Leaders of Houses in the End

ledlevee

1. Stark - Going with the surprise pick of Bran leading House Stark at the end

2. Lannister - Tyrek Lannister

3. Greyjoy - Asha

4. Tyrell - Willas after Loras, Margery, Mace and Olenna are murdered in the next sack of Kings Landing

5. Baratheon - Edric Storm (after Stannis while on his deathbed legitimizes him). Because Shireen has died

6. Arryn - Sansa and Harry the Heir

7. Tully - Edmure

8. Bolton - Exiled

9. Frey - Big Walder

10. Targaryen - Extinct

• 3 weeks later...

Stark- Rickon

Lannister- Tyrion

Greyjoy- Asha

Tyrrel- Willas

Barotheon- Shireen until she dies, then perhaps Edric Storm, or the House goe extinct

Arryn- Harry the Heir

Tully- Edmure

Bolton- Extinct

Frey- I think the theory that Black Walder will blame his relatives for the Red Wedding, and massacre them in the name of whoever sit on the Throne will come into fruition

Targaryen- Daenerys, extinct after her death.

Greyjoy : extinct, or Asha heading it.

Baratheon : extinct.

Arryn : extinct, maybe Harry the Heir or Sansa heading it.

Martell : Arianne or Trystane.

Tully : Edmure a hostage, house stripped of all powers.

Tyrell : Willas.

Targaryen : extinct.

Lannister : Tyrek or Tyrion.

Stark : Rickon.

House Stark:

My guess goes with Rickon, while the strings are pulled by House Manderly.

House Lannister:

I think, in the end Tyrion will conquer Casterly Rock and defeat all other contestors.

House Tyrell:

The Tyrells settled on the false horse. I see them going extinct early in the upcoming story.

House Martell:

Even though I see the Martells side with Aegon first, I think ultimately Arianne will choose the right side to band with.

House Arryn:

I don't think, Sweetrobin has a chance to survive the upcoming book. Extinction is waiting for the Arryns of the Eyrie.

Royal House Targaryen of New Valyria:

Although I don't see Daenerys getting the iron throne, she will build her own kingdom around Slaver's Bay and the South of Essos.

Royal House Baratheon of Westeros:

I would like to see Stannis getting what he craves for, especially, when Dany realizes, that her fate doesn't lie in Westeros anymore.

House Frey:

There are quite a bunch of Freys left, but the male Frey line won't survive the final vengeance of the North.

House Tully:

With Tyrion as Lord of Lannister searching for new Allies, I see him freeing Edmure and granting him his titles and powers back.

House Bolton:

They will be defeated and extinct not long into the the next book.

House Greyjoy:

I see Euron and Victarion taking out each other and Theon is too broken, while Aeron is a priest. Asha will rule the Iron Islands with Stannis' favour.

Night's Watch:

If it still exists, I could see Samwell leading them, although it won't be so much focused on fighting anymore.

The Wildlings:

I see them united under House Thenn, which will most likely be one of the most powerful houses in the far north.

Greyjoy : Asha

Baratheon : id like to see Gendry but probably Endric

Arryn : Robert

Martell : Who cares but probabbly Arianne

Tully : Brydon

Tyrell : extinct. they overreached for the throne and now the Reach is surronded by enemies

Targaryen : Jon. Id like to see Jon and Dany together but I think Dany will die in the fight against the Others

Lannister : Tyrion

Stark : Sansa and Rickon

Frey : extinct after the North sorts itself out

Bolton : Same as what the Freys get

Nighhts Watch : disbanded

House Stark - Rickon Stark, this is the most likely chance as we all know how very unlikely it would be to the others.

House Tully - Edmure Tully, he's survived so much, I think he might survive the end too.

House Arryn - If LF dies very soon, Robert still has a chance. The reason he's so sickly and weak is because he was too spoiled by his mother and now, his mother is no more.

House Lannister - This one's a tough choice. Jaime may die and it is very unlikely that the lords will accept Tyrion the Imp, so I'm all for a minor cousin perhaps? Or maybe, another House will take over.

House Targaryen - If in the end there's no Iron Throne nor 7 Kingdoms realm, then this house is a goner. If not, then Dany.

