Female characters and and Cersei's penance walk

Ice Turtle

I think Arianne or any of the Sand Snakes would have held her head high; comes from their Dornish upbrinng where women are equal.

I wonder how Brienne would take it; she has terrible shame and self-consciousness about her body, but she would probably steel herself, thinking about the revenge she would exact once it's al over.

Daenerys wouldn't even get to the point where someone was commanding her to abase herself like that; she would die first.

Catelyn would have sighed deeply but done it without complaint, as long as it would help her children somehow

Melisandre would probably enjoy it

Sansa wouldn't make it two steps before the Hound lept out of the bushes to rescue her

Lollys would probably cry a lot.

What would have other female characters done and felt during a walk of shame? Would it be as traumatic for everyone else as it was for Cersei?

I believe Brienne might have chosen death over such shame.

Sansa, Margery, both Jeynes, Arianne, would all break down from the crushing social shame.

Asha, Dany, Catelyn, even Arya, wouldn't give two shits about it, its just a walk.

Not Arianne. She is brave and confrontational and loves men to stare her physicality.

Sansa, Margery, both Jeynes, Arianne, would all break down from the crushing social shame.

Asha, Dany, Catelyn, even Arya, wouldn't give two shits about it, its just a walk.

I'm not sure about Jeyne Poole, this seems as a walk in park compared to Ramsay.

I'm not sure about Jeyne Poole, this seems as a walk in park compared to Ramsay.

When Theon was taking her through Winterfell, she was a nervous wreck, trembling and crying.

Likely walking naked through a furious crowd would be more terrifying than stumbling hidden through Winterfell.

All would be shaken. Except for Pretty Meris.

I imagine that Dany's reaction would be very similar to Cersei's. Cersei gained strength from thinking about being Lion of the Rock and Tywin Lannister's daughter, Dany would think about her being the blood of dragon. I felt sad when Cersei finally broke down. I believe Dany wouldn't.

Asha would laugh off rude and lewd commentary, but there's no doubt she woudn't have exactly great time either.

Sansa would probably cry and woudn't want to let go of her clothes. She would change her mind and decide to stay improsoned.

Catelyn . . . I would like to think she would remain strong. I can't picture her reaction at all.

Arianne's reaction would resemble Dany's and Cersei's, I think. I'm not sure how long she would last determined not to give off weakness, though.

I'm not getting into Arya, who is still a child.

I agree the women would have felt some shame but I think some would have handled it better than others.

Brienne would have made it but it would have reenforced her feelings about herself and made even less sociable

Arriane and Asha would have taken it more in stride and been able to put it behind them later

Sansa would have reacted and felt much as Cersei.

Sansa would break down probably, but would continue.

Catelyn would be strong from the outside, keep her head straight, weak on the inside.

Daenerys wouldn't care that much, same as Arianne and the other Sand Snakes.

Brienne, hard one. She seems tough, but she's not invincible. She would cry afterwards I guess.

Well, the Wildlings wouldn't care either I guess. Asha would laugh at everyone as she walked on.

I think the only female character who wouldn't give a damn is Arya.

She doesn't care what people think of her, she has no sexual identity to speak of (being 11 and hating most people) so she'd have few hangups there, the soles of her feet are so tough she could probably walk the Wall barefoot.

I can see Arya now:

"You stupid! I can walk nakeder than anybody!"

Her feet toughened by her escape across the Riverlands, off she would stride into the filth she became familiar with after escaping from the Red Keep. She'd call hecklers a bunch of camel c*nts, meanwhile skinchanging into all available ravens to make them poop all over the crowd. When Arya arrived at the fortress she'd be the only person within a mile not covered with bird crap. She'd be grinning, too, secure in the knowledge that the High Septon's life wasn't worth a plugged iron coin.

Sometimes it's good to be bad.

ETA: Malgaroth beat me to it.

Cersei already felt old and was not content with her body. So it was even more painful for her to show herself in public. The walk was so terrible because everyone could see that she isn't the beautiful queen anymore. Maybe it would have been different if Cersei had been young.

I think it would not been so crushing for women like Danny, Asha or Arianne. What would happen? Some horny comments of some horny men don't hurt so much... (of course it would not be easy, but not as hard)

I have to agree that Arya would pull this shit off in a flash. I could even see her threatening to pull off some dude's manhood and stuff it down his throat.

Brienne is a war veteran, and has seen and done some truly traumatic things, so I feel like she'd casually just...well...walk it off. Pre-ASOS Brienne might have wavered and suffered, but Post-ASOS Brienne? Forget about it.

Arianne would probably make a point of taking the Walk while naked because she already pretty much walks around naked as-is. Since she's so good at it, I can see her turning it around, and making everyone ELSE jealous, rather than the other way 'round.

Archived