House Lannister: Martyn.

House Baratheon: Edric.

House Tully: extinct or out of rights and lands.

House Greyjoy: Asha.

House Martell: Arianne.

House Tyrell: Willos.

House Arryn: extinct.

House Targaryen: extinct.

I think Rickon is about to be developed in the next book, assuming Davos finds him. However, one thing we do know about him: his wolf is absolutely insane and vicious. Do I remember somewhere that animals bonded with a warg begin to take on their traits or something like that? Could this mean that Rickon will turn out to be a vicious, bloodthirsty monster and that's why Shaggydog acts that way? I'm probably grasping at straws. You're right. We don't know anything about Rickon, at least not yet. I personally think Jon's going to be dead though, and permanently, before the series is over.

I don't think Rickon's vicious or bloodthirsty, just that he's still a young, willful child, prone to childish, knee-jerk reactions. Shaggydog totally takes on his personality, which is that of a four year old boy. I do think he's going to be the King in the North when all is done, though I think he'll wind up more like Ned (hopefully?).

Archived