Wert's Star Trek: The Next Generation rewatch (now in added HD!)

Werthead

Why would you cast out Nemesis but keep Insurrection?

IMO, Generations was the worst TNG movie, but save First Contact (which I still don't think was all that great) they were all pretty bad, it's just Nemesis had it bad all the way around, tired actors, tired franchise, hack director, studio had no faith in the film, opened it against LOTR TTT.

...i also agree imaginary friend was one of the worst...though i also disliked interface with equal feeling

... :smoking:

Interface is possibly the most forgettable episode of Season 7. And that's saying something. It doesn't even have the crackling dialogue of Liasons, e.g. "Love me!!!!"

I suppose it came up organically in conversation. Sort of. And there's a difference between :dunno: and :ack: .

I almost replied to him saying "In that case you would have stopped at First Contact." but decided this wasn't the place to debate such things. The sad truth is that First Contact is the only remotely entertaining TNG movie.

Nemesis, the 10th ST movie is also responsible for the sin of breaking the even numbered ST movie = good/ odd numbered ST movie = bad pattern*

Though I here a way of getting around that is making Galaxy Quest (which came out between Insurrection and Nemesis) an honorary ST movie.

*Star Trek III will always be one of the good ST movies for me, better than Undiscovered Country, a good bridge between the best movies Wrath of Kahn and Voyage Home.

Archived