House Martell - Trystane Martell would be the most logical one.

House Tyrell - Willas Tyrell. They've been the House with least casualties, 0 so far, so I'm sure some may die in the upcoming events, Mace including.

House Baratheon - Edric Baratheon. Doesn't Stannis want to legitimize him? If so, then it's a certain choice for Lord.

House Greyjoy - Asha Greyjoy. I think Theon is way too broken to be repaired as far as to become their leader.

STARK: Rickon and Wylla

TARGARYEN: Dany on the Iron Throne

LANNISTER: Tyron and the Sailor's Wife, and won't Tywin roll in his grave that a whore is Lady of Casterly Rock. Also when a queen with dragons proclaims the Imp lord over Casterly Rock, who will stand against her

TYRELL: Willas and Sansa who will make a political marriage

ARRYN: extinct. The Vale will go to Harry the Heir. Sansa has no inheritance rights in that place.

BARATHEON: Gendry legitimized with Arya as his wife.

BOLTON: extinct. Even Fat Walda's baby will die

TULLY: Edmure's and his oldest son

FREY: Edmure's second son with Roslin

MARTELL: Extinct. Doran is making too many mistakes and hesitating too much. He will destroy his family

GREYJOY: extinct. Even Asha will die, and the Reader is related to her from her mother's side, so he is not a Greyjoy.

NIGHTSWATCH: served its purpose and will be disbanded.

l would really like to see House Lannister fall to Jaime, he survives the slaughter and is relieved of his duty as Lord Commander of the Kingsgaurd (because Dany does not trust him), therefore he takes his birthright that is The Rock.

Stark - Sansa will sit in Winterfell as the Lady of the House, and Queen in the North. Rickon and Bran may survive, but they leave behind their inheritance.

Lannister - Casterly Rock will be abandoned, and the family wealth will go to the rebuilding of the realm with Tyrion as Hand. The debt is paid.

Baratheon - Extinct officially, but Gendry survives.

Tully - Edmure returns to be Lord of the Riverlands

Arryn - Extinct. (The Vale is protected by Sansa and Edmure)

Martell - Princess Arianne, who never marries Aegon (instead Margaery takes him as her 4th King husband), and is rewarded for her help in defeating him.

Tyrell - Wyllas. The house remains, though it's no longer growing strong.

Greyjoy - Extinct. (I have no idea what becomes of the Iron Islands).

Targaryen - Jon Targaryen, first of his name, becomes Lord Protector of the Realm formerly known as The Seven Kingdoms.

Stark: Rickon; Brans as good as gone now that he's up with the greenseeyers

Tully: Sansa: she's compared to her mother from the riverlands way too many times to disregaur and she prays at the sept not the godswood. Also her attatchment to the north (her wolf) died.

Arryn: Hail SweetRobin- thats a joke Petyr is going to kill him and get caught causing Harrold Harding to get the Eyrie.

Lannister: I'm rolling in with a bold Lancel guess. The Lannister bannermen won't allow the cripple who killed Tywin to reign. Also Jaime's locked in with the kingsguard, Cersei- I couldn't take it if she lives past the next book, and Varys isn't going to be inclined to power in the hands of the boy whose father he killed.

Bolton: Gone- Just gone

Frey: They are all going to be exiled or killed in their stupid bridge

Baratheon: Gendry is going to shock us all; Edric is too far away to be of any use and Stannis isn't going to help put him on his own seat (unless Stannis were to die and Davos, who cared for him, gained power)

Martell: Arianne's too much of a hothead to make it to the end- Prince Tristan will get Sunspear.

Tyrell: Loras is in the kingsguard, making Willas the clear choice. Garlan maybe, but Martin has pity for cripples, bastards, and broken things. Not saying Willas needs pity- he sounds like a good ruler.

Targaryen: King Jon Targaryen: First of his Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

PS: Its only a matter of time before the Boltons must fear the wrath of the Reynes of Castamere.

Stark: Rickon; Brans as good as gone now that he's up with the greenseeyers

Tully: Sansa: she's compared to her mother from the riverlands way too many times to disregaur and she prays at the sept not the godswood. Also her attatchment to the north (her wolf) died.

