Will Littlefinger ever try to avenge Catelyn ?

Flaming Heart

Eh. I don't totally believe that. You can trust him as long as you know he really needs you for whatever he's going for, and if you predict his moves.

Just for the hell of it, I'm going to assume this isn't a joke. He's from the smallest of the Fingers in the Vale of Arryn. [/gullible]

Its was a joke, but Dont feel bad, its the internet.

I always felt like Littlefinger loved Cat when they were children, but after he got his ass kicked by Neds brother then Littlefinger began feeling the same way about Cat that Jeoffery did about Sansa after he got kicked by Arya and Nymeria. He was greatly humiliated by that encounter and kept that grudge close to his heart, the difference being that Littefinger was far too clever to let these feelings come out. He instead kept his anger a secret and waited for his chance to get back at her in a way, particularly by pulling strings to get her husband Ned killed therefore hurting her by extension. Him running off with Sansa and turning her from high borne noble to peasant bastard could be just another way of getting back and Cat and the Starks for considering him lowborn scum.

Littefinger has always come off to me as a petty creep that would resort to any underhanded scheme to get back at those who have wronged him. I think his whole play for power is the acting out of an angry and rotten child getting revenge for his lack of privilege.

Littlefinger plays long games. He might seek revenge for Cat at some point if he thinks it will help his position with Sansa, the Riverlands and the North.

He might claim that he is getting revenge for Cat by sheltering her daughter after rescuing her from Kings Landing and arranging a marriage to Harry the Heir so she can reclaim Winterfell.

Lf only cares himself he wants whats best for him we see him sheltering Sansa and making a great plan to marry her to the heir of the vale and giving her both WF and Vale but i think he plans to somehow get rid off Harry the heir and take Sansa to himself and all she has to himself too.He is already a great lord (harrenhal).And i think rather then seeking revenge for Cat he actually is getting his revenge from Starks and Cat.He might cared for Cat a long time ago but now his heart is as cold as Stonehearts.

I think that Littlefinger has played the game just to prove that he would be good enough for Catelyn, to prove them wrong so to speak. And, I'm sure he will want to destroy everyone who wronged him in his quest for Catelyn.

I don't think he will try to avenge her, I think he'll just keep playing the game...

I agree to some extent.

Littlefinger is currently in possession of a physical manifestation of the young Cat he fell in "love" with. Since his affection was more of a juvenile idealization, Sansa appeals to him much more than the bloated, decayed corpse of a woman who used to be the girl he put on a pedestal. It's almost a literal (and literary!) instance of him trading for a newer model.

I doubt LF cares that much about a dead Cat, he was crushing on her back in the day, but being dead she doesnt do anything for him. What would vengeance serve in furthering his success?

Besides, its his scheming that got her killed, indirectly.

I don't think Petyr had anything to do with the Red Wedding. On the contrary, I think he might be quite pissed about the whole thing. I think he meant for the ol' King in the North to have quite a part in his then-plan, but he changed everything after the Wedding. That's one of the reasons he took Sansa, I suppose.

PeteSa?

Pizza?

He wont try to avenge Cat purposefully because Littlefinger isn't stupid. He probably will fight with the Freys, but not for Cat, simply as a means to achieve further political control.

Also the entire Frey situtation is probably about to get really, really complicated. Since Walder is likely to die within WoW and Edwyn Frey (rightful heir of Walder) and Black Walder (second in line of the succession) are most likely going to fight a succession war. Littlefinger is smart enough to exploit the situation, I would guess. Though we wouldn't know the details until WoW comes out.

Him running off with Sansa and turning her from high borne noble to peasant bastard could be just another way of getting back and Cat and the Starks for considering him lowborn scum.

Is marrying her to a relatively handsome, charming young lord with a powerful army and giving her a political position where she can avenge her family also a way of getting back at Cat? He hid her as a bastard because she needed to keep her identity hidden. Elsewise his plot would've failed and she'd never get to be Queen of the Vale.

I doubt LF cares that much about a dead Cat, he was crushing on her back in the day, but being dead she doesnt do anything for him. What would vengeance serve in furthering his success?

Besides, its his scheming that got her killed, indirectly.

LF is technically Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. If Sansa ever does marry Harry the Heir, LF might convince the newlyweds that an incursion into the Riverlands is in order. He might start talking about it to Harry along the lines of, "the families that killed your wife's mother and brothers still hold considerable power in the Riverlands and the North." From what little we know of Harry, he seems kind of impetuous. With the right words, I don't doubt that LF could convince Harry to call the banners and head West.

If Harry takes the unbloodied Vale armies into the Riverlands, he'll probably smash everything left there and secure LF's seat at Harrenhall.

The Frey's have no hope of getting any help from the North.

Interesting, I think he might want to have some revenge for what happened to her. Yes, he manipulated the situation against the Starks, but did he really think she would die??? Women generally don't get killed in situations like this, he probably wanted her to come begging to him for help. The fact that he always mooned over Sansa tells us that he's not completely over Cat. People tend to idealize the past and dead people... I think that as time passes LF will regret Cat more and more. If he will have the opportunity to do some damage to the Freys he will do it... but he will not go out of his way to do so.

Archived