Arryn: Hail SweetRobin- thats a joke Petyr is going to kill him and get caught causing Harrold Harding to get the Eyrie.

Lannister: I'm rolling in with a bold Lancel guess. The Lannister bannermen won't allow the cripple who killed Tywin to reign. Also Jaime's locked in with the kingsguard, Cersei- I couldn't take it if she lives past the next book, and Varys isn't going to be inclined to power in the hands of the boy whose father he killed.

Bolton: Gone- Just gone

Frey: They are all going to be exiled or killed in their stupid bridge

Baratheon: Gendry is going to shock us all; Edric is too far away to be of any use and Stannis isn't going to help put him on his own seat (unless Stannis were to die and Davos, who cared for him, gained power)

Martell: Arianne's too much of a hothead to make it to the end- Prince Tristan will get Sunspear.

Tyrell: Loras is in the kingsguard, making Willas the clear choice. Garlan maybe, but Martin has pity for cripples, bastards, and broken things. Not saying Willas needs pity- he sounds like a good ruler.

Targaryen: King Jon Targaryen: First of his Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

PS: Its only a matter of time before the Boltons must fear the wrath of the Reynes of Castamere.

Lannister: Lancel is sworn to the Faith and has given up all land and claims. His younger brother Martyn would come next, however I have a feeling Tyrek Lanninster will end up leading the house. He has been mentioned too much to not play a key role.

Stark: It is widely speculated that Jeyne is pregnant with Robb's child and in hiding with the Blackfish. If it is true, he/she will trump both Jon (mentioned in Robb's will) and Rickon.

Baratheon: I keep seeing Gendry and Edric being mentioned, but who is going to legitimize Robert's bastards? Certainly not the restored House Targaryen. It makes more sense for the Targs to marry Shireen to a loyal bannerman.

Tully: They may get their castle back if they fight for House Targaryen loyally, but the fact remains that they rebelled. This will have to be reconciled with Dany/Jon. Victarian will need a reward if he plays a key role in Targaryen restoration. Returning Harrenhal to the ironmen and giving Vic lordship over the Riverlands sound about right. Either way, Edmure is alive and has a kid, so Sansa seems out of play.

Arryn: Sansa with either Sweetrobin or Harry "the Heir" makes the most sense.

Martell: Arianne has grown and continues to grow. I think she will survive.

Stark: Rickon, with Sansa possibly serving as some sort of "regent" (unlikely, though)

Tully: none, house will be extinct

Arryn: none, house will be extinct in the main line (there are still a few cadet houses)

Baratheon: none, house will be extinct (why do so many people think Shireen will make it? GRRM all but tattooed "This kid is doomed" on her forehead after Val's run-in with her in ADWD)

Lannister: none, house will be extinct

Bolton: none, house will be extinct

Frey: none, house will be extinct

Martell: Trystane (Arianne will die)

Greyjoy: none, house will be extinct

Tyrell: none, house will be extinct in the main line, possibly extinct altogether (Willas will die fighting the Ironborn, although he'll put up a good fight and go out like a boss, I think), mirroring the fate of House Gardener

Targaryen: whichever of Jon/Dany survives to the end

...I guess I'm more pessimistic than you lot, LOL. Really, though, if you look at the history of Westeros, GRRM isn't shy about wiping about formerly great houses of old. I think a number of the great houses will be extinguished by the end of the series; heck, a lot of them are on their last legs already. The Starks and Martells will scrape through, barely, but I think all the other great houses are on the chopping block.

As for House Lannister, even if there is some sort of Lannister renaissance--unfrigginglikely, in my opinion--Tyrion will not be the one leading it. ADWD seemed to confirm that he's on a course to destroy House Lannister, not save it. I'm also increasingly certain Tyrion will not survive the series.

NW- Stannis

North- Bran and Wyla or Arya and Gendry

Riverlands- Sansa

Vale- Whichever one of the clansmen Tyrion met that was the son of the Aryn who was captured and Mya Stone

Westerlands-Tyrion true son of Tywin of house Lannister

Iron Isles- Asha

Reach- Willas

Stormlands- Edric or Gendry and Arya

Dorne- Arriane and that bastard knight she is with in the Arriane sample chapters, the one who took her virginity

7 Kingdoms- Jon with Tyrion as hand or LF with Varys as hand

Lannister: Lancel is sworn to the Faith and has given up all land and claims. His younger brother Martyn would come next, however I have a feeling Tyrek Lanninster will end up leading the house. He has been mentioned too much to not play a key role.

Stark: It is widely speculated that Jeyne is pregnant with Robb's child and in hiding with the Blackfish. If it is true, he/she will trump both Jon (mentioned in Robb's will) and Rickon.

Baratheon: I keep seeing Gendry and Edric being mentioned, but who is going to legitimize Robert's bastards? Certainly not the restored House Targaryen. It makes more sense for the Targs to marry Shireen to a loyal bannerman.

Tully: They may get their castle back if they fight for House Targaryen loyally, but the fact remains that they rebelled. This will have to be reconciled with Dany/Jon. Victarian will need a reward if he plays a key role in Targaryen restoration. Returning Harrenhal to the ironmen and giving Vic lordship over the Riverlands sound about right. Either way, Edmure is alive and has a kid, so Sansa seems out of play.

Arryn: Sansa with either Sweetrobin or Harry "the Heir" makes the most sense.

Martell: Arianne has grown and continues to grow. I think she will survive.

I'm re-assessing my picks- Sorry about the lancel one- that was just pure ignorance- i havent read DwD in a while but:

Iron Throne: Jon Targaryen I married to Arianne Martell

OR Sansa Stark is stolen away from littlefinger at some point by Varys (IDK how but its something Varys would do) and Varys uses Aegon as his puppet to win the Iron throne and marries him to Sansa to win northern support (assuming Dorne comes to Aegon'said against the Tyrells when Aegon raises his banners).

Stark- Rickon

Lannister- Tyrion (Will unsurp Casterly from his siblings or cousins like his ancestor Lann the Clever)

Tyrell- Garlan the Gallant (Just cause he's the best)

Dorne- Arrianne (One of the strongest women in the series and eldest child)

Vale- Harry the Heir (Married to Sansa if he isn't a giant douche like Joff)

Riverlands- Some Mallister (The best/most loyal house in the Riverlands) ?

Iron Islands- Asha (One of the strongest women if not the strongest)

Stark: Rickon

Greyjoy: Asha

Bolton: Extinct

Tully: Edmure

Frey: Black Walder, after having massacred anyone in the way, blaming the Red Wedding on the relatives he killed

Arryn: Harry the Heir has taken the name Arryn when he inherited the Vale

Martell: Arianne

Tyrell: Willas

Barotheon: Shireen, but she's dying. House going to be extinct

Lannister: Tyrion

Targaryen and Iron Throne: Daenerys, going extinct since she's barren. Succession Crisis incoming

Night's Watch: Samwell Tarly

STARK: Rickon, Lord of Winterfell with Sansa his "regent"

TARGARYEN: Daenerys, First Queen of Westeros. She will give birth to a king and die after.

BARATHEON: None. Stannis won't make it in the end; Shireen won't last, too.

LANNISTER: Tyrion will live up to 80, but alone and dies leaving no heir.

TYRELL: Willas

MARTELL: Arianne

ARRYN: None. A new House will take over the Vale.

TULLY: Edmure, if he survives.

FREY: None. They will be remove from the Twins and another House will take over.

BOLTON: None.

GREYJOY: Asha, if she survives.

I don't think House Tyrell will make it in the long run. I don't think Mace or Willas will survive, Garlan may die in battle against the Ironborn, Loras may already be dying or will perhaps inherit but never breed. Margaery meanwhile will, I suspect, be killed in King's Landing. Perhaps House Florent will eventually inherit Highgarden?

The Boltons will never survive, and I suspect that House Arryn will also die out.

I also don't hold out much hope for House Targaryen, or at least the trueborn descendants, rather than bastards and Blackfyres.

EDIT: Actually Loras is in the Kingsguard so that poses a pretty big problem for the inheritance!

Archived